Pages:
Author

Topic: Ubuntu Natty Narwhal 11.04 Mining Guide / HOWTO - page 15. (Read 281373 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 100
"I'm not psychic; I'm just damn good"
Inaba, I'm having trouble 'not' using live.

Do I have to do the installation while running Ubuntu onto the USB stick? [meaning have and running a working version of Ubuntu before I could install it onto a USB stick]

After that do what this guide does... but first...
How do I SSH, must I do it in Ubuntu to Ubuntu or can I do it using Windows to Ubuntu?

Sorry, but I have no prior experience in Linux. So this is hard for me... thanks for your patience... really.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I was running fine using this guide with 1 6950, but after adding another one, and going back through all the install steps, I am now getting an error when I try to start the miner.  It looks like both aticonfig and poclbm can see my cards...

~/poclbm$ ./poclbm.py
No device specified or device not found, use -d to specify one of the following

•    Cayman
  • [1]   Cayman
    [2]   AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor[/color]

..., but then when I try to start it using phoenix, I get this (even though I am using the DEVICE=0 argument)...

~/phoenix$ ./phoenix.py -u
http://username:[email protected]:8332/;askrate=10 -k poclbm DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=8
No device specified or device not found, use DEVICE=ID to specify one of the following

• Cayman                         
  • [1] Cayman                         
      [2] AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
[0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected]-k: command not found

I'm sure I am missing something obvious, but any help is appreciated.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You screen buffer is too small, you need to increase it in PuTTY.  Don't ask me how to do that, because I don't use PuTTY (I use SecureCRT).

I set my buffer to 32000 lines of scrollback.

i set mine to 50000 lines. this is what i got: http://pastebin.com/rRr105GP
and i reinstalled ubuntu to be 100% sure it was not the updates that was causing this.
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
Does anyone know how to upgrade from SDK 2.1 to SDK 2.4?
Or install 2.4 in a separate location for testing purposes?

please help, thank you
Activity: 12
hi,

i installed 2 another machine, but if i ty to start them, i get the error message
Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

./poclbm.py --platform 1 -d2 -v -f10 --host=http://xxxx --user=xxx --pass=xxx

any idea?

i am using a vigor router, checked firewall, and port forward settings 15x.

and one of my machines is working....

thx

Gedeon
legendary
Activity: 1260
You screen buffer is too small, you need to increase it in PuTTY.  Don't ask me how to do that, because I don't use PuTTY (I use SecureCRT).

I set my buffer to 32000 lines of scrollback.
Activity: 44
Is anyone else getting crashes with settings above aggression 6 or 7 on ubuntu or xubuntu?
I am runnning all my GPUs on aggression 6 because otherwise it is instable, FASTLOOP also makes it instable. The whole box crashes and becomes unresponsive, after minutes, sometimes a few hours of uptime.
I use sempron 140 cpus and 2 gigs of ram.
Yes, that seems to happen to me too.
I use Athlon X2 245.

are you by chance running linux from a flashdrive? I think this might be the reason
That can't be all of the output for lspci -v.  I think it got cut off.  It's missing a bunch of information.  Specifically, none of your graphics cards are listed.

that was all i got, from top to bottom. what should i do? reinstall ubuntu and avoid updates?

There is no way that's all you got.  You need to scroll up and get the rest of it.

You could also do lspci -v > output.txt and then copy the contents of output.txt to pastebin.

hers and image of the screen. there is no more scroll up:(
legendary
That can't be all of the output for lspci -v.  I think it got cut off.  It's missing a bunch of information.  Specifically, none of your graphics cards are listed.

that was all i got, from top to bottom. what should i do? reinstall ubuntu and avoid updates?

There is no way that's all you got.  You need to scroll up and get the rest of it.

You could also do lspci -v > output.txt and then copy the contents of output.txt to pastebin.

Activity: 70
Yes, you can paste into PuTTY.   I don't understand your second question, though?

If you are on the screen with the miner that is using the CPU, just use ctrl-c to kill the miner.  Or, if you haven't backgrounded the process (which you probably haven't) just killing the PuTTY session and opening another one should kill it.

okay i think i understand.  thanks Smiley
legendary
legendary
Yes, you can paste into PuTTY.   I don't understand your second question, though?

If you are on the screen with the miner that is using the CPU, just use ctrl-c to kill the miner.  Or, if you haven't backgrounded the process (which you probably haven't) just killing the PuTTY session and opening another one should kill it.

i use ubuntu 64bit.

do an lspci -v and put the output on pastebin.  I am would like to see your config and if someone else also is having the same problem, the output of lspci -v as well.

ctrl-c
i accidentally started my CPU (DEVICE=0) mining, what is the command to turn it off?

here:)
http://pastebin.com/MWjPEQs4
You need to force aticonfig.

As stated in the guide, use sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all.  Not sudo aticonfig --initial --adapter=all

thx. but i get this error when i enter sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all

No protocol specified
Uninitialised file found, configuring.
PowerXpress error: Cannot stat '/usr/lib64/fglrx/switchlibGL': No such file or directory
Failed to initialize libglx for discrete GPU
Using /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Saving back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fglrx-2

I think I had that one too. I reinstalled Ubuntu, make sure you do not check the online update options. Just copy/paste the command strings one at a time and follow the guide precisely and it will work.

can you copy paste into the putty shell?  i typed all that stuff in by hand Smiley

sorry to keep asking noob linux questions, but you say ctrl-c to shut down the CPU, but how would i do that in SSH?  how do i point that at DEVICE=0?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
You need to force aticonfig.

As stated in the guide, use sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all.  Not sudo aticonfig --initial --adapter=all

thx. but i get this error when i enter sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all

No protocol specified
Uninitialised file found, configuring.
PowerXpress error: Cannot stat '/usr/lib64/fglrx/switchlibGL': No such file or directory
Failed to initialize libglx for discrete GPU
Using /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Saving back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fglrx-2

I think I had that one too. I reinstalled Ubuntu, make sure you do not check the online update options. Just copy/paste the command strings one at a time and follow the guide precisely and it will work.
legendary
i use ubuntu 64bit.

do an lspci -v and put the output on pastebin.  I am would like to see your config and if someone else also is having the same problem, the output of lspci -v as well.

ctrl-c
i accidentally started my CPU (DEVICE=0) mining, what is the command to turn it off?
i use ubuntu 64bit.
legendary
Are you using a 64 bit distro or a 32 bit?

Also do an lspci -v and put the output on pastebin.  I am would like to see your config and if someone else also is having the same problem, the output of lspci -v as well.
Pages:
Jump to: