Pages:
Author

Topic: Trying the new Bitcoin ATM near my house - page 2. (Read 5968 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Thats good that you have a bitcoin atm near ur house,it will help people to buy bitcoins on the go.but the price of bitcoins is higher than the standard.Well according to me  there is no need of an bitcoin atm as we can get bitcoins without even not stepping out of the house and i think thats why online shopping is so much popular everywhere.
Activity: 742
Merit: 252
It's really amazing to see bitcoin ATM and it's really fun to see it's work.
Overall I see that transaction using bitcoin ATM seems secure and simple , hope I can see mine on my place !

Its flawless and in my experience the transfer was pretty fast, not 7 hours, but max 7 minutes. No id was required and the cash was pretty neat and new. This might be the future. Although I bought some big mac to celebrate the day
I've had a similar experience to this, never really had an issue with the one or two ATMs that I dabbled with but a lot of them were pretty far off of the spot value so it felt a little like I was getting ripped off, but to be fair it is a physical thing and as such some sacrifices have to be made.

I should get a big mac one day. Been forever since I've had fast food.

How else to celebrate being connected to the future, to a market of billions of dollars at your finger tips, the money that make the atm look as if sitting in front of a bank. I know is a ripper, but I was amazed how lets you choose insane amounts, just for the idea and the morals it's pretty good. I would not look at the comision for withdrawal of 10$, for example, I made in newsletter campaign (chronobank) Cheesy
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
This is awesome video integrating bitcoins with the technology of  using atm machine very cool, If ever I got this one in my place I will try to use this but considering if fees is a little bit high I will use my local exchanger instead.
Yeah you are right, I can even consider Bitcoin Atm machines as my last resort the only advantage I am seeing using this is that it is instant from receiving both Bitcoin and Cash compared to my local Bitcoin wallet in which I have an option to convert my Bitcoin to Fiat via Bank Deposit it takes time, and it has a time limit of 10 AM in order for me to receive it at 4-5 O'clock in the Evening, if not it will be processed during the next business day, also the advantage of it is that they exactly exchange it from its real price without any transfer fee, so you are really getting the value of your Bitcoin with it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
There's a new Bitcoin ATM in the mall down the block from me, so I went over and checked it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xajKjxxRL04

Would try the Bitnational machines there are a heck of a lot of them near your location as well
http://bitnational.com/Bitcoin-ATM-Locations
The Cafe Blanca located one is nice and chill ^^
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Overall I see that transaction using bitcoin ATM seems secure and simple , hope I can see mine on my place !

Its flawless and in my experience the transfer was pretty fast, not 7 hours, but max 7 minutes. No id was required and the cash was pretty neat and new. This might be the future. Although I bought some big mac to celebrate the day
I've had a similar experience to this, never really had an issue with the one or two ATMs that I dabbled with but a lot of them were pretty far off of the spot value so it felt a little like I was getting ripped off, but to be fair it is a physical thing and as such some sacrifices have to be made.

I should get a big mac one day. Been forever since I've had fast food.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
This is awesome video integrating bitcoins with the technology of  using atm machine very cool, If ever I got this one in my place I will try to use this but considering if fees is a little bit high I will use my local exchanger instead.
Activity: 742
Merit: 252

Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Really cool idea with this ATM I dont have them in my town, but in the capital city we have those small ones. This atm machines are really easy to use, but this one which can give a cash are also very expensive maybe that's why we have small.The buy price are little bit high but if you need bitcoin using paper that a great technology
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I have few Bitcoin ATMs in area where I live and work. But I have never tried them because I just don't have that habit to use them. It's much more convenient to me that I buy or sell my coins online, on localbitcoins. But it's good to have ATM option and I think that can contribute to popularity of Bitcoins.
I also don’t use the bitcoin ATM that much even they are scattered all around the city because they take more fees than the online peer to peer exchange platforms, I really think that ATM bitcoin machine are kind of too early to actually start using them because there is still many people who don’t actually use bitcoin in their business as a payment method.

There are some people who want to use the bitcoin payments easy and easy (atm bitcoin) now began to circulate in the online world but we don't know if it is safe, reliable in use due to certain expenses must be used while initially with free of charge. therefore I still doubt the existence of an atm for bitcoin. because many people would rather look for secure payment tool for bitcon
Activity: 672
Cool. if the tool has been spread across several countries, maybe it will be easier for people to buy bitcoin. Well, it probably would make the transaction more than ever before. but, I think bitcoin users in the world, the need for tools, because I think it is a cool tool that investment in a large market.
The ATM system in regards to bitcoin maybe is the best thing that can be made all over the countries. Because through this it will make transaction all over the world fast and reliable. It may do transaction on daily basis also. In my country there is no direct atm on bitcoin but there is a kind of wallet that let you used/spend bitcoin on a banking system through sending and transaction indirect to your atm or bank.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
That was awesome and very easy to use, well you would actually need a smartphone though to make a transaction and maybe a lot of non smartphone users or the outdated ones can not use that which is particularly is a lot in my country! but I would love to have it here and I think it will take up knowledge and wits in using it that is why your video is helpful thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
Activity: 112
Merit: 72
Ive personally tried bitcoin atm , It is quite good in buying dome bitcoins in bitcoin atm. It only took me 5 mins in order to finish my transactions. The disadvantage I see is the fee , it is quite large for me as a buyer. Ive never tried converting my bitcoin into local currency with atm machine for some reasons.

its quite good to hear your able to use bitcoin atm,i guess in your country bitcoin ATMs available,but unfortunately in my country bitcoin ATMs are not available.optionaly we can buy bitcoin debut cards and able to use in normal ATMs in any country

What country? Here in East Europe we can buy bitcoin at supermarkets, hospitals etc, where you have other options as buying WOT credits or pay the bills.

Great news, I just learned it when use of the bitcoin in Eastern Europe could be in supermarkets, hospitals and so on. Surely this can give you the guarantee of the future of the bitcoin so I feel optimistic with the bitcoin.

In my country there is like one BTC ATM every 1km or so.. they're really near even from my home, and that's great. What I don't like is that you lose quite a lot of money because of the live exchange rate, which is with like 5% over the normal (Preev) price.. and for a $1200 coin, 5% is A LOT.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
There's a new Bitcoin ATM in the mall down the block from me, so I went over and checked it out.

Very nice and informative video, thanks OP! I have no bitcoin ATMs around where I live so it's always nice to see that somewhere they exist.

In the past I encountered posts where people were complaining about high fees Bitcoin ATMs charge for the usage, but I don't think people would complain about this one. OP purchased 0.011 BTC for 20 CAD and then sold 0.01277 BTC for 20 CAD. We have less than 14% difference here between BUY and SELL, and I've heard about ATMs where such difference is over 20%.
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
Ive personally tried bitcoin atm , It is quite good in buying dome bitcoins in bitcoin atm. It only took me 5 mins in order to finish my transactions. The disadvantage I see is the fee , it is quite large for me as a buyer. Ive never tried converting my bitcoin into local currency with atm machine for some reasons.

its quite good to hear your able to use bitcoin atm,i guess in your country bitcoin ATMs available,but unfortunately in my country bitcoin ATMs are not available.optionaly we can buy bitcoin debut cards and able to use in normal ATMs in any country

What country? Here in East Europe we can buy bitcoin at supermarkets, hospitals etc, where you have other options as buying WOT credits or pay the bills.

Great news, I just learned it when use of the bitcoin in Eastern Europe could be in supermarkets, hospitals and so on. Surely this can give you the guarantee of the future of the bitcoin so I feel optimistic with the bitcoin.
Activity: 617
Merit: 500
There is also a btc atm machine in basel\swiss !
Went there a couple of weeks ago to pay out some of my bitcoins...works just fine!
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Where is that exactly?
How does it work, can you withdraw your bitcoin funds from that ATM machine or you just have to buy bitcoin using that machine.
Sorry for the noob question.

I hope other countries start to recognize and adopt bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Good to see that there is already one bitcoin atm machine at your place,hope that will reach here in philippines too.But one thing i only notice on that machine which make me think more why rates at buying bitcoins are so high? and rates at selling bitcoins are too low?I know how trade market goes but this one makes huge difference on buy and sell price compared to markets online
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

Honestly we should have more of you, sir Ben Perrin! Grin

Just really awesome to see someone who doesn't talk about all the code that is behind bitcoin.

I think that the Bitcoin ATM is cool, but not really that great for someone that lives in a rural area and doesn't have access to a bitcoin ATM straightaway as they would have to drive hours to get to that ATM anyways.

And most countries doesn't even have a bitcoin ATM.

But you're lucky that you do, so enjoy that priviledge  Wink

And keep up your videos! They are amazing.
Activity: 322
Sometimes, I really find it difficult to understand the basis of this bitcoin ATM or how they are intending to encourage users of such facilities maybe they have beclouded by the idea of desperation in the case of fiat where you can just go ahead and get it no matter the fee. Every issue of ATM I have seen, you buy at extremely high price even thinking that one has no option than to buy and for those intending to sell, the ATM buys at low price compared to what is obtainable in the market. If its in my country, I will just pass.
Pages:
Jump to: