Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 228: Woodley vs Till Info and Prediction Thread - page 2. (Read 336 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
^  Got any notes for Andrade vs KK?  I made a small bet on KK at 4.25.  She's obv mentally strong judging from her fight vs JJ, so she could get lucky as long as she tries to finish all three rounds.

And this video makes me wish I made a bet on Till when he was at 2.30 or so a couple of weeks ago.  Sad

UFC 228:  Inside the Octagon - Woodley vs Till
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRftB6vlic

I know a guy from Liverpool...  Let's get him itt.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
First UFC 228 embedded vblog #1 is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8GMpf5wyYc

Not a lot of notes for this one.

--Carla Esparza was taken down a few times by Claudia Gadelha in her last fight. If Claudia can get Esparza down, MMA logic says Tatiana Suarez might definitely get Esparza down. Of course, Gadelha's takedowns were setup by her kickboxing. The feints and setups Gadelha used to get Esparza down need to be taken into account. That said, Suarez could be a betting lock, here.

--Tatiana Suarez was ranked #3 in the world for her divison of wrestling when she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. That diagnosis hurt her chances for olympic stardom as it took her 2-3 years for her cancer to fully go into remission, iirc.

--Both Niko Price and Abdul Alhassan are explosive and athletic fighters with high finish rates of their opponents. I'm not a fan of playing under or inside the distance props. If the under 2.5 rounds prop is offered I might take it. Even under 1.5 rounds might be #worth. I probably wouldn't take under 1.5 personally. But for those who enjoy over/under Price vs Alhassan and Tatiana Suarez vs Carla Esparza could be worth looking into.

--For those who enjoy playing underdogs, Cody Stamann could be worth a look.

--Irene Aldana vs Lucie Pudilova and John Dodson vs Jimmie Rivera could be over 2.5 round fights. Those lighter weight divisions don't see a lot of finishes some days. I never play over/under. Just throwing this out there to try to produce some conversation.

--I don't have any picks for the main event. How well Darren Till's weight cut goes will be crucial here. I think its best to wait till after weigh ins to make bets on the main event. To see how weight cut drama unfolds.
legendary
^  We'll see...  Sure Till is the bigger guy and more aggro, but weight cutting has been an issue for him for a couple fights now afaik.  And that could affect his performance in the cage imo.  But then again, we'll see.  Woodley has cardio issues, so let's watch how Till can use that to his advantage (if he's smart).  

Woodley could go explosive 2 - 1 - 2 and knock Till out.  That's how see it end.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1021
Think Till walks out with the belt Smiley
legendary
^  Heh...  I gotta admit Till could do a Rory Mac Donald and pressure Woodley then force him to turtle up.  But I haven't lost betting on Woodley yet (two bets in both vs Thompson bouts, and the vs Lawler one), so why stop now...  Lol.

And here's the UFC Countdown vid.  Smiley

UFC 228 Countdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucK_DSwUmok

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
I reckon because of his longer reach and size advantage, Darren Till will fight from long distance and trap Tyron with the cage behind his back, which I also observed that it is something Tyron is doing in most of his fights. He likes to go back and feel the cage with his back for security. Maybe he was in many gang fights hehehe.
legendary
Date: Saturday, September 8th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 22:00 BCT / 3pm PST / 6pm EST
Preliminary Card (FX): 00:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 2:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.fìrstrow.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Tyron Woodley (18-3-1) vs. Darren Till (17-0-1) (Welterweight Championship)
Nicco Montano (4-2) vs. Valentina Shevchenko (15-3) (Women's Flyweight Championship)
Zabit Magomedsharipov (15-1) vs. Brandon Davis (9-4) (Featherweight)
Jessica Andrade (18-6) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (12-2) (Women's Strawweight)
Abdul Razak Alhassan (9-1) vs. Niko Price (12-1) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (FX)

Carla Esparza (13-5) vs. Tatiana Suarez (6-0) (Women's Strawweight)
Aljamain Sterling (15-3) vs. Cody Stamann (17-1) (Bantamweight)
Jimmie Rivera (21-2) vs. John Dodson (20-9) (Bantamweight)
Charles Byrd (10-4) vs. Darren Stewart (8-3) (Middleweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Diego Sanchez (27-11) vs. Craig White (14-8) (Welterweight)
Jim Miller (28-12) vs. Alex White (12-4) (Lightweight)
Irene Aldana (8-4) vs. Lucie Pudilova (8-2) (Women's Bantamweight)
Jarred Brooks (13-2) vs. Roberto Sanchez (8-1) (Flyweight)
Geoff Neal (9-2) vs. Frank Camacho (21-6) (Welterweight)

Other

- A featherweight bout between Yair Rodriguez and Zabit Magomedsharipov was scheduled for the event. However, Rodriguez pulled out of the fight on August 23 citing injury. He was replaced by Brandon Davis on August 28.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: