Pages:
Author

Topic: unauthorized transactions - page 2. (Read 279 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 06, 2023, 02:54:50 PM
I want to make it clear that I have always followed all the security recommendations,
Did you create your wallet on an air-gapped device? Or you used electrum as a hot wallet?
If you didn't create your wallet on an air-gapped device and it was connected to the internet, you didn't really follow all security recommendations. Take note that any online device is always prone to hacking.  

I was connected to the internet but only from my home internet connection and from my personal PC. I never did it any other way.
Unfortunately, I didn't have the possibility to use a cold wallet and that's why I had to do it like this. But I insist, I don't think it was a hack because if it had been that they would have emptied the entire wallet and they didn't.

Now, assuming that maybe it is something almost impossible, I don't know if someone can help me to recover the funds or at least a part of them. Obviously I can give a reward for it in the case of success because I am not an expert by any means in this type of thing and honestly I don't know what else to do Sad

Once again thank you all for your answers.
August 06, 2023, 02:41:00 PM
well, probably you have just a malware on your laptop, or a compromised version of electrum.
which version of electrum are you using? where you have downloaded? did you updated recently?
if not already done, move your funds immediately (if anything still stored on these address or addresses create such solution)...

I am using the latest version of Electrum (4.4.5) and I downloaded it from the official site (https://electrum.org/) as I always have. I have been using Electrum for more than 3 years, mainly to store funds because I considered it the safest thing to do after a cold wallet taking all the appropriate security precautions, and I have never had any problems so far.

As I explained, I used this wallet only to store fractions of bitcoins and I went in to check it from time to time to see that everything was fine until I found this damn surprise.

Ah, clearly I moved what little was left of the wallet (about 0.13 of 0.5 it originally had) as soon as I realized what had happened.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
August 06, 2023, 02:34:30 PM
I want to make it clear that I have always followed all the security recommendations,
Did you create your wallet on an air-gapped device? Or you used electrum as a hot wallet?
If you didn't create your wallet on an air-gapped device and it was connected to the internet, you didn't really follow all security recommendations. Take note that any online device is always prone to hacking.  
August 06, 2023, 02:33:54 PM
Sadly, There’s nothing can be done here except on tracing your coin and hope that it will land on centralized exchange for you to get the identity of the hacker. The amount is really big. Sorry for the loss.

You might not sharing your private key publicly but there’s a possibility that your computer is infected by malware that gives hacker access to your wallet without being notice. Reformat your computer immediately or scan it using reliable antivirus.

Hello. Thank you for answering so quickly. With respect to what they mention, I don't think it is a virus because I formatted everything and I have passed many antiviruses and everything is ok. They didn't take all the funds as well, so I don't think that's the case.

In relation to tracking the funds I have tried to do it but it is quite difficult because the transaction is lost after all the movements of the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 3440
Nec Recisa Recedit
August 06, 2023, 02:25:46 PM
well, probably you have just a malware on your laptop, or a compromised version of electrum.
which version of electrum are you using? where you have downloaded? did you updated recently?
if not already done, move your funds immediately (if anything still stored on these address or addresses create such solution)...
Activity: 994
Merit: 520
🇵🇭
August 06, 2023, 02:23:45 PM
Sadly, There’s nothing can be done here except on tracing your coin and hope that it will land on centralized exchange for you to get the identity of the hacker. The amount is really big. Sorry for the loss.

You might not sharing your private key publicly but there’s a possibility that your computer is infected by malware that gives hacker access to your wallet without being notice. Reformat your computer immediately or scan it using reliable antivirus.
August 06, 2023, 02:17:35 PM
Hello:

The following transactions were made from my Electrum wallet without my authorization about a month ago:

https://www.blockchain.com/es/explorer/transactions/btc/185c4ba5ff25c8603090f5c4fa8e646bdabef995f01123d5e610b75b0232a517

https://www.blockchain.com/es/explorer/transactions/btc/b3dcfc3e18047139ae197f07c4fa2cb79c94b3c9059d93fa315e871ad7ddcd5a

https://www.blockchain.com/es/explorer/transactions/btc/6365cdf3291026fd3f1335c8e2b763e051dc8d178bf9226bca59c6e92b0898fc

I want to make it clear that I have always followed all the security recommendations, which is why I have never shared my private keys publicly and that I have not stored the seed phrase to access my wallet digitally either, as they always recommend to avoid situations like this. In fact, I didn't even use this wallet to make transfers since it was intended only to store fractions of bitcoins, thinking that it was much safer to do so than in a custodial wallet like Coinbase, so it had also been a long time without using it to make transfers. transactions. I also don't think it was a hack because, as you can see, they didn't empty the entire wallet, although a large part of it did.

I would appreciate if someone can guide me because it is a fairly high amount and I need to recover it somehow since it took me many years of effort and hard work to collect it.

Thank you all very much for your help and have a nice day.
Pages:
Jump to: