Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed transaction lasting ~12h with fees. - page 2. (Read 2817 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 250
I have rebroadcasted it manually now so hopefully that should help.

Thanks!

May I ask you please how you can rebroadcast it manually. Thanks in advance.
https://blockchain.info/pushtx
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I have rebroadcasted it manually now so hopefully that should help.

Thanks!

May I ask you please how you can rebroadcast it manually. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
maybe some fix
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Its very hard to accurately predict the confirmation time as:

a) The time between mined blocks varies
b) The number of transactions in blocks varies
c) It's impossible to predict if transactions will be made in future that bump yours down the queue.
d) Unknown if the biggest miners have received your transaction of not.

So don't be surprised if the estimated confirmation time changes.

Agreed, that sounds hard. However the wild variations in the prediction turn this indicatior into something nearly useless. I've had transactions estimated to be confirmed within a few minutes, then 4 hours, then yay one confirmation! Wouldn't a more naive approach make more sense? E.g. taking into account only the position in the queue and some average block confirmation time, which would turn out to be around 7 minutes these days.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

c) It's impossible to predict if transactions will be made in future that bump yours down the queue.

As far as I can tell other than the transaction being very large there is nothing which should prevent it confirming.  I have rebroadcasted it manually now so hopefully that should help.

Thanks!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

As far as I can tell, other than the transaction being very large, there is nothing which should prevent it confirming.  I have rebroadcasted it manually now so hopefully that should help.
This has two inputs -- one of which results from several hundred transactions (So, cashing it out is going to take some space in the blockchain) and the other of which has a confirmed but fairly recent transaction (so it may be delayed a little while things that the transaction processors are more sure of go first). 

Did you include a tx processing fee, or is this thing queueing up for the very limited space in a block's free area? 

Hi, Cryddit. I transfered these from blockchain.info wallet.. they asked me to adjust the fees and I did it. as you can see i paid 0.0034 BTC in fees.

Now its been hours... like this.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
This has two inputs -- one of which results from several hundred transactions (So, cashing it out is going to take some space in the blockchain) and the other of which has a confirmed but fairly recent transaction (so it may be delayed a little while things that the transaction processors are more sure of go first). 

Did you include a tx processing fee, or is this thing queueing up for the very limited space in a block's free area? 

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
here's an idea: stop using blockchain.info's wildly inaccurate "estimated confirmation time"
Just so you know I did check again, it's saying two minutes now, but the queue position is just under 300.

Good luck. I'm not sure why it's taking so long then now, sorry.

Update

That estimated timer is still all over the place.

Looking over the blockchain one of the inputs has loads of micro transactions, and the other has a few very regular 5 BTC transactions.
still not went through im getting scared lol
Don't panic, just give it time more, it happens sometimes.
https://blockchain.info/tx/c07d47a5e1d023d0fd2c47c600a4ca178c7a2954754c88f3fb7f729bafb94539

will my transfer get throught ? its been like this for like 50mins

edit: ~12h passed.
Pages:
Jump to: