Pages:
Author

Topic: Types of Exchanges we know - page 2. (Read 483 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 08:40:42 AM
Reverse exchanges areverse exchange is a strategy that allows you to preserve your ability to take advantage of a 1031 exchange when, for whatever reason, you must take title to the replacement property before conveying title of the relinquished property to a buyer.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
February 13, 2018, 08:30:08 AM
Thanks man, that's quite a nice post and I got to know a lot of different types of exchanges that I wasn't aware. I'm afraid that in practice, we are quite limited to the second type of exchanges you described (the centralized ones). I would like to use decentralized exchanges, since they would be a great way to avoid regulations fud, since they would be quite hard to shutdown (although like you said you can't trade fiat on them). The problem is that they lad to much right now.

I think it would be great if you added some examples of exchanges to your post. I don't know many decentralized exchanges, so it would be a great way of getting to know some more.

Kindly advise, can I (due to the forum policy) put ref links to the examples I will find good? Huh

I don't know if your thread would qualify for that, I think you need to improve the design a bit for that.
In any case, you'd have to ask one of the moderators if you're allowed to do that.

Don't add them before you've gotten permission though.
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
February 13, 2018, 07:12:20 AM
Kindly vote https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.30196846
to choose the most influencing parameters for you when choosing the Exchange.
Merit: 15
February 13, 2018, 06:53:37 AM
I usually use the first way to trade in the market because it's safe. You also understand that transactions in this market are not managed so if you are cheated or stolen then you can not get it back. So I usually through broker to make transactions for my property, a little transaction fee is acceptable so I feel safe for my property.

Could you please inform what commission you'r paying to your broker?
Are you actually buying crypto via that broker or "make a bet" cause the last case relates to the type #5.

In London, the commisions of such brokers can vary from 1 to 3%
February 12, 2018, 08:51:04 AM
Thanks man, that's quite a nice post and I got to know a lot of different types of exchanges that I wasn't aware. I'm afraid that in practice, we are quite limited to the second type of exchanges you described (the centralized ones). I would like to use decentralized exchanges, since they would be a great way to avoid regulations fud, since they would be quite hard to shutdown (although like you said you can't trade fiat on them). The problem is that they lad to much right now.

I think it would be great if you added some examples of exchanges to your post. I don't know many decentralized exchanges, so it would be a great way of getting to know some more.

Kindly advise, can I (due to the forum policy) put ref links to the examples I will find good? Huh
February 12, 2018, 07:15:09 AM
..and what about dark pool atomic swap exchanges - what type is that? Huh

I think this is a mix of decentralised exchange and p2p type with the limitations related to fiat deposit/withdrawal.
February 12, 2018, 05:01:28 AM
..and what about dark pool atomic swap exchanges - what type is that? Huh
February 11, 2018, 08:13:48 PM
I usually use the first way to trade in the market because it's safe. You also understand that transactions in this market are not managed so if you are cheated or stolen then you can not get it back. So I usually through broker to make transactions for my property, a little transaction fee is acceptable so I feel safe for my property.

Could you please inform what commission you'r paying to your broker?
Are you actually buying crypto via that broker or "make a bet" cause the last case relates to the type #5.
February 11, 2018, 06:40:07 PM
3 is the best one, but centralized exchanges are leader in the industry for now, but in 2019 and 2020 there will be many decentralized exchanges like oax, they dominate the market.

If #3 is the best and centralized exchanges are leaders then why P2P crypto exchanges' (e.g. Localbitcoins) volume is growing?

One answer may be because the whole market is growing - more and more crypto adepts come).
But why these newcomers (part of them) choose p2p, not centralized exchanges?
February 11, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

Thanks for merit you too!

ok, thanks for the advice - I will add 2-3 examples for each type of exchanges soon.

And you are right about centralised exchanges they are dominant now because there are still many problems with mechanics in decentralised exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
February 11, 2018, 05:02:16 PM

Activity: 230
Merit: 14
February 11, 2018, 04:41:30 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
█ J A X N E T W O R K █
February 11, 2018, 04:28:21 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Market Integration Platform
February 11, 2018, 03:49:31 PM
3 is the best one, but centralized exchanges are leader in the industry for now, but in 2019 and 2020 there will be many decentralized exchanges like oax, they dominate the market.
February 11, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

Yes, there are a team and support and office I suppose. So the main feature of decentralize exchanges is no offline office at all.
[/quote]

Yes, and legal authorities can not come to that "office" and take all servers.
[/quote]

So, this is the best type of exchnges? Why then others still exsists?
February 11, 2018, 10:39:27 AM
To which type of exchanges you would adress hitbtc?
As far as I know hitbtc is a centralized exchange since admins are the ones who process the transfer of funds and there are support team as well. Also, they are the ones who hold your funds unlike on etherdelta where the transactions happen on ethereum's blockchain itself. To know if an exchange is a centralized one or not, know if they are the ones(creators, owners of the site) who hold your funds when you deposit it to them.

Yes, there are a team and support and office I suppose. So the main feature of decentralize exchanges is no offline office at all.

Yes, and legal authorities can not come to that "office" and take all servers.
February 11, 2018, 09:49:33 AM
As far as I know hitbtc is a centralized exchange since admins are the ones who process the transfer of funds and there are support team as well. Also, they are the ones who hold your funds unlike on etherdelta where the transactions happen on ethereum's blockchain itself. To know if an exchange is a centralized one or not, know if they are the ones(creators, owners of the site) who hold your funds when you deposit it to them.

February 11, 2018, 08:35:30 AM

Agree! include it into 1. Type (centralised exchanges).

Also one of the weaknesses of decentralised exchanges (which i included too) is an open Memory Pool of smart contract, which supports the exchange process. It allows a cheater (miner orany user of Ethereum chain) to put his block first (using higher rate of gas). For example, a cheater can put his bid/ask order first of the large stake buyer/seller.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
February 11, 2018, 08:03:21 AM
February 11, 2018, 07:11:09 AM
Pages:
Jump to: