Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Prediction and Info Thread - page 3. (Read 509 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@eaLiTy. Jeremy Stephens might defeat Zabit similar to what he did to the Korean Superboy. This is a dangerous ladder up for Zabit versus a fighter who has fought the top fighters and who also has knockout power.

I reckon Zabit should be prepared to be disappointed hehehe.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
I got a weird feeling that Woodley could lose this one, as much as I like him as a fighter. 

Anyway, here's a vid that should get all of you excited for this weekend's event.  Enjoy.  Wink  And there's more coming.

UFC 235 Countdown:  Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTNNIDHziw
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
The best card this year without a doubt Jon Jones, Tyron Woodley, Ben Askren, Pedro Munhoz, Zabit Magomedsharipov and Mickey Gall are my picks in this card.

Jones has nothing else to prove in the lightheavies, he has to move up to the heavies.
Jon Jones is an intelligent fighter and the weight gap in the heavyweight division is so huge if he is facing someone like Francis Ngannou, the size advantage is really a thing and one shot could change everything, he might do some selected fights in the heavy weight division rather than moving entirely up the division.

Jones will probably win, but I love Lionheart much more and hope he can do damage.He always fights with heart and gives it all. If he will be brave in this fight and creative he could beat Jones.
Anyone could beat anyone at a given day in a fight, but Jone Jones has not shown any weakness yet in his long career and that is the reason majority of the fight fans considers him as the greatest fighter ever and i am sure he is more focused than before even though he is partying even now. Cheesy
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Pretty much a stack up line up here:

Definitely, Jones will be the favorite to win this fight. I guess if he win this fight, then he can either move up in weight or fight Thiago who blasted Jan couple of days ago and then that's it, he had clean the division again so he needs to move up to heavyweight.

Interesting to hear the thoughts of the rest of our MMA 'experts' regarding the rest of the cards.  Grin

Activity: 209
Merit: 10
Jones will probably win, but I love Lionheart much more and hope he can do damage.He always fights with heart and gives it all. If he will be brave in this fight and creative he could beat Jones.
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
Jones has nothing else to prove in the lightheavies, he has to move up to the heavies.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
One of the best fight nights in UFC that I have seen in a while. This one will be really good to watch I am excited. I have to take John in this fight.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
No doubt about it a fight for the Light Heavyweight Championship I will surely go with Jon Jones because I can see that he is an excellent fighter with the range of his kicks I think he can manage to win over Smith, Well you can see from his records of 23-1 No doubt if it wasn't for his disqualifications of an illegal downward elbow in his fight against Matt Hamill he would be undefeated, But still I really think he is undefeated, Well I am sound bias against Anthony Smith but that is my thoughts on what may be the outcome over this fight, That is why my bet goes to Jon Jones.

And moving on to the Women's Strawweight division I really think that Polyana Viana is a gorgeous and astonishing fighter and my bet goes to her and will defeat Hannah Cifers in the match, Well for me wrecking a man's face after robbing her was a good example why she can win in this fight.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, March 2
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass):  3:15pm PST / 6:15pm EST
Preliminary Card (ESPN):  5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV):  7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.fìrstrow.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Jon Jones (23-1) vs. Anthony Smith (31-13) (Light Heavyweight Championship)
Tyron Woodley (19-3-1) vs. Kamaru Usman (14-1) (Welterweight Championship)
Robbie Lawler (28-12) vs. Ben Askren (18-0) (Welterweight)
Tecia Torres (10-3) vs. Weili Zhang (18-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Cody Garbrandt (11-2) vs. Pedro Munhoz (17-3) (Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN)

Jeremy Stephens (28-15) vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov (16-1) (Featherweight)
Misha Cirkunov (14-4) vs. Johnny Walker (16-3) (Light Heavyweight)
Cody Stamann (17-2) vs. Alejandro Perez (21-6-1) (Bantamweight)
Diego Sanchez (28-11) vs. Mickey Gall (5-1) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Edmen Shahbazyan (8-0) vs. Charles Byrd (10-5) (Middleweight)
Gina Mazany (5-2) vs. Macy Chiasson (3-0) (Women's Bantamweight)
Marlon Vera (12-5-1) vs. Frankie Saenz (13-5) (Bantamweight)
Polyana Viana (10-2) vs. Hannah Cifers (8-3) (Women's Strawweight)

Other

- Thomas Almeida was expected to face Marlon Vera at the event. However, Almeida pulled out of the fight on January 31 citing an injury. He was replaced by Frankie Saenz on February 2.

- Ovince Saint Preux was expected to face Misha Cirkunov at the event. However on February 11, it was announced that Saint Preux suffered an injury and was pulled from the fight. He was replaced by Johnny Walker on February 12.

- Yadong Song was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America bantamweight winner Alejandro Perez at the event, but pulled out of the bout on January 11 due to an undisclosed reason. He was replaced by Cody Stamann on February 10.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: