Pages:
Author

Topic: UK Exchange Website - page 2. (Read 2155 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
April 18, 2013, 07:00:43 AM

The short answer is obviously very difficult, else it would exist.

Intersango had an exchange, but they got through 2 or 3 bank accounts in the UK before being shut down.

No idea what you are on about with the 25% though. bitstamp.net is very efficient, just a £9 charge to wire money to them with SEPA transfer. Give them a go. Its only 25% if you want to deposit £40 or something  Smiley
[/quote]

Thing is though they take 3-4 days before the funds are available and currently that can make a huge difference in value.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
April 18, 2013, 07:00:30 AM
I think I might contact some PHP developers and see how hard it is to create a currency exchange website. I literally cannot understand why no one has created a UK version of those websites yet.

FCA authorization and AML/KYC procedures. Code is nothing to do with it. It's cost us £25,000 simply to put an application in with the FCA.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
April 18, 2013, 07:00:12 AM
Honestly, I've been looking into this and I think it's a question only a professional financial advisor could answer, so far I haven't really seen much of anything from UK politicians about this, that might have something to do with how they all seem to be above 50+ in age and barely manage to use twitter never mind have any knowledge on digital currencies.

Not sure you would get an answer out of financial advisers. They tend to be geek without imaginations, not likely to inhabit the bitcoinosphere
April 18, 2013, 06:58:54 AM
I think I might contact some PHP developers and see how hard it is to create a currency exchange website. I literally cannot understand why no one has created a UK version of those websites yet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
April 18, 2013, 06:57:59 AM
Ok, here's the situation. It is currently "difficult" for people in the UK to get involved in these cryptocurrency without having pay at least 25% more than what they are currently worth through websites such as localbitcoin and bitcoinbargain. How hard would it be to create an exchange website like btc-e and MTGox that accepted UK balance transfers and other payment methods such as PingIt. An exchange where people in the UK, Europe etc could withdraw their money simply, without having to go through multiple transfer routes with high fees. There must be a reason why these websites don't exist yet and why you can't simple withdraw your funds straight into your bank account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley

The short answer is obviously very difficult, else it would exist.

Intersango had an exchange, but they got through 2 or 3 bank accounts in the UK before being shut down.

No idea what you are on about with the 25% though. bitstamp.net is very efficient, just a £9 charge to wire money to them with SEPA transfer. Give them a go. Its only 25% if you want to deposit £40 or something  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2013, 06:56:22 AM
Honestly, I've been looking into this and I think it's a question only a professional financial advisor could answer, so far I haven't really seen much of anything from UK politicians about this, that might have something to do with how they all seem to be above 50+ in age and barely manage to use twitter never mind have any knowledge on digital currencies.
April 18, 2013, 06:53:32 AM
Ok, here's the situation. It is currently "difficult" for people in the UK to get involved in these cryptocurrency without having pay at least 25% more than what they are currently worth through websites such as localbitcoin and bitcoinbargain. How hard would it be to create an exchange website like btc-e and MTGox that accepted UK balance transfers and other payment methods such as PingIt. An exchange where people in the UK, Europe etc could withdraw their money simply, without having to go through multiple transfer routes with high fees. There must be a reason why these websites don't exist yet and why you can't simple withdraw your funds straight into your bank account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: