Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump proposes massive one-time tax on the rich to pay off national debt - page 2. (Read 967 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
I think Donald has an excellent idea, the wealthy have been riding on the backs of the middle class for too long. Need proof wait until the CEO salaries are published,then you will see how they have been riding on the backs of their employees with their outrageous salaries.
its a great idea, but it isnt new or anything, no president has had the balls to actually push such a tax forward. its pretty clear that the most wealthy in the US dont need the entirety of their wealth in their lifetime, yet the disparity between them and the middle class grows every day for no greater cause. even if this tax doesnt repay the majority of the debt, its certainly a great start for many reasons.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It isn´t about $18 Trillion, but 5.7. I guess that´s the part of it that´s held by parties outside of the United States. It´s a 14.25% levy on individuals and trusts worth net $10 million or more. Seems reasonable.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I think Donald has an excellent idea, the wealthy have been riding on the backs of the middle class for too long. Need proof wait until the CEO salaries are published,then you will see how they have been riding on the backs of their employees with their outrageous salaries.

You don't think that taking $18T out of the money supply to retire 0% interest debt would have negative ramificatiins on the US and global economies? Because I do.

Trump doesn't understand the difference between personal/corporate/municipal debt vs. sovereign debt. He is unfit for office, which is too bad because I like him.
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Can America tax its way back to greatness? Donald Trump seems to think so.

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/11/09/trump.rich/index.html
Pages:
Jump to: