Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial]How to monitor multiple addresses without Insert seed and key - page 2. (Read 263 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
adding master public key will give you a trusted way to generate a new address without need to include your wallet seed,
It is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to create more addresses without risking losing money.
I did not know that you can add different addresses and monitor them. Is it possible to add an address to a wallet that I do not own, meaning adding any address that I would like to monitor and the wallet will show me the total balance?
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
~

Looks like proposed method would threaten the privacy of those who check their addresses if Electrum is connected to a public server. Would you recommend using ElectrumX or a similar personal server to ensure the preservation of privacy.

P.S. I use Sparrow connected to my bitcoin node thus  my addresses&balances  can be viewed  at any time.
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
If I am not wrong, you can also keep a track of these wallets without installing any software and also without worrying about any OS using Blockchain Explorers.
I see it's a watch-only as you have not provided the key, so that's what you could do on https://www.blockchain.com/explorer or any other Blockchain Explorer without worrying about anything.
Works well on Android and iOS too.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
People are using HD wallets now, it would have been better if it is used for the explanation with the use of master public key, but also including the use of addresses import.

There are three other wallets that I know that are supporting watch-only. They are Sparrow, Bluewallet and Sentinel by Samourai wallet. On mobile, Bluewallet or Sentinel can also be used.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
I want to add that if you have a HD wallet, you don't have to enter your addresses one by one when creating the watch-only wallet. Instead, you can import your master public key.

To see your master public key, click on "Wallet" at top of the window and select "Information".
To import your master public key, select "Standard wallet" and then "Use a master key" when creating a new wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1024
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
[That is called watch only wallet on Electrum]

I observed here, and see a lot of beginners still don't know how to monitor their multiple Bitcoin addresses without inserting their mnemonic seed and private key on their wallet.

all this time, if the beginner wants to see if the address received his bitcoin, they will open the wallet with the seed or private key inserted wallet which I think is indirectly dangerous if the beginner doesn't really understand the virus, malware, and any kind of spyware on his PC.

I know it's really safe if want to access the wallet directly with a key on clean PC, but I think no harm in avoiding it, right?

So, in this case, you already installed the Electrum wallet on your PC and opened it.
In section create a new wallet, select Import Bitcoin Address and Private key, and just import as much as you want, but if you want to import multiple address, you can use the methods below:

the address below is just an example I take on Random Explorer, so don't focus on the balance

The picture above is still on sync progress, so the balance has not yet appeared completely

*just simple like that. if you want to monitor it on Android, the way is almost the same as the step above.
Pages:
Jump to: