Pages:
Author

Topic: Tsu, the facebook alternative to add Bitcoin ? - page 2. (Read 1889 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
It would be interesting if TSU accepted bitcoin as a way to reward  their  users.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
I think it would be very difficult. you not only can show the opportunities, but you also have to be able to see the market statistics
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
Déjà vu.

There was/is another social network with a participatory model 2-3 years ago that allowed users to own shares of that network. I don't remember its name (something with Z...?), I don't find it anymore.  Huh

They were also asked to integrate Bitcoin and embraced it enthusiastically at first. Then they ditched it (allegedly because users complained that everybody knew that Bitcoin was a scam and was unfair and unevenly distributed), and they figured they can just create their own (centralized) digital coin (with blackjack and hookers!).

Apparently that went so well that they have by now become the uncontested market leader.  Lips sealed

Long moral of the story short: Forget about such centralized social networks. We need a distributed, decentralized social network.

I use Diaspora* and RedMatrix/Friendica but they're not quite there yet to gain mass adoption. It seems to me that the biggest obstacle are some of the technical implications of decentralization implemented upon the old webserver/-client model that users just don't understand. Also there are scalability problems (store all data on all pods/hubs? that becomes too expensive for the admins. or only some data? if so, which, and how, if users perform searches?) So it seems we need a network that works more in a more P2P fashion with the back-end talking to a common but distributed, redundant but de-duplicated storage layer (see storj, maidsafe).
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
well i idid not know about tsu, never hear about it, but what im 100% sure is that to spread the word of the bitcoin is always a good idea, through tsu or in any other way.

so from my point of view, if they start to do it, it will help.

But I know that the time spent there is wasted time for me. At least so was all my time spent there.

haha i know how you feel, i dont like so much the social networks too, but you know, there is lot of people who use it, so...

It is true. Every tool used to spread bitcoin or can be used to spread bitcoin is a good thing for it and for us which like it. But i can assure you that with tsu will change nothing. I think that every user in tsu, after 2-3 days on it will leave it. So no one will be able to have some bitcoin and to learn more about it.

As for the using of social networks you are right. I have my doughtier and my wife which passe to many time on those. With their friends. Strange desire for me but them like this. I cannot make nothing except to agree with this in vain theirs desire.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
OP, well done on making that suggestion. Although regulations could be the biggest hurdle for them in implementing BTC. They're based in NYC, that makes it even harder (not sure what's the final outcome of all that Lawsky's licence etc).

The best they could probably do atm is to provide BTC as an alternative payment option for content creators.

If they were to allow tipping and integrated micropayments, they could fall under KYC/AML requirements. But I may be wrong here (I hope I am).

Nice idea, i ever heard about this site(but not join yet), indeed this social network is interesting, it will be great if they adopt cryptocurrency. it's need have an invitation for join?

As per first post, just enter 'superresistant' as existing user's short code.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I just stopped using facebook a week ago and distanced myself from these social media sites, but still I can see people everyday holding their phones and hear those chat sounds almost everywhere! It's crazy, but the fact is people are still hooked up with the charm of fb, and I think tsu or any other social media sites would replace Facebook in the top spot for the years to come.

And you know what makes me crazy ? The fact that all these people hooked on Facebook on their phone connected to the Internet are the ones that laugh at geeks, technology and innovation.

It remind me of Bill Gates in 1995 talking about Internet. Look at all these people laughing at his face :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lz6IQX7uDk4#t=155

Nice idea, i ever heard about this site(but not join yet), indeed this social network is interesting, it will be great if they adopt cryptocurrency.

It would be awesome indeed.

it's need have an invitation for join?

Yes but I cannot put any link because it would be a referral and mods get crazy about it.
I can give you my nickname though : superresistant
Add it at the end of Tsu URL and see what happen : https://www.tsu.co/(add my nickname here)
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
What we need to do is get Facebook to implement a Changetip so the users can tip on the top of liking. That would be an awesome feature for Facebook and I don't even want to say what this would do to Bitcoin.

I know this is impossible to imagine to be done at the moment. Maybe if we would implement it in Tsu first so they can see the benefits, the Facebook people!

Just thinking out loud here!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Well fb still has the most users, even between 18-24.

because it was the first on its own way, and the other are kind a clone, a bit like bitcoin

i doubt facebook will be dethroned ever, there must be a way to use bitcoin with facebook in the future, would help a lot for adoption
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
Interesting, might actually make a dent if they become the first social network to add btc support
legendary
Activity: 1106
Nice idea, i ever heard about this site(but not join yet), indeed this social network is interesting, it will be great if they adopt cryptocurrency. it's need have an invitation for join?

Well for who want to know more about this site https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsu_(social_network)
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
They sound like a great team as compared to Mark Zuckerberg's. Unfortunately and as always, network effect is a massive player and it might play a role way too big to make people move from Facebook to Tsu. Facebook is just a household name. Sure, even titans can fall like MySpace, but for now, I think Facebook will remain the #1 social media site.

I just stopped using facebook a week ago and distanced myself from these social media sites, but still I can see people everyday holding their phones and hear those chat sounds almost everywhere! It's crazy, but the fact is people are still hooked up with the charm of fb, and I think tsu or any other social media sites would replace Facebook in the top spot for the years to come.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
They sound like a great team as compared to Mark Zuckerberg's. Unfortunately and as always, network effect is a massive player and it might play a role way too big to make people move from Facebook to Tsu. Facebook is just a household name. Sure, even titans can fall like MySpace, but for now, I think Facebook will remain the #1 social media site.
Activity: 868
I don't think FB will add BTC, also since the winklevii are pretty successfull in the bitcoin space, so there is some tention there. I checked tsu out about a year ago and didn't really understand it, you had to build a large amount of followers and get them to comment and like your stuff or something to earn something.

One thing i know for sure is that Bitcoin and social media is the future.
legendary
Activity: 1134

I think that tsu will be never able to reach not the activity of Facebook but even 1/1000 of its activity, revenue and users. And this figure is overestimated. Facebook is out and to away of every kind of concurrence in its field of work.
Activity: 456
legendary
While I like the idea, its certainly not new[1]. I dont think facebook will be their problem. Facebook is too old and not very popular among the younger demographics. IIRC it should have hit its peak already. It will go down and be replaced like it replaced MySpace.
Ill have a look at, feel free to send me a ref link via PM. Is it something new though or "just another facebook"? I dont think the payment for content alone will make them. They need something else.
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaron_Lanier#Who_Owns_the_Future_.282013.29
Are u kidding me? it has more 'younger' users than whatsapp which is pretty much the second popular social platform.

Here's a breakdown of how eMarketer predicts market share will change for different U.S. demographics for the top social nets over 2015 and 2016.

[Update: The number of total social network users in 2015 below should be 179.7 million including users under the age of 18. All other total figures include this demographic.]

Activity: 456
While I like the idea, its certainly not new[1]. I dont think facebook will be their problem. Facebook is too old and not very popular among the younger demographics. IIRC it should have hit its peak already. It will go down and be replaced like it replaced MySpace.

Ill have a look at, feel free to send me a ref link via PM. Is it something new though or "just another facebook"? I dont think the payment for content alone will make them. They need something else.

Are u kidding me? it has more 'younger' users than whatsapp which is pretty much the second popular social platform.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.

legendary
I am member of tsu and I can tell that is not gold everything which shine. I was active there for a limited period of time an had some activity. I haven't see any cent from those. Maybe I have not made the right activity or maybe my activity was not enough that me earn money; I don't know this. But I know that the time spent there is wasted time for me. At least so was all my time spent there.
If those will paid in bitcoin this can be a good thing. But if they will not give satoshi for being and having activity there (as it is promised) this is not a good thing.
I am a member of Tsu, and up until now I can't fully understand how sharing posts and liking some content would net me something in return. Afaik, they once integrated bitcoin to their system, back when I'm still a newb in bitcoin.

I just discovered this website but I was expecting that the average user would not make any money, exactly like the average user of YouTube.
If I compare with Facebook, the value of each user is about 141 USD. Source. But that is an average.

A lot of people earn their life with a YouTube channel. It should be possible to do the same with social network like facebook.
As I said, not everyone would make a living, only some people.
One could combine a YouTube chanel + a Tsu page.
Everyone should be allowed to transfer money and tip. It is probably the absence of easy tipping system that stop people from making money.

well i idid not know about tsu, never hear about it, but what im 100% sure is that to spread the word of the bitcoin is always a good idea, through tsu or in any other way.

Agree.

And you OP must remove your referral link from your main post. I had a 10 days ban only for posting a such link.
i just notice that, you are in truth, he should remove it.

Done.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

But I know that the time spent there is wasted time for me. At least so was all my time spent there.

haha i know how you feel, i dont like so much the social networks too, but you know, there is lot of people who use it, so...

And you OP must remove your referral link from your main post. I had a 10 days ban only for posting a such link.

i just notice that, you are in truth, he should remove it.
Pages:
Jump to: