Pages:
Author

Topic: [TUTORIAL] Less than one minute to make your hat (or other avatar) look better!! - page 2. (Read 568 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611
I see that many of ranked member use custom hats as their avatars especially seen on “Wall Observer” thread. They look quite nice if background of the post has the same color as the background of avatar. While they are displayed on other color hats look… still not bad but... a little bit worse ;-)

Of course it’s only my opinion but if you also like more the second one you can change your avatar in less than one minute… Probably many of you know that it could be done very easily but for those who don’t I made this short tutorial:
I used free GIMP software to prepare it which you can find here: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

First step: Open your avatar image in gimp software

Second step: Go to the Layers – Brushes tab and click right mouse button on the image name or image miniature and select „Add Alpha Channel” just like on the image below (If this option is not active - it means that Alpha Channel is already added so you can go to the third step):

Third step: Go to the Toolbox tab select „Fuzzy Select Tool” and click left mouse button on the image – on the background you will see that your hat (or other avatar) has been selected like on the image:

Fourth step:  Now you can just press delete on the keyboard (@Foxpup thanks for making it even easier) and go to fifth step, or you can delete background manually by selecting „Eraser Tool” from the Toolbox and than with eraser clean whole background around the hat (or other avatar) like on the image:

Fifth step: Now all you have to do is to save this image to the file: Go to File menu → Export As than choose from Select File Type „PNG image” and press „Export” button. Than you’ll see another window you have to be sure that checkbox near „Save color values from transparent pixels” is checked if so press „Export”  button.

THAT’S IT!

If you don't see the change after uploading new avatar you can clear your cache. Sometimes it takes few hour to see the change especially if your previous avatar was also *.png file...
Pages:
Jump to: