Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 270: Ngannou vs Gane | Is Gane a good bet? - page 3. (Read 311 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
~ The fighting odds right now on most betting sites are pretty even
Yeah and I think that's because bettors understand that their strengths cancel each other out. It's one punch KO power for Francis against Cyril's skills. I find this match up similar to the Lewis vs. Daukaus match which happened recently. Gane looks like a smarter fighter with how he handled Lewis' power but Ngannou has become more patient and I think he has a bigger gas tank.

Like what I said before, I don't analyze fights that could easily end up with one punch especially in the early rounds. It is much easier to predict if the match ends in the first two rounds or if it ends in KO/TKO.

Anyway, you're welcome to discuss UFC fights on this thread.
copper member
Activity: 22
Merit: 5
So Ngannou vs Gane is coming up soon and I've been extremely excited for this match-up. The fighting odds right now on most betting sites are pretty even but I'm sure eventually Ngannoug will become a favorite due to his power and people generally like to bet on the champion. I'm planning on putting a pretty sizable bet on Gane though. The guy has unparalleled footwork. No one in the division comes even close to his movement and I believe Ngannou won't be able to connect with much. Especially after watching their sparring footage.

Here's the summary of my thinking:

• Gane has better BJJ and especially good leg logs in his arsenal. I can easily see Francis getting caught in a heel hook if they go to the ground.
  • Overall better standup. He's an undefeated kickboxer with unmatched footwork in the heavyweight division, whereas Francis is mainly a boxer with rare kicks and 0 wrestling.
  • Gane absolutely dismantled Derrick Lewis whereas Ngannou stood frozen against him and lost via decision.
  • Francis currently has a lot of negotiation drama with the UFC and wants to leave. This is the last match on his contract and if he loses he'll be a free agent. The championship clause in his contract would tie him to the UFC for another year or 3 fights if he wins this match.

It's still a pretty risky bet though, ngl. I'm kinda hoping someone will convince me that I'm wrong but I don't see Gane losing in any scenario. Please discuss  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: