Pages:
Author

Topic: Trying to share wisdom - page 3. (Read 483 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 14, 2020, 03:31:31 AM
When we say P2P, it doesn't automatically mean that it's decentralized. Many of us are still confused with this.
I think it's a matter of preference. Some traders probably refers decentralized when they don't have to store KYC and stuff like that when they use the platform. It's not entirely wrong imo, as long as both parties understand what they're trying to do.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
September 14, 2020, 01:07:36 AM
How about another good option which is https://hodlhodl.com/?
It is a platform where users can buy peer to peer but this is not truly decentralized. The servers running hodlhodl.com and LBC are controlled by some few individuals which makes it centralized. Bisq, on the other hand, doesn't run on centralized server as explained by o_e_l_e_o.

When we say P2P, it doesn't automatically mean that it's decentralized. Many of us are still confused with this.

Eisenhower34, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the current market and bitcoin adoption. Compare to your past experiences if possible.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
September 14, 2020, 01:04:14 AM
I've taken a break for a few years here since going hard trading Bitcoin peer-to-peer. I'm just now coming back and going to get back to spreading the good word and I'm looking to start networking again.
It should be you who give us a little experience, tricks, tips that you have learned over the years, We are very happy if you share the story from the beginning so that you can successfully trade Bitcoin in a peer-to-peer way, as you tell today.

Not the other way around, we are here as you can see, only providing information about crypto/Bitcoin in this forum, but it's different from you.
You have real experience in trading, we should hear your story, not our story you want to hear. I think that's better.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
September 13, 2020, 10:31:44 PM
If anyone is interested in sharing tricks, tips, or any kind of advice when it comes to the Bitcoin lifestyle, feel free to reach out via DM. I've transacted well over millions of dollars to direct individuals using all forms of payments over the years. I've lived, learned, and even lost. Let's share stories and laugh, time to catch up!
The funnt story is when youre gone a lot of new tech and project emerged aside from bitcoin, and guess what it is now the time of defi and yield farming shit. A lot of scam new projects are lurking on the market. Its look like you need to catch up on this, but better stay on legit one like bitcoin.

Welcome back again.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 13, 2020, 07:01:17 PM
[snip]

How about another good option which is https://hodlhodl.com/?

Welcome back @Eisenhower34 trading is not as it used to be, LBC or Paxful for once has implemented KYC already, so just bear that in mind. But there are ways to still hide your privacy like using mixers, wasabi and conjoin. Best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
September 13, 2020, 02:36:26 PM
From your other post, looks like you are largely interested in privacy and real decentralized exchanges?

If that's the case, then I would thoroughly recommend Bisq as a place to get started trading with other users again. You download and run the software (open source, obviously) on your own machine, and it connects to other users in a peer-to-peer manner over Tor. Bitcoin trades are made via a timelocked 2-of-2 multi-sig escrow between buyer and seller. There are still centralized "arbitrators" who can step in for conflict resolution in rare cases, but I've never had to use them before. Their wiki is a good place to learn more: https://bisq.wiki/Main_Page

Zero KYC and zero centralized wallets. It's the closest thing to completely peer-to-peer trading that isn't a direct trade with a friend.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
September 13, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
If anyone is interested in sharing tricks, tips, or any kind of advice when it comes to the Bitcoin lifestyle, feel free to reach out via DM.

Not sure if you're doing this already, but if you want a Bitcoin lifestyle, you might want to give attention to your privacy by doing things such as mixing and/or CoinJoining your coins through services like WasabiWallet and ChipMixer. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Privacy

I suggest moving this topic to the Bitcoin Discussion section though, as it's probably more fitting there.
legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 1002
September 13, 2020, 11:50:28 AM
Hey guys,

I've taken a break for a few years here since going hard trading Bitcoin peer-to-peer. I'm just now coming back and going to get back to spreading the good word and I'm looking to start networking again.

If anyone is interested in sharing tricks, tips, or any kind of advice when it comes to the Bitcoin lifestyle, feel free to reach out via DM. I've transacted well over millions of dollars to direct individuals using all forms of payments over the years. I've lived, learned, and even lost. Let's share stories and laugh, time to catch up!
Pages:
Jump to: