Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC FN 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn Info and Prediction Thread - page 2. (Read 753 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
For the main event. I think i'll go for Rodriguez. Rodriguez is more younger and stronger than Penn. I think he has a slightly edge. No offense for Penn. But i dont think he could win this fight. But he is my idol tho. Also fitness can be the issue here. I dont know if he can keep up until the last round. One thing that i really like on Penn. He has a big heart. A true legendary fighter.
You really cannot say Rodriguez is stronger than BJ Penn.Hope you have seen his fights.He is more athletic and is crazy inside the cage and his movements are really great .It is really interesting to see how BJ Penn would be inside the cage after retirement is the one i am looking forward to.He has lost some matches before but now he is training under Jacksons which i am sure will make a difference in his approach and BJ Penn is a quick learner.  
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hey, just dropping by to post a video.  This is one of the more minor UFC events that I'm excited of watching only because it's B.J. Penn in the main event.  Otherwise I wouldn't bother that much in looking for updates on the internet.  Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the video.

UFC Fight Night Countdown: Rodriguez vs. Penn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmxJOoh8p0
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
For the main event. I think i'll go for Rodriguez. Rodriguez is more younger and stronger than Penn. I think he has a slightly edge. No offense for Penn. But i dont think he could win this fight. But he is my idol tho. Also fitness can be the issue here. I dont know if he can keep up until the last round. One thing that i really like on Penn. He has a big heart. A true legendary fighter.
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I am looking forward for the return of the legendary BJ Penn and that too he is from a great camp at jacksons but i do think that age has caught up with him and coming out of an retirement and sure he will be a dangerous opponent and Rodriguez is a real talent and i really like his fighting style and movement inside the ring and i am not sure how to make a prediction on this match.
The legacy of BJ Penn is that he even had a fight in heavy weight division and he is the first person who said weight division is just an obstacle and he will fight at any weight divisions and he did not even had a high profile camp like AKA or Jacksons and so is the reason he retired in his early 30s because the battle he has done inside the cage has taken a toll and now with Fabricio Werdum winning his first belt at the age of 37 even Penn wanted to try it out with a good camp which made him come back .
legendary
Here's a clip of one of the classic B.J. Penn fights.  It's vs Kenny Florian, another legendary fighter during his time.  And to think that Penn didn't have a top training camp when he was considered the best during that time is astonishing.

Fight Night Phoenix Free Fight: BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BZIC635XVs

Enjoy the video!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Why did BJ Penn decide to come back fighting in the UFC? I believe he needs the money. He knows he cannot be the same as he was at his peak. But if the UFC was in the same level years ago, BJ Penn would have been earning as big as Conor. He fight in more weight divisions than anyone in the sport.

I hope Penn wins. He has my support. But the bet is only small. hehehe
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I am looking forward for the return of the legendary BJ Penn and that too he is from a great camp at jacksons but i do think that age has caught up with him and coming out of an retirement and sure he will be a dangerous opponent and Rodriguez is a real talent and i really like his fighting style and movement inside the ring and i am not sure how to make a prediction on this match.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The fight that I look forward to, I think this fight will be win by Rodriguez.

BJ Pen was indeed a lot of experience, but the age factor became an issue. He's been a long time not to compete, so it looks like a new fighter.

I hope this fight happens a lot stand fight.
legendary
Date:  Sunday, January 15th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass):  3pm PST / 6pm EST
Main Card (UFC Fight Pass):  5pm PST / 8pm EST
Live Streams:  http://firstrowus1.eu/

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Yair Rodriguez (9-1) vs. B.J. Penn (16-10-2) (Featherweight)
Joe Lauzon (16-5) vs. Marcin Held (22-5) (Lightweight)
Court McGee (18-5) vs. Ben Saunders (20-7-2) (Welterweight)
Jimmie Rivera (20-1) vs. Bryan Caraway (21-7) (Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

John Moraga (16-5) vs. Sergio Pettis (14-2) (Flyweight)
Frankie Saenz (11-4) vs. Augusto Mendes (5-1) (Bantamweight)
Oleksiy Oliynyk (50-10-1) vs. Viktor Pesta (10-3) (Heavyweight)
Alex White (11-2) vs. Tony Martin (10-3) (Lightweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger (6-3) vs. Nina Ansaroff (6-5) (Women's Strawweight)
Devin Powell (8-1) vs. Drakkar Klose (6-0-1) (Lightweight)
Walt Harris (8-5) vs. Chase Sherman (9-2) (Heavyweight)
Joachim Christensen (13-4) vs. Bojan Mihajlovic (10-4) (Lightweight)
Dmitri Smoliakov (8-1) vs. Cyril Asker (7-2) (Heavyweight)

Other

- Erik Koch was expected to face Tony Martin at the event. However, Koch pulled out of the fight on December 12 citing injury and was replaced by Alex White.

- Damian Grabowski was expected to face Viktor Pesta at the event. However, Grabowski was removed from the bout on December 21 for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by Oleksiy Oliynyk.

- On December 29, two bouts suffered alterations: Jussier Formiga pulled out from his bout against Sergio Pettis and Jordan Rinaldi from his bout against Devin Powell. They were replaced by former UFC Flyweight Championship challenger John Moraga and promotional newcomer Drakkar Klose on 17 days short notice

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content
Pages:
Jump to: