Pages:
Author

Topic: TrueCoin <-- coin with moderate inflation - page 3. (Read 5635 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
Proof of stake requires centralization, which is against bitcoins design philosophy.

Not exactly accurate, ppcoin's central checkpointing would become advisory-only by default in the future, as an emergency recourse for the users. I would say the level of decentralization would become effectively similar to bitcoin.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1000
Difficulty will be calculated,
 similarly to PPCoin (for PoW).

Tomorrow we'll post about "inflation"
 more detailed, but in short
 1% of inflation per year is not enough for several reasons.

Regarding inflation, the biggest question,
 is this : "How to predict adoption rate/curve ?"
That is : how many first blocks we should
 "hyperinflate" and how to calculate
 bounty for "hyperinflation" stage of coin's
 life.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Why not include the proof of stake, that was considered to be a very good idea.  

And I'd shy away from premining since that(right or wrong) has tarnished the reputation of many coins.

Proof of stake requires centralization, which is against bitcoins design philosophy.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why not include the proof of stake, that was considered to be a very good idea. 

And I'd shy away from premining since that(right or wrong) has tarnished the reputation of many coins.
Activity: 112
interested, I've been wanting to do / see something like this, a small amount of inflation is a NECESSITY for a currency IMO.

PM me if I can help in anyway.

Also I'd go with like +1% inflation, I agree pretty much with other alt coins that inflation is "bad" but I also see it as necessary so I'd try to go as small as possible (within reason not like +0.0000001% or something crazy).

Please, see this topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chart-bitcoin-inflation-vs-time-130619
Bitcoin will receive a 1% inflation the year 2025. This is quite small value.
Activity: 112
I like that you will use new algo. How will difficulty be calculated?

just about. each difficulty * 10  --->  reward +10coin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'll watch this.  A couple of ideas here mesh up with things I want to try out...  CPU mining, Premine used to facilitate early functionality such as faucets and the like.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
interested, I've been wanting to do / see something like this, a small amount of inflation is a NECESSITY for a currency IMO.

PM me if I can help in anyway.

Also I'd go with like +1% inflation, I agree pretty much with other alt coins that inflation is "bad" but I also see it as necessary so I'd try to go as small as possible (within reason not like +0.0000001% or something crazy).

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
I like that you will use new algo. How will difficulty be calculated?
reserved
legendary
Activity: 1386
Watching
reserved
Hi !
Here we'll post about TrueCoin proposal.

Pages:
Jump to: