Pages:
Author

Topic: trust disappearing? - page 2. (Read 1373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1042
Need a crypto/NFT Marketing? Contact me.
February 13, 2016, 05:43:09 AM
Ok here's a no-brainer explanation:

Everyone has a "trust list" , which consists of people whose feedback you trust, so that their feedbacks actually affect a person's rating and shows up under "Trusted feedback" when viewing a person's trust page. If you haven't modified it, it will have "DefaultTrust" by default on it which consists of members who either theymos personally trusts or people who have been valued members of the community and are widely trusted. Now DefaultTrust is also an account, which has its own trust list. Now there are so called depth-levels, on Depth 0 are the people you have manually added to your trust list. On Depth 1 are people under Depth 1 users' trust list, considering you have a unchanged trust list, that would be people who are under DefaultTrust's trust list. On Depth 2 are the people under trust list of people on Depth 1. By default , you view only users from Depth 2 as "Trusted" , which can be changed up to a maximum of 4. Now coming to escrow.ms , he was added to DT 1 as he was an active member of the community and was a widely trusted escrow while also having a well maintained trust list.

Recently escrow.ms f*cked up, he was arrested for card cloning and illegal money transfer fraud which is possibly the reason for his removal from DT(abbreviation for DefaultTrust) . Now escrow.ms had you and many other individuals on his trust list, because of which you(and others) appeared on DT 2 of everyone who had DefaultTrust under their trust list or people who had escrow.ms under their trust list. Because of escrow.ms' removal from DT 1, he is currently at DT 2 as BadBear(Admin) and Tomatocage(another long time member and a trusted escrow) which means you are downgraded to DT 3. Now because nearly no one has selected level 3 under their trust page, no one would view your(or individuals who were only on escrow.ms' trust list) feedbacks as "Trusted" and the feedbacks won't affect one's ratings. For you however, your feedbacks will still be viewed as Trusted because you "trust yourself" by default(which cannot be changed lol)

Didn't create this just for the purpose of just explaining it to one member, I don't like repeating myself so I will use this as a reference whenever a member asks me/publicly as to what DT is. And from what I know, the least knowledgeable are the individuals which already are on DT.
It kinda makes sense now, I'd like to thank you for putting time into explaining this.
Thanks again.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
February 13, 2016, 04:01:39 AM
Ok here's a no-brainer explanation:

Everyone has a "trust list" , which consists of people whose feedback you trust, so that their feedbacks actually affect a person's rating and shows up under "Trusted feedback" when viewing a person's trust page. If you haven't modified it, it will have "DefaultTrust" by default on it which consists of members who either theymos personally trusts or people who have been valued members of the community and are widely trusted. Now DefaultTrust is also an account, which has its own trust list. Now there are so called depth-levels, on Depth 0 are the people you have manually added to your trust list. On Depth 1 are people under Depth 0 users' trust list, considering you have a unchanged trust list, that would be people who are under DefaultTrust's trust list. On Depth 2 are the people under trust list of people on Depth 1. By default , you view only users from Depth 2 as "Trusted" , which can be changed up to a maximum of 4. Now coming to escrow.ms , he was added to DT 1 as he was an active member of the community and was a widely trusted escrow while also having a well maintained trust list.

Recently escrow.ms f*cked up, he was arrested for card cloning and illegal money transfer fraud which is possibly the reason for his removal from DT(abbreviation for DefaultTrust) . Now escrow.ms had you and many other individuals on his trust list, because of which you(and others) appeared on DT 2 of everyone who had DefaultTrust under their trust list or people who had escrow.ms under their trust list. Because of escrow.ms' removal from DT 1, he is currently at DT 2 as BadBear(Admin) and Tomatocage(another long time member and a trusted escrow) which means you are downgraded to DT 3. Now because nearly no one has selected level 3 under their trust page, no one would view your(or individuals who were only on escrow.ms' trust list) feedbacks as "Trusted" and the feedbacks won't affect one's ratings. For you however, your feedbacks will still be viewed as Trusted because you "trust yourself" by default(which cannot be changed lol)

Didn't create this just for the purpose of just explaining it to one member, I don't like repeating myself so I will use this as a reference whenever a member asks me/publicly as to what DT is. And from what I know, the least knowledgeable are the individuals which already are on DT.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 13, 2016, 03:40:25 AM
It was due to the removal of escrow.ms from the DT, you too are removed from DT 2 so everyone will view your feedbacks as 'untrusted' unless they have manually added you to their trust list.
can you explain further please? what is escrow.ms? why was I removed? system is bit complicated

escrow.ms is a member, in a defaul trust, so if he give trust to soemone and that someone give it to you, you gain your precious trust, otherwise if he is not in the default trust anymore none of his sub trusted member will get anything
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2016, 10:18:06 PM
It was due to the removal of escrow.ms from the DT, you too are removed from DT 2 so everyone will view your feedbacks as 'untrusted' unless they have manually added you to their trust list.
can you explain further please? what is escrow.ms? why was I removed? system is bit complicated

escrow.ms happens to be in DT depth 1, he added you on his trust list so you become a member of DT depth 2, since escrow.ms is removed from default trust users then all users added to his trust list including you are removed from depth 2.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
February 12, 2016, 09:15:46 PM
Ugh.  I'm not affected by this but that sucks for the members whose trust got bumped down.  This whole situation is crappy.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 12, 2016, 08:53:56 PM
Here is a link to the issue and I am not some one that can explain the trust other then it is above my pay grade. Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1359877.0;topicseen

legendary
February 12, 2016, 08:14:24 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
February 12, 2016, 08:09:01 PM
legendary
February 12, 2016, 08:06:24 PM
Why did a LOT of the trust recently disappear from more than one member's profile?
Pages:
Jump to: