Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump tax on foreign remittances could open market share for Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 984 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Making bitcoin more user friendly will go a long way in encouraging the Mexicans,  and other nationals to adopt bitcoin for remittances.  However, the Feds won't let that happen without a fight.

You can be sure that regulations will be put in place to discourage mass adoption of Bitcoin. But in the end, it's the will of the people that always prevail.

Come one, man. The Feds don't give a fuck about Bitcoin. If they did they'd approve the Winklevoss ETF. Besides, Bitcoin doesn't have to appear mainstream for immigrants to use it to send money to their family...they just need to know (1) that bitcoin is a cheaper option, (2) that something like Coinbase is an easy way to receive transmit the money, and (3) the risk associated with keeping fiat in Bitcoin for a long period of time.

You and I can't make bitcoin more user friendly than it is. What's more friendly than connecting a checking account to Coinbase...sending your funds to whatever wallet via coinbase...and then having the recipient redeem the funds to their local checking account?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
It Can Only Get Better
If Trump decides to tax remittance payments from people in the US to people in other countries, these people could seek ways to send the money without paying the tax. I believe Bitcoin can make that happen!

In the US the remittances to Mexico alone total $27B annually. Imagine if that kind of volume all of a sudden was being flowed through Bitcoin. That would be incredible!

How do we spread the word that this is an option if Trump begins to tax these Dollars?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/20/news/economy/mexico-remittances-trump/index.html

Making bitcoin more user friendly will go a long way in encouraging the Mexicans,  and other nationals to adopt bitcoin for remittances.  However, the Feds won't let that happen without a fight.

You can be sure that regulations will be put in place to discourage mass adoption of Bitcoin. But in the end, it's the will of the people that always prevail.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
The biggest thing that I see with this is that if Bitcoin attempts to fill this void, it may cause regulations by the government just because they know this is the reason that bitcoin is being used for those people. It's not something that is going to help Bitcoin in the least and I wouldn't want to see it fill this void.

It's not going to help Bitcoin at all and it may see a bit of a surge for a little while in the means of more people using it but it will just make it harder for the rest of the people that want to use Bitcoin for a way that is accepted by the government.

It'll fuck Bitcoin if it fills this void, don't do it and heed the warning.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
I think you're right but we need to get the word across to them maybe by opening up topics in local threads on this forum where people will be able to read and understand in their own dialect. I think that way they will learn to accept and use Bitcoin and abandon government taxes if he so imposes on them.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
If Trump decides to tax remittance payments from people in the US to people in other countries, these people could seek ways to send the money without paying the tax. I believe Bitcoin can make that happen!

In the US the remittances to Mexico alone total $27B annually. Imagine if that kind of volume all of a sudden was being flowed through Bitcoin. That would be incredible!

How do we spread the word that this is an option if Trump begins to tax these Dollars?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/20/news/economy/mexico-remittances-trump/index.html
Pages:
Jump to: