Pages:
Author

Topic: Turkish Residents Flock to Bitcoin During Military Coup - page 2. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Is there any hard local data to show that turks are actually buying BTC right now? it seems to me that everytime a crisis happens, folks talk a lot about a swing to BTC without necessarily showing supporting data.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
I think they are doing the same, as from that day we are seeing that the price of bitcoin increases, it means the demand has increased and so the value will also increase much more, but still they will worry about the price and will have the fear of volatility.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
I wonder if the Turkish people found it easy to buy bitcoins. I could imagine how hard it would be for a newcomer and there's also a trust issue with them when introduced to something new. The proper infrastructure to get bitcoins is not there yet for ordinary people to get into it. So I guess the more tech savvy individuals were the ones who bought. So it's not really that much.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
The Turkish government is currently rounding up members of the groups that launched a military coup in recent days. During the coup, citizens ran to their banks and local ATMs to get their wealth out of the system as Turkey’s currency dropped significantly in value.

BTC Supporters Tell Turkish Citizens to Turn to Cryptocurrency

As usual, many Bitcoiners believe residents living in Turkey should look to bitcoin to preserve their wealth. The Turkish Lira’s value has suffered as the military coup stirred fear throughout the country. With the civil unrest unfolding, media publications such as Seeking Alpha are reporting about bitcoin being used as a financial safe haven.

https://news.bitcoin.com/turkish-bitcoin-military-coup/
Pages:
Jump to: