Pages:
Author

Topic: UK Banks Refused 6 Million Citizens Accounts, Bitcoin Doesn’t Refuse Anyone - page 2. (Read 1465 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
this was just a misleading article, i am getting used to these types of news and i don't think too much about them anymore. there is no bank in the world that will reject people to invest (deposit) in their bank. just like bitcoin.
this article is like saying bitcoin rejected me when i asked for a loan on bitcointalk!

You are right . this is really unbelievable. how banks can reject that much costumers. banks are looking for more costumers. I think it is a probably fake news.. but still this is also true that bitcoin won't reject anyone. no matter if he is kid or adult. 

it is not a fake news. franky1 gave an explanation about this which i think is true (they deny special accounts). this is just how these news sites work, the title of the news will create some thoughts in your mind which are not true when you think about them or read the article and that is how they intrigue people to click on their news site and get traffic.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 533
this was just a misleading article, i am getting used to these types of news and i don't think too much about them anymore. there is no bank in the world that will reject people to invest (deposit) in their bank. just like bitcoin.
this article is like saying bitcoin rejected me when i asked for a loan on bitcointalk!

You are right . this is really unbelievable. how banks can reject that much costumers. banks are looking for more costumers. I think it is a probably fake news.. but still this is also true that bitcoin won't reject anyone. no matter if he is kid or adult. 
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
Are there any fall below fees for your bank accounts in your country?

In some banks of some countries, if the daily average balance is less than $1,000, the bank will deduct a $2 maintenance fee.

Most countries do not have this. The only one I heard is Singapore, having the minimum amount between $500 to $1000.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Are there any fall below fees for your bank accounts in your country?

In some banks of some countries, if the daily average balance is less than $1,000, the bank will deduct a $2 maintenance fee.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
Normal bank account are easy to open on european countries, also a child could have an account. The problem is if you want one with a credit card and other financial services, they will ask you for utility bills at your name to prove that you have an address. And you will need to prove that you have a job.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
That's a gap in the market for Bitcoin to take advantage of. With the Bitcoin ATM infrastructure rolling out across the UK and elsewhere low income people can store their money in Bitcoins, and withdraw it as fiat through an ATM. There are Bitcoin debit cards rolling out too which will assist Bitcoin in taking the place of bank accounts.
People usually keep their savings in bank to earn interest on it.Keeping it in bitcoin would not serve any purpose as most middle class families need to withdraw for their everyday needs
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Has already been said everyone in the UK can get some sort of basic bank account they may not get a serviced account.  even those who have been and are bankrupt can get a basic account.
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
What? The UK is an easy country to open a bank account in. I tried to open a bank account in France and Germany and they didn't want me as a customer, but UK was much friendlier.
I have moved to UK a few months ago (from a EU country).
I don`t really agree with you that is an easy country to open a bank account . First of all you have to prove you address were you live ,must prove that you pay a rent, and must have a bill on your name on that address. I was paying rent but it had the bills included so I didn`t had any bill on that address with my name. Only one bank wanted to open an account for me. After 1-2 months (didn`t had a job at that time) I tryed to use my debit card attached to the bank account and...found out that they closed my account..without any warning, without any call, email, post (they sayed that they called me several times but they didn`t)
just my experience..
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
Hey! African countries do not offer cashbacks all right, but they do not deny their citizens the chance to open a bank account.

Even children can open accounts if they have an adult to stand in for them.

the situation of UK banks is NOT the same as the african bank situation or the situations of other third world countries.

the situation in africa's "unbanked" is not about premium services or incomes.. its about availability of banks in remote villages
anyone can get a basic bank account.. but in africa, its location that is the main problem

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
What? The UK is an easy country to open a bank account in. I tried to open a bank account in France and Germany and they didn't want me as a customer, but UK was much friendlier.
Activity: 350
Hey! African countries do not offer cashbacks all right, but they do not deny their citizens the chance to open a bank account.

Even children can open accounts if they have an adult to stand in for them.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
i love bitcoin.. but lets be frank, the study didnt say that 6 million brits were denied basic bank accounts..
they were denied 'serviced' accounts that offer things like:
5%  cashbacks
ISA's
overdrafts

which are services which bitcoin does not offer.

where the list require suitable regular income to qualify for.
these 6 million people can still get standard bank accounts with an ATM card.
even people 'seeking asylum' in the UK can open a bank account.. just not accounts that offer extra services (which bitcoin doesnt either)

the situation of UK banks is NOT the same as the african bank situation or the situations of other third world countries.
Activity: 318
That's a gap in the market for Bitcoin to take advantage of. With the Bitcoin ATM infrastructure rolling out across the UK and elsewhere low income people can store their money in Bitcoins, and withdraw it as fiat through an ATM. There are Bitcoin debit cards rolling out too which will assist Bitcoin in taking the place of bank accounts.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Over the past two years, 6 million residents of the United Kingdom have been denied bank accounts.

According to a study conducted by competing banking service Pockit, since 2014 one in eight adults have been rejected by banks.

Additionally, the study found that six out of 10 of their customers thought that banks did not care to accommodate the needs of low-income workers.

Check out the article : http://cointelegraph.com/news/uk-banks-refused-6-million-citizens-accounts-bitcoin-doesnt-refuse-anyone
Pages:
Jump to: