Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed transaction - page 2. (Read 540 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
January 03, 2021, 03:35:59 PM
The wallet.dat shows up in bitcoin core and lists the transaction, is it possible to still be an altcoin? Transaction details shows the value of transfer as BTC.
If it was originally in a Bitcoin Core data directory, it's most likely a Bitcoin wallet. The transaction didn't confirm for unknown reason, it could have been double spent, it could have just dropped out of mempool because of low (or zero) fee.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 03, 2021, 03:32:51 PM
Help - I am the recipient of a transfer that was never received from 2 years ago. It shows incoming to my Bitcoin Core Wallet but status is 0/unconfirmed and not in memory pool. The tx id does not show up on blockchain and other sites as if it does not exist.
From my experience in similar cases: are you sure you're taking about a Bitcoin wallet? It could have been a wallet.dat that belongs to an altcoin.
Either way, after 2 years, chances are the inputs moved already so your transaction can't exist anymore.

Thx for reply - The wallet.dat shows up in bitcoin core and lists the transaction, is it possible to still be an altcoin? Transaction details shows the value of transfer as BTC. I will look into altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
January 03, 2021, 03:20:45 PM
Help - I am the recipient of a transfer that was never received from 2 years ago. It shows incoming to my Bitcoin Core Wallet but status is 0/unconfirmed and not in memory pool. The tx id does not show up on blockchain and other sites as if it does not exist.
From my experience in similar cases: are you sure you're taking about a Bitcoin wallet? It could have been a wallet.dat that belongs to an altcoin.
Either way, after 2 years, chances are the inputs moved already so your transaction can't exist anymore.
Activity: 5
January 03, 2021, 02:53:06 PM
Help - I am the recipient of a transfer that was never received from 2 years ago. It shows incoming to my Bitcoin Core Wallet but status is 0/unconfirmed and not in memory pool. The tx id does not show up on blockchain and other sites as if it does not exist. But again it shows incoming, is it possible sender sent transaction then double spent or completely low balled fee to void transaction? Wouldn't that still show a record of txid?? I have also been researching CPFP but cant figure out how to execute it in BC. Any ideas or Help would be greatly appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
January 03, 2021, 02:13:51 PM
Unfortunately, since RBF is disabled and there is only one output, only the recipient can use CPFP to get it confirmed faster.
The history of the address you have posted lets me believe that it belongs to binance. In this case CPFP is not an option.

Using an accelerator doesn't work either, since the only one proven to work only accepts transactions with a fee of at least 10 sat/vB.

It seems like you'll have to wait. For the future, you might want consider to switch to a wallet where you can enable RBF and have full control over the fees.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
January 03, 2021, 12:45:14 PM
AFAIK, once it is unconfirmed due to the lowest fee, it will eventually be rejected by the Bitcoin network if your transaction is unluckily didn't accept.  It will approximately be estimated 1-7 days and back it your wallet.
Not quite. The default mempool expiry, which is the time it takes for an unconfirmed transaction to be dropped from the mempool, is set at a default of 336 hours, which works out to exactly 14 days. Nodes are free to change this, but most don't. The only other way it would drop prior to this would be if the mempool hit its maximum size, which is set to a default of 300 MB, although again nodes can change this setting. Since the mempool is only sitting at around 20 MB, this is very unlikely.

As I said above, if waiting for the transaction to drop then he will be waiting a couple of weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
January 03, 2021, 12:12:01 PM
No i cant do such those things you mentioned. So by waiting 72 hours it might be confirmed?
AFAIK, once it is unconfirmed due to the lowest fee, it will eventually be rejected by the Bitcoin network if your transaction is unluckily didn't accept.  It will approximately be estimated 1-7 days and back it your wallet.  So, next time if you are in hurry, you need to blindly accept the large fee or the fee recommended by the mempool.  I also suggest always use a Bitcoin Fee Calculator.

However, all suggestion above was right and if your wallet use for that transaction allows you to use this CBF or CPFP, then, there is a chance that your transaction might be boosted.  So far as of now, your transaction shows 0 confirmation.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
January 03, 2021, 09:12:06 AM
It is not flagged as RBF, and you don't control the only output for CPFP, so there is very little you can do here. Further, the mempool is continuing to fill, and it will likely only get worse once the weekend is over, meaning that there is only a very small chance of confirming within the next few days. I think there is a good chance your transaction will not be confirmed before nodes start dropping it in a couple of weeks' time.

Your options are limited to:
  • Ask the recipient to perform a CPFP
  • Wait for it to drop, then make a new transaction with a larger fee
  • Ask (and probably pay) a mining pool to prioritize it
Activity: 4
January 03, 2021, 12:02:12 AM
thanks alot for guiding me and wish you bests in new year
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 02, 2021, 09:51:10 PM
So by waiting 72 hours it might be confirmed?
Depends on whether the mempool gets less congested or not. You can monitor https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#0,24h and see if the 1sat/byte transactions are anywhere near 1MB.
I also have used this website to accelerate my transaction : https://bitaccelerate.com/
Does it have any results ?
No. It rebroadcasts[1] your transaction which shouldn't have any effect on your transaction unless it was poorly propagated which is not the case here.

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_accelerator
January 02, 2021, 09:46:56 PM
No i cant do such those things you mentioned. So by waiting 72 hours it might be confirmed? I also have used this website to accelerate my transaction : https://bitaccelerate.com/
Does it have any results ?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 02, 2021, 09:34:51 PM
Your transaction pays a transaction fee of 1 satoshi/byte. This puts it roughly at 22MB from the tip of the mempool, and each block shaves 1 MB of the tip of the mempool. It could take sometime before the transaction can be confirmed.

If you control the output address, you can do a CPFP by spending it with a higher fee to get it confirmed faster.
January 02, 2021, 09:22:30 PM
Pages:
Jump to: