Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump is lying without giving a fuck, why? - page 2. (Read 341 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 20, 2019, 12:29:54 PM
But everyone can agree that Trump just says and blurts things pretty much on the moment, often without his own best interest and almost like he doesn't care about making mistakes.

Not sure that's lying, more just like the way he is.

I don't know. I still think my explanation above is plausible, but I can certainly concede that it might just be that the rise of social media and 24 hours news culture has created a climate where people such as Trump (or in the UK the eerily similar Boris Johnson) will just rise to the top. I don't think either Trump or Johnson is particularly intelligent, so perhaps it's not all orchestrated and we are in fact in an era where the ego-maniac attention-seeking bullshitting sociopaths reign supreme.

The old saying is that we get the politicians we deserve; perhaps it is true that the society we have created is one where these people represent the pinnacle, as horrific as is sounds.

(re bolded) Unrelated to this thread, last couple weeks I have been wondering about the extent of structural modifications to cultural and social discourse that may occur as a result of the sort of things that twitter does. Seems to be mostly changes in bad directions...

RE (I don't think either Trump or Johnson is particularly intelligent) my opinion of Trump is sort of he's like a near-autistic high level genius. That would explain poor social skills and high achievement. I have worked with several people who were similar, that's why I put it this way.

What's important is how intelligent Trump's team thinks he is. We know what the Dems think, already... that he is a worthy opponent, no matter his intelligence. That's why they fight him so hard. He (and his team) are destroying the things they (the Dems) have so determinedly built for decades.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
December 20, 2019, 10:51:33 AM
But everyone can agree that Trump just says and blurts things pretty much on the moment, often without his own best interest and almost like he doesn't care about making mistakes.

I don't know. I still think my explanation above is plausible, but I can certainly concede that it might just be that the rise of social media and 24 hours news culture has created a climate where people such as Trump (or in the UK the eerily similar Boris Johnson) will just rise to the top. I don't think either Trump or Johnson is particularly intelligent, so perhaps it's not all orchestrated and we are in fact in an era where the ego-maniac attention-seeking bullshitting sociopaths reign supreme.

The old saying is that we get the politicians we deserve; perhaps it is true that the society we have created is one where these people represent the pinnacle, as horrific as is sounds.

(re bolded) Unrelated to this thread, last couple weeks I have been wondering about the extent of structural modifications to cultural and social discourse that may occur as a result of the sort of things that twitter does. Seems to be mostly changes in bad directions...

RE (I don't think either Trump or Johnson is particularly intelligent) my opinion of Trump is sort of he's like a near-autistic high level genius. That would explain poor social skills and high achievement. I have worked with several people who were similar, that's why I put it this way.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
December 20, 2019, 10:44:23 AM

Either it's my way, or your way, or indeed probably a mixture of both, some ad-libbed idiocy and some carefully choreographed by advisors. We can't really say for certain, and we are kept guessing...
legendary
December 20, 2019, 10:00:54 AM
Have you ever walked around a place a hurricane has hit a few days later? I can totally imagine a person saying those sorts of things over and over.

Talk like "Such extreme meteorological events..." is more like academic eggheads prattling.

That COULD be an explanation if he was giving an interview from where the hurricane hit, or right after visiting the place. Some kind of emotional mistake yeah.

But I think there is one speech where he does it, so ok let's say that was emotion. And the 7 other times? When he talks about it days if not weeks after the event in a big comfy chair? He's still emotional? Trump is so sensitive and emotional that 3 weeks after the disaster he still doesn't really control what he says?

Damn, not sure that's better...

Let me repeat, have you yourself ever walked through a hurricane devastated area?

No. How is it relevant though?

I'm sure you hate fake, lying policians as much as I do.

Activity: 392
Merit: 115
December 20, 2019, 09:14:33 AM
Have you ever walked around a place a hurricane has hit a few days later? I can totally imagine a person saying those sorts of things over and over.

Talk like "Such extreme meteorological events..." is more like academic eggheads prattling.

That COULD be an explanation if he was giving an interview from where the hurricane hit, or right after visiting the place. Some kind of emotional mistake yeah.

But I think there is one speech where he does it, so ok let's say that was emotion. And the 7 other times? When he talks about it days if not weeks after the event in a big comfy chair? He's still emotional? Trump is so sensitive and emotional that 3 weeks after the disaster he still doesn't really control what he says?

Let me repeat, have you yourself ever walked through a hurricane devastated area?

No. How is it relevant though?
legendary
December 20, 2019, 08:35:26 AM

December 20, 2019, 05:35:55 AM

legendary
December 19, 2019, 01:07:05 PM
Ok this is so purely factual that even the biggest Trumptards won't be able to deny it. I'm still putting it in self mod because you never know what TECSHARE is able of though...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/01/politics/donald-trump-category-5-hurricane-dorian/index.html

So in a speech Trump says that he's not even sure that he heard about a category 5 hurricane like the Dorian one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVB6fqr4SFI

Ok, why not? After all you don't have to be a scientist to be POTUS and it's a good way to say "wahou it's an unexpected unprecedented event that we have to deal with" so why not.

The problem is that he said THE EXACT SAME THING ALREADY THREE TIMES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeVCka26BTE

He said exactly that already for the 3 other category 5 that have hit USA while he was in office.

So that's at least 3 times where the guy is lying to his whole country. But why?

My theory here is that he'd rather appear as a moron that admit that such extreme meteorological events are happening more and more which could mean that climate change might not be a Chinese invention.

You see another reason why he would be lying in such obvious way?

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
December 19, 2019, 09:58:48 AM
I posted about this in another thread.

The continuous lying is intentional, and the crucial factor is the speed with which he can churn out new lies. With each new lie, the last one gets submerged before there is a chance for it to be investigated and debunked. Each outrageous headline gets replaced by a new one faster than you can say 'WTF?'. There is no time to prove it's a lie before the next one is upon us. This is how he stays ahead and on top.

Yep. This is the pretty big theory that people use, and at certain times I do actually believe it because it makes sense.

A lot of politicians try this though, it's the fact that it's hard to call them out when there's so much disinformation and lying to the point where it's just a waste of time calling them out. It usually works in the world of politics because people will typically now just accept the fact that most politicians lie -- all they have to do is to convince the voters that they lie less, or they're a bit better then their competitors.

Very very interesting strategy.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
December 19, 2019, 06:52:44 AM
I posted about this in another thread.

The continuous lying is intentional, and the crucial factor is the speed with which he can churn out new lies. With each new lie, the last one gets submerged before there is a chance for it to be investigated and debunked. Each outrageous headline gets replaced by a new one faster than you can say 'WTF?'. There is no time to prove it's a lie before the next one is upon us. This is how he stays ahead and on top.
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 1
December 19, 2019, 04:59:33 AM
I think that lie is pretty much the feature of all politicians. They don't feel that they lie at the time when they are doing this. They just say what in their opinion is the most appropriate at the moment. One does not feel ashamed in such a situation as they believe that nothing bad or evil has been done. We can analyze their words and speeches forever but that won't change anything in their behavior. Unfortunately Sad   
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
December 18, 2019, 10:00:38 AM
The whole Hurricane story is old news, but I'm pretty sure Trump wants to be 'right' and to prove that he's smarter then the experts. I think this quote kinda sums it all up from the Atlantic.

Fourth, there’s no reason to believe that Trump’s comments on Sunday were anything more than his typical bullshitting: He knew the storm was going to hit the South, he knows Alabama is a southern state, and it’s important to him electorally, so he rambled on. While there’s no reason to believe the initial statement was anything other than an unintentional error, it’s unclear at this point whether Trump now believes his own lie or recognizes it and just won’t let go. It’s also unclear which would be worse.

So I don't think there is any reason for Trump doing this, just bullshitting about his Southern states and failing and not being able to accept that he's wrong.
December 18, 2019, 09:32:57 AM
Ok this is so purely factual that even the biggest Trumptards won't be able to deny it. I'm still putting it in self mod because you never know what TECSHARE is able of though...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/01/politics/donald-trump-category-5-hurricane-dorian/index.html

So in a speech Trump says that he's not even sure that he heard about a category 5 hurricane like the Dorian one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVB6fqr4SFI

Ok, why not? After all you don't have to be a scientist to be POTUS and it's a good way to say "wahou it's an unexpected unprecedented event that we have to deal with" so why not.

The problem is that he said THE EXACT SAME THING ALREADY THREE TIMES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeVCka26BTE

He said exactly that already for the 3 other category 5 that have hit USA while he was in office.

So that's at least 3 times where the guy is lying to his whole country. But why?

My theory here is that he'd rather appear as a moron that admit that such extreme meteorological events are happening more and more which could mean that climate change might not be a Chinese invention.

You see another reason why he would be lying in such obvious way?
Pages:
Jump to: