Pages:
Author

Topic: Two critical issues: liquidity and volatility - page 2. (Read 231 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 100
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
Most people seem to forget that it is pretty easy to make it look like your ico sold a lot. While in reality you just sold to yourself.
Activity: 49
Merit: 2
For those of you who know more about stablecoin. With a state of the problem that can be said to be very bad.
This has become one of the risks to the digital business. Keep an eye on every progress, so you can make more profit.
Hopefully today there will be many developments and price increases for ETH. PATIENT
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
«That’s what’s happening to today’s ICOs. They are raising an eye-watering amount of funds (over 1 billion in 2018 alone), but once the funds are in their wallet, it’s incredibly hard to use them in a practical way.

Here are the two critical issues: liquidity and volatility. The former breaks down like this, I raise $1 million in ETH but I can’t use it to pay my rent. The latter, I raise $1 million in ETH but its value could drop drastically in the same afternoon. Now I’m asking myself….»

Read full post: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/what-can-icos-learn-from-the-electrification-of-cars-326ee5a63139

I think it is not about the ICO's itself but it is about yourself or myself. We are responsible for those heavy pumps that ICO get when they are doing the fund raising. Yes it is eye watering when you see ICO making millions of dollars until their CEO sips the coffee at his desk. Once the money is in then they go party hard like its last of their life and they forget about the whitepaper that they have made or sometimes I feel like they just forget about the projects that they are been working on. Isnt that is ridiculous thing that happens all the time in the crypto currencies.

However your concept does look nice after seeing that how Tether have made the opportunity for themselves by creating something great that can overcome the problems of stability or dependently volatility itself. I think thats useful but it seems that USDT is also falling down many times and you can not really make it stable, thats what the rule of decentralisation is.
Activity: 322
Merit: 111
Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings
Until Tether can prove themselves and these other ones can provide audits as to the amount they have behind, I won't believe in stablecoins. Another one just came out recently too called Haaven, but again I am on the fence yet.
Activity: 160
Merit: 12
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
For stablecoins to be used in ICOs (I agree they would be better) they need to be deployable on a smart contract and as far as I am aware there are none yet that do this. Will GC be the first?
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
«That’s what’s happening to today’s ICOs. They are raising an eye-watering amount of funds (over 1 billion in 2018 alone), but once the funds are in their wallet, it’s incredibly hard to use them in a practical way.

Here are the two critical issues: liquidity and volatility. The former breaks down like this, I raise $1 million in ETH but I can’t use it to pay my rent. The latter, I raise $1 million in ETH but its value could drop drastically in the same afternoon. Now I’m asking myself….»

Read full post: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/what-can-icos-learn-from-the-electrification-of-cars-326ee5a63139
Pages:
Jump to: