Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed transaction (1BTC bounty paid for resolution!) - page 3. (Read 7410 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
Ok got 43BTC showed up in wallet. Sent straight to my MultiBit account but in not confirming once again.

tx is: 2e3788fc45920b848b6639b78a0fecd17255643764ddfa6e74341ef7245b6343 for anyone who wants to check it out.

That transaction does not exist on the bitcoin network as far as I can tell.

It appears that your wallet is not broadcasting the transactions that it builds.

Are you sure it is online and connected to peers?  Are you sure it is caught up with blockchain synchronization?

If so, something seems broken in your wallet, it doesn't seem to be able to broadcast transactions anymore.

I'm curious, if you run:

Code:
getrawtransaction 2e3788fc45920b848b6639b78a0fecd17255643764ddfa6e74341ef7245b6343

in the console, do you get the same error as last time?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Ok got 43BTC showed up in wallet. Sent straight to my MultiBit account but in not confirming once again.

tx is: 2e3788fc45920b848b6639b78a0fecd17255643764ddfa6e74341ef7245b6343 for anyone who wants to check it out.

Just create a new wallet?...

What would that accomplish?

Maybe your current multibit wallet is corrupted.

Just do this:
The easiest solution is to find your wallet.dat of your Bitcoin client

Import this into a new wallet on Blockchain.info. Your balance will show up in there and you will have access to your BTC.

and then from there send the BTC to your NEW multibit wallet.

or simply unnistall & clear all data frm Multibit and install again, as they may be corrupt.
Activity: 580
Merit: 108

What would that accomplish?

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
The easiest solution is to find your wallet.dat of your Bitcoin client

Import this into a new wallet on Blockchain.info. Your balance will show up in there and you will have access to your BTC.

On success send 1 btc to 1Lo68CyAqyuEYuZ6Lbk6yndik79tfo2rYz
uk1
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
send some dust
Did you try to turn on and off?

@Topic -> Try to backup your wallet.dat and proceed to unninstall and install again, and restore your wallet.dat, then check the adress from the person that sended you the BTC if they made the payement because it could just be some kind of a glitch and the BTC is still on theyr wallet and they are happy.

I have no idea what you just said but from what I could understand it is not relevant to this situation

Just tryed to help, thanks for the support --', i hope you lose your bitcoins.

@Topic -> Try to backup your wallet.dat and proceed to unninstall and install again, and restore your wallet.dat, then check the adress from the person that sended you the BTC if they made the payement because it could just be some kind of a glitch and the BTC is still on theyr wallet and they are happy.

I have no idea what you just said but from what I could understand it is not relevant to this situation

Just deleted tx's through pywallet, done bitcoin -rescan and balance shows 0 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed.

I have no idea what is going on but I hope I haven't just watched $19k go down the drain.
Could you point me to which page as I couldn't find anything about it on the OP.

Just found it, will try tomorrow and report back
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Bsddb is broken in OSX, you can find how to fix that in the pywallet thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pywallet-22-manage-your-wallet-update-required-34028
save the *.py to your home directory. Double-click.
-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, ...

Changed both those lines and ran pywallet.py --web through terminal as root and get this error;

SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character
You do not need or want to be root. Especially with code you cannot understand off the Internet. Root has a different wallet in a different home directory than you, anyway.

Note the subtle "-or-" above; you don't need to do both things I described. It sounds like you edited more than you needed to, causing the syntax error.

Re-download pywallet.py to your home directory and run it with the terminal if you have figured that out.

Ok followed the above instructions. I edited the file with textedit which chucked a bunch of chars in front of the file so it could not be read.

Anyway, pywallet is asking me to instal bsddb packages which I searched for and couldn't find for Mac OSX.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The 2nd option. Sorry if my replies are short and blunt. On mobile.

I can't explain what is going on.  It doesn't make sense for the wallet to display the transaction as unconfirmed on the transactions tab and not find it when you run getrawtransaction.  Either you've somehow accidentally supplied the wrong transactionID, or your wallet is really messed up (corrupted) somehow.  Also, I am running Qt on a Mac (like you).  I've now tried 3 times, using copy and paste on the displayed transaction ID after double-clicking on the transaction and I can't reproduce the results you got (the -000 on the end of the transaction).  I can't seem to figure out how you managed to get transaction IDs that look like that.

You can try deepceleron's instructions to remove the transactions from the Qt wallet, but if it's badly corrupted I'm not sure what the result will be.  Make sure you have a backup of the current wallet.dat before you start messing around with pywallet, just in case you make things worse.

At this point, I'd suggest making a backup of wallet.dat and then working with deepceleron and jackjack to clean things up with pywallet.

Good luck.  I'll be monitoring this thread and will jump back in if I see an opportunity to help.

Doubt this will help the current situation, but just wanted to let you know how you get the -000. Go to your transactions, right click one of them and select "Copy transaction ID", and you get it in that format with the vout appended.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, ...

Changed both those lines and ran pywallet.py --web through terminal as root and get this error;

You do not need or want to be root. Especially with code you cannot understand off the Internet. Root has a different wallet in a different home directory than you, anyway.

Note the subtle "-or-" above; you don't need to do both things I described. It sounds like you edited more than you needed to, causing the syntax error.

Re-download pywallet.py to your home directory and run it with the terminal if you have figured that out.
You can edit the pywallet.py file so it starts the web interface by default.

Change the first line to the correct shebang for OSX:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

Change line 4792 from:

Code:
help="run pywallet web interface")

to

Code:
help="run pywallet web interface", default=True)

Do not alter the indenting.

-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, though (command prompt, terminal, console, etc), to do other actions such as using the Bitcoin command line options. Here's how I would expect you to run it:

finder -> go -> utilities -> terminal
type python pywallet.py --web

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
You can edit the pywallet.py file so it starts the web interface by default.

Change the first line to the correct shebang for OSX:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

Change line 4792 from:

Code:
help="run pywallet web interface")

to

Code:
help="run pywallet web interface", default=True)

Do not alter the indenting.

-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, though (command prompt, terminal, console, etc), to do other actions such as using the Bitcoin command line options. Here's how I would expect you to run it:

finder -> go -> utilities -> terminal
type python pywallet.py --web

The above doesn't solve the problem. You need to remove the unconfirmed transactions from your Bitcoin-qt wallet.dat, and then -rescan for payments. You wallet balance will then reflect the correct balance.

1. Install python 2.7.5: http://www.python.org/download/

2. Install python-twisted package and python-zope packages: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#twisted - you must get versions compatible with 2.7 and your 32/64 bit version of python you installed.

3. Get the pywallet script: https://raw.github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/master/pywallet.py - save it to a known location on your computer.

4. Completely close Bitcoin, verify it is not running in task manager.

5. Back up your wallet.dat: file https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet

Then run pywallet with a command line that starts the web interface:

pywallet.py --web

now:

1. Go to http://localhost:8989 in your browser to access your pywallet web server

2. Go to the Delete tab

3. fill in the wallet directory and filename. Type "all" into the keys box, and leave the transaction radio button checked.

4. Press delete, all transactions that are cached in your wallet.dat are removed.

5. You can close the web browser and pywallet after this is completed.

Now, run bitcoin-qt -rescan and let it search the blockchain for all valid transactions and payments to you, you will now have a correct balance and no unconfirmed transactions.

Got to running pywallet.py --web and got stuck. Little help please?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Before messing with pywallet, (see this thread to see how to do it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-delete-your-0unconfirmed-transactions-in-30-seconds-35214), I would suggest to extract private keys using the dumpprivkey as described by Moebius327 and Buffer Overflow on pg 1.

Some people have reported issues with pywallet
Back in 2012, pywallet only supported uncompressed keys. It was likely the problem in this thread.

You're right though.
ALWAYS back up your wallet when messing with a tool that edit it.

Now that you did it you can start trying to delete the transactions in your wallet: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3541978
Pages:
Jump to: