Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust farming - page 2. (Read 2355 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
October 01, 2015, 07:22:29 AM
Yes, some people use the trust system as a trade feedback system. It would probably be better if the reputation threads would be used for that kind of feedback. On the other hand the rep threads are barely used at all, the whole section is hardly used.

In the light of "(next to) no rules of feedback left" I think its fine. People need to read the feedback, what it was given for and what feedback the person in question usually gives, etc. It might be a bit much to ask for such investigations for someone new, but the alternative is to read a possible 80+ pages thread or to moderate the trust system.
Yeah the old members of the forum know not to trust anyone by going first and always using an escrow but say Alice does this 3-4 times, leaves the account for the trust rating to go up(now the trust rating of her account is 34-0/+4 ,which is considered highly trustworthy here). Then when she gets a chance she scams a newbie/Jr. member/ Member/Full member(these are most of the users that go blindly according to trust rating) 0.3-0.4 btc as it is more or less required by btc- paypal sellers that a newbie who is selling their btc for paypal is the one who goes first.

I am aware of the risks and I dont like them either, I just dont see it as an option to force people to understand the trust system in a certain way. This would require moderating it. The best course of action is probably to contact the person on DT that leaves these ratings and ask them consider the possible implications.

I am doing so , and wouldn't be surprised if they don't comply. Anyway just wanted to attract community's attention to this. If you too see any trust rating been given like this please PM the DT member and ask him to reconsider his feedback
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 01, 2015, 07:20:27 AM
Yes, some people use the trust system as a trade feedback system. It would probably be better if the reputation threads would be used for that kind of feedback. On the other hand the rep threads are barely used at all, the whole section is hardly used.

In the light of "(next to) no rules of feedback left" I think its fine. People need to read the feedback, what it was given for and what feedback the person in question usually gives, etc. It might be a bit much to ask for such investigations for someone new, but the alternative is to read a possible 80+ pages thread or to moderate the trust system.
Yeah the old members of the forum know not to trust anyone by going first and always using an escrow but say Alice does this 3-4 times, leaves the account for the trust rating to go up(now the trust rating of her account is 34-0/+4 ,which is considered highly trustworthy here). Then when she gets a chance she scams a newbie/Jr. member/ Member/Full member(these are most of the users that go blindly according to trust rating) 0.3-0.4 btc as it is more or less required by btc- paypal sellers that a newbie who is selling their btc for paypal is the one who goes first.

I am aware of the risks and I dont like them either, I just dont see it as an option to force people to understand the trust system in a certain way. This would require moderating it. The best course of action is probably to contact the person on DT that leaves these ratings and ask them consider the possible implications.
4 Mana 7/7
October 01, 2015, 04:23:40 AM

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 01, 2015, 04:18:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
October 01, 2015, 03:09:31 AM
Unfortunately not all of those who belongs to the Default Trust deserve the position. Some of them doesn't fully understand the opportunity given to them to help the community.

side comment:
When you said bob I automatically thought of the bob we all know i  here lol.
4 Mana 7/7
October 01, 2015, 02:44:54 AM
Not going to point at anyone specific here, but I see there are a lot of trust feedbacks been given based on paypal deals.
So what happends is:
A member in DefaultTrust, lets call him Bob for simplicity, is selling his paypal for btc, so anyone, for example Alice, who sells bitcoin to him is the one at risk not Bob. So after a successful transaction, it should be Alice who leaves a trust rating on Bob as she is running a risk as Bob(trusted paypal sellers always urge the untrusted one to go first) only goes after Alice sends first, not the other way around as Bob is not running any risk which would make him to leave a trust rating on Alice. Anyway continuing, now what Alice(and most trust farmers) can do is use virwox and incur a loss of max 10% of the amount he/she traded. Say she traded 0.1 btc(which is pretty much the average amount trust farmers use) with Bob, so now converting it back to bitcoin would take some hassle + a bit of loss max 0.01.
So has this forum's trust degraded so much that one trust feedback from a trusted member costs only 0.01 for a trust farmer?
Pages:
Jump to: