Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor's Twitter (X) Account Hacked - page 2. (Read 202 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
March 20, 2024, 02:33:56 PM
I have X to blame more about this. Hacking someone's X account is something common nowadays. We hear about new hack every week or less. Even United States SEC account was hacked. If X want to protect people's accounts and have better security, sim authentication should be removed while remain authentication app and security key which is hardware 2FA.

I also have Trezor to blame about this. They are hardware wallet company but failed not to use either the security key or the authentication app.

Trezor has regained access to their account and confirmed the hack. They also said that they used a strong password and had 2FA activated on Twitter. Some speculate it was a SIM swap attack.
They have just used now or they used strong password before? Also what kind of 2FA they used? If it is sim authentication, they are very stupid and foolish.

According to ZachXBT (https://twitter.com/zachxbt/status/1770237007366639681), the hack wasn't successful compared to many others. The address received a little over $8,000 in SOL.
It is because this type of scam is common and not new anymore.

I do not think Trezor also care about their customers at all. Not long when people that subscribed to their newsletter email accounts were compromised, now their X account.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
March 20, 2024, 02:21:08 PM
Trezor's X account was hacked late in the evening of 19 March.
Whoever got access to it advertised the presale of a fake $TRZR token on the Solana blockchain. Users were asked to send SOL to an address posted in the tweet.

Trezor has regained access to their account and confirmed the hack. They also said that they used a strong password and had 2FA activated on Twitter. Some speculate it was a SIM swap attack.

According to ZachXBT, the hack wasn't successful compared to many others. The address received a little over $8,000 in SOL.

Crypto companies that are responsible in part for safeguarding user's sensitive information need to up their own game.

Pages:
Jump to: