Pages:
Author

Topic: Trivia: 100000th merited post - page 3. (Read 874 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
December 19, 2019, 01:47:27 PM
As you are asking about 100000th merited post not 100000th merit and the sender of the merit, so that post has received merit only from one user.
Am I right?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
December 19, 2019, 01:45:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
December 19, 2019, 01:38:23 PM
Don't edit your post, just make a new one if you want to replace your answer, otherwise I won't know who was first.
I'm still scraping posts, even though loyce.club is currently offline. They'll be uploaded once it's back online.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
December 19, 2019, 01:35:41 PM
Accroding to the first hint, I guess it's tk808 since I have seen him to be active in altcoin section quite a few times; although I don't visit that section much due to less interest & more spam there.
I have no idea about other hints. It would be better if you give some more lights/hints. I will edit the post on the other hints you have given once I get.

The first hint is a bit of a trick. I didn't say the author of the post is an active poster in the altcoin boards. You probably know this user well even if you don't visit altcoin boards.

The second one is a dead giveaway already I'm afraid. No additional hints for the time being.

The third one... as of now the sender of the merit has been inactive for more than a month.

Don't edit your post, just make a new one if you want to replace your answer, otherwise I won't know who was first. I've adjusted the rules in the OP a little bit.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
December 19, 2019, 01:32:01 PM
<…> I determined the 100000th post might be subject to some debate but since this is pretty much a lucky guess anyway - I don't think that matters.
I get that part … luckily I can’t participate, otherwise I’d have to come up with a few solutions depending on the possible selected criteria to deal with can’t tell, can I.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
December 19, 2019, 01:21:18 PM
Accroding to the first hint, I guess it's tk808 since I have seen him to be active in altcoin section quite a few times; although I don't visit that section much due to less interest & more spam there.
I have no idea about other hints. It would be better if you give some more lights/hints. I will edit the post on the other hints you have given once I get.
Activity: 1659
Merit: 687
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
December 19, 2019, 01:13:01 PM
Hey, I am on my couch!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
December 19, 2019, 01:11:06 PM
The contest has ended: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53391027

Thanks everyone!

Tiny print rules: LoyceV, DdmrDdmr, Vod, and anyone else with access to secret merit data is not allowed to participate.

We have merited ~180 thousand posts so far. Can you guess whose post was the 100000th to get merited, what it was about, and who merited it?

Some hints:
  • Author of the post is a well-known forum member, particularly in the altcoin boards.
  • The post itself was in one of the most popular boards but not in the altcoin section. There are a few keywords, any of which I would consider as a correct answer to "what it was about".
  • The sender of the merit is an occasional WO participant, not active recently.

First to guess one of the three gets a merit, first to guess all three gets 7, first to provide the link to the post... LoyceV, get back to your couch, you'll get your chance when I announce the result and you need to prove me wrong.

If this turns out to be too hard I'll drop more hints. One guess per person please, don't try to post a list of 2 million usernames. If I provide additional hints you can make another guess but please make a new post so that I can track who was first. Edited posts will be disqualified.

The way I determined the 100000th post might be subject to some debate but since this is pretty much a lucky guess anyway - I don't think that matters.
Pages:
Jump to: