Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump Is Damaging Press Freedom in the U.S. and Abroad - page 4. (Read 2621 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Besides, the only way you know what Trump says is through the media. If you don't sit right in his office and listen to him, you get it through the media. Just because it happens to be Trump's media this time...

Cool
Activity: 315
Merit: 120
Buzzfeed is pure cancer. CNN and BBC lost their value in my eyes, and I believe in a lot of people too. I was reading through some CNN headlines and boy oh boy is it stupid... They'll twist everything, it's gotten out of hand.

It's called the 2nd amendment!  You can say whatever you want: por ejemplo, "comma splices".  Undecided

The problem is cutting off access.  It's frustrating being taken out of context and misquoated as City Official "X" ... when you did not know the story context and sound like a fool.  That's why it's important to have a good relationship with the press.

You can't compare Trumps media situation with Hitlers or Stalins, it's a completely different thing.

Again.  2nd Amendment Dude!  Can say whatever s/he wants, like co**suc*erbal**. Entiendies?

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Buzzfeed is pure cancer. CNN and BBC lost their value in my eyes, and I believe in a lot of people too. I was reading through some CNN headlines and boy oh boy is it stupid... They'll twist everything, it's gotten out of hand. You can't compare Trumps media situation with Hitlers or Stalins, it's a completely different thing.
Activity: 315
Merit: 120
Who says we need a "White House press briefing?"

It started with Roosevelt on the back of the train.  Throughout this time journalism turned into a professional that strictly reported facts.  Now, it's spin ... spin ....  

This is the year 2017.

It's also 1428.

The news from the White House can simply be put on the internet for anyone to read and/or opine on.

Dangerous.

I work for government.  I have also worked for the press.  It's important and accessible.  The press ask the difficult questions also help management understand the pressing issues of the community.  It can also be a great propaganda tool ... is it seems to be devolving towards.  I blame it on SEO and Google for "backlinks", which encourages looking circular.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722

Quote from: Mark Twain
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
Trump Is Damaging Press Freedom in the U.S. and Abroad

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference Friday, President Trump took his anti-media rhetoric to a new level, doubling down on his description of journalists as “the enemy of the people” and calling for an end to the use of anonymous sources. This on a day when his press secretary Sean Spicer barred reporters from The New York Times, BBC, BuzzFeed News, CNN, Politico, The Los Angeles Times and The Huffington Post from his daily White House press briefing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/opinion/trump-is-damaging-press-freedom-in-the-us-and-abroad.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

So what do you think about it. Says Trump the truth? Writes the press the truth? Or both are wrong?

Huh?

Who says we need a "White House press briefing?"

This is the year 2017.  The news from the White House can simply be put on the internet for anyone to read and/or opine on.

The organizations you mentioned can do that too.  So they've lost nothing.
Activity: 784
Merit: 511
Trump Is Damaging Press Freedom in the U.S. and Abroad

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference Friday, President Trump took his anti-media rhetoric to a new level, doubling down on his description of journalists as “the enemy of the people” and calling for an end to the use of anonymous sources. This on a day when his press secretary Sean Spicer barred reporters from The New York Times, BBC, BuzzFeed News, CNN, Politico, The Los Angeles Times and The Huffington Post from his daily White House press briefing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/opinion/trump-is-damaging-press-freedom-in-the-us-and-abroad.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

So what do you think about it. Says Trump the truth? Writes the press the truth? Or both are wrong?
Pages:
Jump to: