Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed Bitcoin Transactions for 48 hours already!!! - page 2. (Read 364 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
You just got unlucky!
Really really unlucky!!

Twice unlucky.
The recommended fee has dropped less than 1h ago to 12 satoshi/byte and 1-2 new blocks would have probably gotten his transaction.
Now another wave is on and the recommended fee is 122 sat/byte.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I sent Bitcoin transactions two days ago, nearly 48 hours ago. So far they still show as "Unconfirmed transaction". I set the fee as 8 satoshis per byte, with the total cost to be 0.0000081 BTC. According to this site https://bitcoinfees.earn.com it should take between 25 mins to 480 minutes (8 hours) to be confirmed at 8 satoshis per byte. From their graph there's 2,433 transactions in the last 24 hours with that same fee. What to do and why hasn't it been confirmed yet?

You just got unlucky!
Really really unlucky!!

You've sent your transaction when the mempool was quite empty and normally the tx would be accepted but just then a wave of transactions hit the chain, see the red circle.

We had quite an unusual morning with a lot of transactions, there was a lot of bad luck with miners, yesterday we were behind by 11 blocks so this happened.

You either wait or you try a CPFP transaction.

PS.
bitcoinfees.earn.com sucks!

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544
That maybe would had count 2 days ago. Even with the bits way higher you will still have to wait 24 hours or more according to this site.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I sent Bitcoin transactions two days ago, nearly 48 hours ago. So far they still show as "Unconfirmed transaction". I set the fee as 8 satoshis per byte, with the total cost to be 0.0000081 BTC. According to this site https://bitcoinfees.earn.com it should take between 25 mins to 480 minutes (8 hours) to be confirmed at 8 satoshis per byte. From their graph there's 2,433 transactions in the last 24 hours with that same fee. What to do and why hasn't it been confirmed yet?

All what these tools can do is do some estimations. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are way off.
In the last days the network was very busy (mempool had a lot of new transactions). As a simple explanation, every new transaction offering more satoshi/byte is confirmed before yours. Some have paid way over 100 satoshi/byte yesterday.

Now it has fallen to 12-13 satoshi/byte and there's a good chance your transaction will also get confirmed soon if another episode of rush doesn't start.

What to do implies extra costs and work - either try a RBF which will create a new transaction with bigger fee, either use CPFP with one of the outputs of that transaction, again, with bigger fee, either pay for accelerating the transaction, either use ViaBTC free accelerator. For the last one you need to be at fix hour :00, if you are seconds late you may not be accepted.

Edit: Sorry, the free accelerator won't work for you; it accepts only transactions with at least 10 satoshi/vbyte. Crossed it out.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: