Pages:
Author

Topic: Trying to stop using Shampoo - page 2. (Read 2710 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 13, 2015, 07:31:40 PM
I got stucked when use pantene shampoo last year " now i am paying" for it,

May hair get static Sad FUCK IT I cant even concentrate on any thing for a long time...............
:l that's freaking sick getting a detox from a shampoo prescription..
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Get Amazon Best Deals @ https://goo.gl/JE38kC
February 12, 2015, 06:04:42 AM
I got stucked when use pantene shampoo last year " now i am paying" for it,

May hair get static Sad FUCK IT I cant even concentrate on any thing for a long time...............
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
February 09, 2015, 09:43:30 PM
i've been poo free for a whole year!!!
February 09, 2015, 08:46:17 PM
I don't think the benefits of not using shampoo come close to the benefits of using shampoo.
Can you tell me the benefits of using it? Thing is I don't know anyone not using it, and I've used it all my life, feels like a thing you use just because you are born into using it.
Googled around a bit and found 2 links saying that shampoo isn't necessary;

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/whatsgoodforyou/factsheets/798250/do-we-really-need-shampoo
http://thehairpin.com/2014/01/three-years-without-shampoo
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 09, 2015, 05:50:45 PM
I don't think the benefits of not using shampoo come close to the benefits of using shampoo.
February 09, 2015, 04:35:38 PM
I can't stop using shampoo because of my dandruff.
Is that the thing where your hair bottom can make it snow? Wink
Activity: 206
February 09, 2015, 04:30:42 PM
I can't stop using shampoo because of my dandruff.
February 09, 2015, 03:21:33 PM
I've used shampoo every day. My head has not melted. Ok continue on...
I haven't stated that your head would mealt but if it goes through 5 waterproof plastic bags how healthy can it really be for your hair/scalp?

Well I was obviously exaggerating when I said my head has not melted yet.

But to be more serious, this "test" that you conducted is an extremely poor indicator whether shampoo is good for your hair or not. Do you realize your head is not made of plastic? Hair is made of keratin, while plastic is a polymer. Completely different substances, therefore reacts differently to certain chemical compositions.

If shampoo is as toxic as you make it out to be, then it wouldn't even hit the shelves of stores because of FDA regulations.
It was more of an eye-opener for me. I know it wont melt my head, and I am not going to start doing this soley on the fact that it's melted through plastic - it's more because I believe that your hair doesn't need it and will be healthier without it (I am starting to go bold, it runs in my family and my hair falls off everytime I rough it around).

Regarding the FDA regulations that thing is a big joke. As long as they put down what's in the item you consume it's fine (aspartame is a good example of this, for decades people have known it's dangerous and can cause cancer among other things, yet it's still in pretty much every sugar free product).
Activity: 532
February 09, 2015, 02:56:16 AM
i am watch my head via shampoo every day
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
February 09, 2015, 02:47:30 AM
I haven't stated that your head would mealt but if it goes through 5 waterproof plastic bags how healthy can it really be for your hair/scalp?

Well I was obviously exaggerating when I said my head has not melted yet.

But to be more serious, this "test" that you conducted is an extremely poor indicator whether shampoo is good for your hair or not. Do you realize your head is not made of plastic? Hair is made of keratin, while plastic is a polymer. Completely different substances, therefore reacts differently to certain chemical compositions.

If shampoo is as toxic as you make it out to be, then it wouldn't even hit the shelves of stores because of FDA regulations.
February 08, 2015, 09:58:31 PM
You do realise that shampoo is designed to dissolve oil-based compounds (of which plastic is one example), right? That's how it cleans your hair. At the risk of stating the obvious, neither your hair nor your scalp is made of plastic. Shampoo is not very acidic, either. Why would it be? Strong acids are generally not very good at dissolving oil. They do damage your skin, of course, which is why I am puzzled by the people who eschew shampoo in favour of vinegar, which is about 1,000 times more acidic. Must be the old "if it's natural it must be harmless" logic.
I had actually no idea that it was designed for that. Thanks for the first informative post in this thread Smiley
I am still going to stop trying to use it, (or maybe use it once every month) but the way my hair is addicted to it now is just insane.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
February 08, 2015, 09:50:51 PM
You do realise that shampoo is designed to dissolve oil-based compounds (of which plastic is one example), right? That's how it cleans your hair. At the risk of stating the obvious, neither your hair nor your scalp is made of plastic. Shampoo is not very acidic, either. Why would it be? Strong acids are generally not very good at dissolving oil. They do damage your skin, of course, which is why I am puzzled by the people who eschew shampoo in favour of vinegar, which is about 1,000 times more acidic. Must be the old "if it's natural it must be harmless" logic.
February 08, 2015, 09:40:34 PM
A teacher once at school said that you never have to wash your hair it takes care of itself.

LOL. This is really funny. Try it and see how greasy, dirty, and dandruff ridden your head gets. You might even get some vermin living on top. Yuck.

Natural soap like castile makes good shampoo. Lots of recipes on the net.

And baby shampoo is mild.
This. I tried going no poo and it was bad.
Actually my best results are with ketoconazole shampoo, which is not considered mild.
Can you tell me in which way it was bad? Did you just stop using it or did you use less and less of it to eventually quit?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
February 08, 2015, 09:39:21 PM
A teacher once at school said that you never have to wash your hair it takes care of itself.

LOL. This is really funny. Try it and see how greasy, dirty, and dandruff ridden your head gets. You might even get some vermin living on top. Yuck.

This. I tried going no poo and it was bad.
Actually my best results are with ketoconazole shampoo, which is not considered mild.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
February 08, 2015, 09:19:09 PM
This shit is like when people put coke on raw beef and let it sit for like  a few months then freak out cause there are maggots. OH NO!
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
February 08, 2015, 09:07:26 PM

Activity: 192
You are what you eat. PIZZA!
February 08, 2015, 09:07:01 PM
The shampoo is like acid  Shocked coming from someone who was on acid?

Once or twice a week is good enough brings out the natural oils, i tend to do it when i change my underwear.
February 08, 2015, 09:04:30 PM
I heard that washing hair daily is bad but i wouldn't go as far as to compare shampoo to acid Cheesy
I'm washing my hair 2-3 times a week and it's enough. Never had any problems with shampoos.
I said it's a BIT like washing your hair with acid, can you read between the lines? Anything that melts through that fast can't be good for you, just saying.
February 08, 2015, 09:01:52 PM
February 08, 2015, 09:01:04 PM
A teacher told me the same thing, and I am already starting to notice a difference as I said in my OP. Shampoo really isn't necessary at all, but the companies wants to make an easy buck hence it exists.
Pages:
Jump to: