Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 225: Whittaker vs Romero 2 Info and Prediction Thread - page 2. (Read 209 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 2
romero will beat whittaker, so prepare a big gamble for romero. but maybe I did not go into it, especially because I'm not really interested in the ufc match.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
^  Meh.  I don't care much about that match.  And it shouldn't be in the main card imo, considering how both fought vs Mickey Gall.  Dana White could do a better job finding a fighter from McGregor's camp fight a fighter from Khabib's camp and hype that.  Grin

Anyway I feel Romero could KO Whitaker...  I feel it!

Edit:  Where are the rest of the UFC regs?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
-I hope CM Punk wins his fight.   Smiley  Smart move by the UFC giving him a second chance, imo.
Dana White is just banking on CM Punk's popularity in WWE, but looking at his previous fight, I think its kinda too late for him to shift to MMA. His opponents are younger than him. Jackson is 6 years younger than him but fight stats are identical to CM Punk. His last opponent Mikey Gall is 13 years younger than him. At his age those who started early with MMA they are slowing down now, but CMs is just starting.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@Hydrogen. About Rashad. It is hehehe.

@tokeweed. Dana already did one. He decided to move Holly versus Megan to the main card 2 weeks ago. I reckon this is Megan's time in the UFC. She is very underrated and might win versus Holly, who is already becoming irrelevant.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Notes.

-I hope CM Punk wins his fight.   Smiley  Smart move by the UFC giving him a second chance, imo.

-Charles Oliveira could be a favorite over Clay Guida due to Guida circling in the wrong direction (defending the submission incorrectly) when Thiago Tavares had him caught in a guillotine back in 2015. 47% of Guida's losses are via submission and Oliveira is known to have a good sub game. Not certain whether Clay Guida moving to team alpha male will help his sub defense. Lots of grey areas there.

-Rashad Evans losing streak began shortly after USADA's random PED testing program went into effect. Not certain if that's a coincidence or not.

-Benavidez has been out on a torn ACL. Not certain what the success rate of ACL reconstructions will be in mixed martial arts. Its an intereting topic from a rehab perspective. I think NFL athletes only have a 60% or so success rate with athletes who undergo ACL reconstruction returning to their former glory. Could be interesting to see if Benavidez' rehab is as successful as Dominick Cruz was.

-Tai Tuivasa trains/spars with Mark Hunt. Its been said by Hunt that Tuivasa hits harder than anyone Mark Hunt has fought in his career. Not certain whether that's true or Hunt trying to hype up his teammate but it could mean Tuivasa has some potential.
legendary
No love for this 'kinda stacked' event?  Lol.

But yeah...  I think the main card could bring down a couple of fights and bring up Overeem vs Blaydes and Gadelha vs Esparza.  I'm not really too excited about CM Punk and Arlovski.

Anyway here are some of videos to get you guys interested (somehow)...  Lol.

UFC 225:  Countdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4UbOwulfm4

UFC 225:  Inside The Octagon - Whitaker vs Romero 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33__g1WbNU

UFC 225:  Vlog Series 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZXQhl9t1qk

UFC 225:  Vlog Series 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UnPIeo0jKk
legendary
Date: Saturday, June 9th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 22:15 BCT / 3:15pm PST / 6:15pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 00:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 2:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.fìrstrow.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Robert Whittaker (19-4) vs. Yoel Romero (13-2) (Middleweight)
Rafael dos Anjos (28-9) vs. Colby Covington (13-1) (Welterweight)
Holly Holm (11-4) vs. Megan Anderson (8-2) (Women's Featherweight)
Andrei Arlovski (27-15) vs. Tai Tuivasa (7-0) (Heavyweight)
CM Punk (0-1) vs. Mike Jackson (0-1) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Alistair Overeem (43-16) vs. Curtis Blaydes (9-1) (Heavyweight)
Claudia Gadelha (15-3) vs. Carla Esparza (13-4) (Women's Strawweight)
Ricardo Lamas (18-6) vs. Mirsad Bektic (12-1) (Featherweight)
Rashad Coulter (8-3) vs. Chris de la Rocha (4-2) (Heavyweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Rashad Evans (19-7-1) vs. Anthony Smith (28-13) (Light Heavyweight)
Joseph Benavidez (25-4) vs. Sergio Pettis (16-3) (Flyweight)
Clay Guida (34-17) vs. Charles Oliveira (22-8) (Lightweight)
Mike Santiago (20-11) vs. Dan Ige (8-2) (Featherweight)

Other

- Rashad Coulter was scheduled to face Allen Crowder at the event. However, on May 12, 2018, it was announced that Chris de la Rocha has replaced Crowder for undisclosed reasons.

- Bobby Green was scheduled to face Clay Guida at the event. However, on May 29, 2018, it was announced that Charles Oliveira has replaced Green for unspecific reasons.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: