Pages:
Author

Topic: TRUST and REPUTATION - page 2. (Read 365 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
May 08, 2021, 04:28:14 PM
Up to now, I have been working hard to build people's trust. It can be said, I have tried my best up to now.
Don't care much about reputation at all. Look at my trust page, you think I give a dime in that? You need to remember why you are in the gang in the first place. If you are here because of the love for the community and Bitcoin then that's it. Hang around or go F off somewhere else.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
May 08, 2021, 04:11:18 PM
I gave you merits for writing a thoughtful post, not necessarily because I liked it.
I am very happy to receive this kind of compliment  Cheesy It proves that I'm not a shit poster  Cheesy
It seemed like a "look at me, I can be trusted!" kind of post to be blunt, though you might not have intended it that way.
Honestly, it's like something to brag. You can see me as a kid happy to have something. It's like "I just got a candy, it's delicious, I want you to know that"  Cheesy

(as I'm sure you're well aware).
You're absolutely right, I was wrong from the moment I started, and I think I have to fix everything since I admitted

that's up to the members who left you negs, though.
If possible, I expect all positive feedback that has been left in this account before I buy it may be deleted, even though it is not strictly necessary and has no effect. I will be active, maybe one day everyone will recognize that I deserve this account, and it is the only way to get better  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
May 08, 2021, 03:50:57 PM
I gave you merits for writing a thoughtful post, not necessarily because I liked it.  It seemed like a "look at me, I can be trusted!" kind of post to be blunt, though you might not have intended it that way.

If you want to build a reputation here on bitcointalk, buying an account with a trust history (whether positive or negative) is the wrong way to go, and I do think the negs that were left for you because of you buying this account are just.  All of the positives that were given to your account prior to you buying it don't reflect the person behind the account right now, and that's important.  You might not be a scammer at all, but what you've done is to purchase someone else's positive trust history--and that's very much frowned upon here (as I'm sure you're well aware).

Maybe in time if you establish a track record of positive trusts, those negs you got because of the account purchase might be changed to neutrals warning members that feedback before 2015-17 (or whenever it was you acquired this account) are not to be considered when trading with you.  That's up to the members who left you negs, though.
better everyday ♥
May 08, 2021, 03:20:51 PM
A user can have a bad reputation, maybe cause they have a diverse view on certain topics, but they could still very well be trustworthy.
From what I have experienced, I think not everyone has a positive mindset like you. For some people, when they hate someone, they will never take him seriously, they will always treat him like a real scammer.

No, you are not to skeptical. The internet is filled with scammers and one is right to be very skeptical with any interaction involving money. The user may have been lucky not to get ripped off in this case, but making financial decisions based on sentiments is never a good idea.
At least you were thinking like me, even if he transacted with me twice, and he sent first, but if he wanted me to send first, to be honest, I wouldn't agree, because I don't really trust him. I'm surprised he trusts me, I treasure it, but it doesn't mean I can trust him. LOL  Cheesy Sorry if that guy can read this, but it's true. I'll still look for a safety  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
May 08, 2021, 03:05:39 PM
According to you, trust and reputation, are they related?
They are slightly related imo.
Trust represents the honesty or otherwise of the user; if I trust someone, I can recommend them as escrows or go first in a deal.
Reputation is more about a user's personality and what they are known for, it could be likened to popularity or attitude. A user can have a bad reputation, maybe cause they have a diverse view on certain topics, but they could still very well be trustworthy.

What do you think about being trusted by a guy you don't even know? Honestly, even when I deal with someone, I don't think I can trust someone (like me) to send $ 600 in advance. Was I too skeptical when making transactions? It seems I have lack of trust?
No, you are not to skeptical. The internet is filled with scammers and one is right to be very skeptical with any interaction involving money. The user may have been lucky not to get ripped off in this case, but making financial decisions based on sentiments is never a good idea.
better everyday ♥
May 08, 2021, 02:50:52 PM
Hello everyone!
Coming back here after two busy and absent days from this forum, I want to share a story. I wanted to share it that day, but I am too busy to be active and write a post. But okay, today, I'm here and talking about it  Cheesy

According to you, trust and reputation, are they related? I personally find that trust and reputation have a close relationship with each other, in particular, the beliefs of others depend a lot on your beliefs, and vice versa.

Enough rambling on, the story I'm going to tell is quite short, but it concerns me, and the way I see others. As you all know, and as you can see right here, in my profile, I have a negative trust in my account. It makes perfect sense since I bought this account many years ago. I won't say more about what happened. Up to now, I have been working hard to build people's trust. It can be said, I have tried my best up to now. I don't know how many people trusted me here, but I'm sure there are some who, up to this point, still see me as a potential scammer. It's fine! Anyway, I still try to work here.

And the unexpected happened, it was over a week ago, when a strange guy PM me about his BTC exchange with my PayPal. We had the deal, and were ready to trade, but he disappeared a few days later. It doesn't matter if he doesn't come back and keep trading with me. We were going to do a deal with 400 $ and do 2 transactions, he sent it first. I'm glad he trusted me. But just 2 days ago, he went on to make another, bigger transaction, it's 600$. And I was really surprised that he still sent it first. I was really amazed! How could he trust me so much? You know, 600 dollars is not a small amount, and he risked sending it to me, it was unbelievable. He wasn't even a member of this forum, according to him, he just skimmed over here and he decided to trust me. OMG  Shocked I was socked!

I really feel grateful to him, he gave me a new sense of trust, for his trust in me. I don't want to talk about my credibility on this forum, and I'm not aiming to assert my credibility, this is just a story. I'm just amazed someone believes me so much. What do you think about being trusted by a guy you don't even know? Honestly, even when I deal with someone, I don't think I can trust someone (like me) to send $ 600 in advance. Was I too skeptical when making transactions? It seems I have lack of trust?

this is a long article, I don't hope you can read it all, but if so, please read the focus, thanks!  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: