Pages:
Author

Topic: Um.... I don't think the power company is going to like this! - page 2. (Read 1944 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Always over size your wire, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
I emailed the power company and sent them the picture.

My electrician wants to replace the feed lines going to my breaker boxes with larger wires anyway
so it can all get taken care of.

I did get a additional 400 amp service installed where I plan to build a shed for more miners...... I mean "driveway heating system".

So wire is rated at a 80% duty cycle, and I go even bigger for extra cooling.  So if you want to use 320A continuously your wire should be sized for 385A.  I went with 500kcmil copper which is good for 430 @ 90C

Better to be safe then sorry.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I emailed the power company and sent them the picture.

My electrician wants to replace the feed lines going to my breaker boxes with larger wires anyway
so it can all get taken care of.

I did get a additional 400 amp service installed where I plan to build a shed for more miners...... I mean "driveway heating system".
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
They do not care.  I have 400A as well and it really means 320A continuous.

The browning plastic would bother me though, while the meter is fine you might be melting wires and contacts in the meter can which you are responsible for.

I would get some wire brushes and freshening up the wire with some Anti-Ox and tighten those lugs down in the meter can.  280A should not generate enough heat to cause that, I think you have a loose or corroded connection.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsg8mfo4zg29sme/20150910_113738.jpeg?dl=0

I am running about 280 amps worth of mining equipment "S5"s and it looks like the cover on my
meter is starting to change colour.

I have 400 amp service.  Meter is also warm to touch.

Electric bill last month was $2,500.00.

be proactive contact them.  rather then wait.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsg8mfo4zg29sme/20150910_113738.jpeg?dl=0

I am running about 280 amps worth of mining equipment "S5"s and it looks like the cover on my
meter is starting to change colour.

I have 400 amp service.  Meter is also warm to touch.

Electric bill last month was $2,500.00.
Pages:
Jump to: