Pages:
Author

Topic: Ubuntu bitcoin packages - page 3. (Read 24898 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
January 05, 2011, 08:13:06 PM
It is also possible to use Launchpad for Mac/Windows software (e.g. this project is Win-Only: https://launchpad.net/lilregcleaner)

... but Launchpad won't build (run the compiler on one of their machines) Mac/Windows software, or did I miss that feature when I looked at the website?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
January 05, 2011, 11:10:42 AM
Very nice!  Let me ask some dumb questions:

I've setup a launchpad PPA to host Ubuntu packages of bitcoin.

What does PPA stand for?

Does launchpad help solve the 'trusted build' problem-- e.g. does the build process automatically fetch from source code that we can all look at and audit?

How hard would it be to setup something similar to produce regular builds of the github integration repository?

Right now, the bitcoin build process is "Satoshi does it."  Using Launchpad to create the Linux builds seems like the right way to go.

Last dumb question:  are there services similar to Launchpad for building Mac/Windows software?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072
January 05, 2011, 10:21:42 AM
+1 another reason to remove the wxWidgets code from Bitcoin and allow others to make their own.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
January 05, 2011, 08:47:09 AM
Good initiative.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 05, 2011, 07:50:20 AM
Hello,

I've setup a launchpad PPA to host Ubuntu packages of bitcoin.  Version 0.3.19 is up now with builds for maverick and lucid.  I've tested the Maverick build and it runs ok for me, I don't have a machine around to test Lucid.

The PPA is hosted at https://launchpad.net/~stretch/+archive/bitcoin

To install on Ubuntu:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:stretch/bitcoin
sudo apt-get install bitcoin

then to run
bitcoin or bitcoind - both are in /usr/bin

If this works/doesn't work for anyone please let me know.

thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: