Pages:
Author

Topic: [TUTORIAL] Solo Mining Litecoins Guide--Windows! - page 4. (Read 306103 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
So what are the odds of actually finding a block with ~2MH/s hashrate? Cheesy
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
How much are you making mining solo? Anyone? Screenshot ?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Crypto-ideologist
i have problems at step 6

everything worked fine except when i tried to open scryptminergui.

it apper a black window for half second and suddendly disappear
where is the prob?
(sorry i'm noob)
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Indeed this is a nice guide!

@coveredbeetle11772 If you don't mind my asking what is the hashing power of your rig?

The difficulty rose quite heavy. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to go for solo mining.
Activity: 12
 Thanks for making this tutorial it really helped me, now I got my rig up and mining.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
is this guide only for reaper? i'm usig cgminer right now

If you are using cgminer, try doing the --scrypt option.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
is this guide only for reaper? i'm usig cgminer right now
legendary
my port is 9327, if i address the standard port, the thing does not work, because it show mining bitcoin
remove "mine bitcoin" from reaper.conf Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
my port is 9327, if i address the standard port, the thing does not work, because it show mining bitcoin
Activity: 47
Hello, I used this to Get success on one of my rigs.

now i want my other rig to use the wallet on the first rig, i cant however get it to connect at all.

Using windows 7.

i have allowed the ip of the second rig in the litecoin config file. /users/7970/app./roaming/litecoin ........ but i cant seem to get it to work.

any ideas at all?

or will it make no difference and i could just point the new rig towards itself like the first one is doing so far and just solo mine with two separate wallets???

litecoin.conf

rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=10.0.1.2
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

cgminer is set up like

-o 10.0.1.27:9332 -u xxx -p xxx

Activity: 282
hi Vorksholk, thanks for your answers. i have another question if you dont mind.

i need cgminer automatically send me a logfile or output in .txt that state the current:
1. average Mh/s
2. need the current Mh/s for each GPU
3. Accepted, Rejected share

i was hoping to create this output every 3hrs or 6hrs.

is this possible? if so, can u pls help me how to do it? im not a coder, but so far i can use .bat to run the scrypted cgminer.

thank you.
legendary
Certainly, just point them to the same wallet computer Smiley
and are they automatically working together efficiently? what i mean by efficient is that they arent going to solve the crypto that the other machines already inputted?
say i have 4 machines (1 machine have 3x7950?), and all of them know each other crypto that they tried?? #1 tried aaa, and #2 bbb , and #3 is ccc, therefore #4 wont solve aaa/bbb/ccc rite? it will solve abc or ddd or cba Huh

Basically, the wallet will send different work to each miner.
and are they automatically working together efficiently? what i mean by efficient is that they arent going to solve the crypto that the other machines already inputted?
say i have 4 machines (1 machine have 3x7950?), and all of them know each other crypto that they tried?? #1 tried aaa, and #2 bbb , and #3 is ccc, therefore #4 wont solve aaa/bbb/ccc rite? it will solve abc or ddd or cba Huh

legendary

thanks for the tutorial, Vorksholk.

i have a question. im planning to try dedicate 3 rigs to Solo mining (1 rig = 3x7950)
Can they be combine to and working together as One solo mining? All of them are working together to solve 1 block? So all the 9x7939 (3rigs of 3x7950) that are doing 4500 Kh/s are working together, is this possible?

how to merge them together to work simultaneously for solo mining?

thanks~
thanks for the tutorial, Vorksholk.

i have a question. im planning to try dedicate 3 rigs to Solo mining (1 rig = 3x7950)
Can they be combine to and working together as One solo mining? All of them are working together to solve 1 block? So all the 9x7939 (3rigs of 3x7950) that are doing 4500 Kh/s are working together, is this possible?

how to merge them together to work simultaneously for solo mining?

thanks~
Activity: 46
Looks like reaper is using sha256 instead of scrypt. I'm not quite sure how to set it in reaper, but with CGminer you would append the --scrypt parameter.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Thanks a lot Vorksholk for this guide.
I'm desperately trying to solve this issues, could someone help me?

1. I followed all instructions carefully and all seems to work well using reaper.
But I get very big hash rate on a low-end card. I have a Radeon 4650, and i get at least 3 mH/s, sometimes up to 14 mH/s. That seems suspicious, seeing that I haven't found any block yet after running it for like 24 hours.

2. I get too many of those 'Getwork took # seconds' messages! It's like every 10 seconds I get one of them, and the hashrate freezes just before one of them get outputted.

3. To set this up for Feathercoin, is it the same steps? Do I leave the 'protocol litecoin' in the conf file unchanged?

Anyway, thanks again for the guide  Smiley
Activity: 45
Fixed my problem. Downloaded another version of the reaper+added "device 0" just before "mine litecoin" otherwise it seems to be using the CPU insted of GPU.

Activity: 45
Cant get solo mining to work:(

have tried to change things around about 100 times in the config file..

Litecoin.conf in the roaming/litecoin folder:
Code:
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Reaper folder: