Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump just killed Rule 1031 all BTC trades now taxable - page 3. (Read 478 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Sad day for traders

Tax code 1031 the like for like exemption that shielded traders is no more

Trump the moron killed it

Time to exit the USA

http://bitcoinist.com/cryptocurrency-investors-lose-tax-break/

As always, not a single reply.

I don't think anyone wants to even know anything about Bitcoin taxes. Just sitting there like an ostrish with your head in the sand, pretending that no one told you Bitcoin is taxable is most people's strategy.

They still think it's 'anonymous'

haha

try to cash out in an exchange

you got to give more id than you can imagine

then they limit you to a lousy 50K a week

so if you made a big hit, it would take years to withdraw

yet the irs wants taxes on it as soon as the exchange sells it

and the main exchanges know who you really are

so

1. it's not anonymous when you exit
2. the exchanges are a trap for big exits, they won't let you take out huge wins

the more you look at all crypto the more you see big brother

sure when it's in a wallet you can't use it is anonymous

try to spend it, impossible so you sell it have big wallet in cash in exchange then you can't move much out

haha

so no one is really talking about what is the end game

all it did is trap you into the coin with no real hope of exiting mega millions even if you made them

now, they want to instantly collect on gains when you just move into a new coin

so forget about coinbase, they will soon be feeding the irs every account holders info

then bitcoin gains will pay off the debt

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I'm not US based but I do watch r/bitcoinmarkets which has lots of them and it seemed to me that a fair few of them were already thinking this was a thing. It is theoretically in the UK and always has been but I'd guess most will roundly ignore it away from the obvious honeypots like GDAX.
Activity: 97
The last sentence though Cheesy Cheesy, oh god can barely contain myself. Yeah I would argue that is the consensus among the community here although that seems to be short-sighted to me. People in the USA are going to get screwed more but there are a few places which you can avoid getting taxed double or even avoid altogether. In the end though you gotta realize 20% is much less than 40-50% which would be the normal rate given how much people are making so we should be happy to pay the little tax we have to.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
I am definitely not a lawyer, but weren't we required to pay taxes on any bitcoin
capital gains anyway?  Can you break down what's new in this?  I'm sure whatever
IS new is going to be summarily ignored by the bitcoin using masses anyhow.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Sad day for traders

Time to exit the USA

As always, not a single reply.

I don't think anyone wants to even know anything about Bitcoin taxes. Just sitting there like an ostrish with your head in the sand, pretending that no one told you Bitcoin is taxable is most people's strategy.
Activity: 84
Sad day for traders

Time to exit the USA

Pages:
Jump to: