Pages:
Author

Topic: Unimpressed by MtGOX Slow Funds - 48 Hours and Counting - page 2. (Read 4992 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501
It took me 3 days to add funds to my dwolla account and then about 30-45 minutes last night to add money to mtgox from dwolla.  After that it worked great though.
legendary
Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000
I'm always selling MtGox USD for Western Union.
Fast and secure as btc, good trade references.
Pls pm me if interested.
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
Amusingly, one of the most convincing cases for Bitcoin can be demonstrated by the hoops you have to jump through to buy it.
legendary
Activity: 840

You might want to think about opening a Dwolla account and letting extra funds sit there. They'll be off MtGox in case shit goes down there from govt intervention, but they'll also be one quick step away in case you would like to add/remove to your position.
[/quote]

Yeah, Dwolla would be great, currently they aren't available in Canada though. Hopefully there won't be any govt intervention in the immediate future. Is mtgox USA based? I know their new wire transfer option goes to a Japan based bank, is I'm not mistaken.
Activity: 174
Merit: 101
Yea, it's the wire transfer process. MtGox has been rather quick to post funds when they *actually* arrive. I believe I waited 24+ hours as well after the funds had 'processed'.

Hopefully I'll have my funds soon then.

You might want to think about opening a Dwolla account and letting extra funds sit there. They'll be off MtGox in case shit goes down there from govt intervention, but they'll also be one quick step away in case you would like to add/remove to your position.
legendary
Yea, it's the wire transfer process. MtGox has been rather quick to post funds when they *actually* arrive. I believe I waited 24+ hours as well after the funds had 'processed'.

Hopefully I'll have my funds soon then.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
do better.
legendary
They told me 12 hours ago they had my money. I have emailed with them. The wire transfer through the banks was a different issue that I had already dealt with and wasn't what I was talking about. I used Paxum to transfer the funds which is a simple account to account transfer from mine to mtgox as far as I am aware. =)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
You are unimpressed by wire transfers not Mtgox. If they had your money you'd have your MtGoxUsd
legendary
Yeah, that would be a good idea for the future. Thanks for that tip. For now I'm waiting it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Money have tendency to travel slow when out of your control. But bills always come like a clock work - fast and on time. Go figure...
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, I've had a similar problem in the past. For me the solution was to purchase MtGox USD directly from somebody who had them in their MtGox account. That way I had the funds available immediately.
legendary
It has been almost 24 hours since adding my substantial funds to MtGox. I missed the latest rally, and am rather frustrated by it. I heard about Bitcoin when it was at 7, and after substantial research went through the process of wire transfers that took a week. I could have bought in at 11.5 yesterday when I added funds to mtgox, now I'll be lucky with 15. I realize things may be busy, but this is a tad crazy. I received an email almost 11 hours ago saying my funds had been processed, yet nothing appeared in my account. Then the rally to 14 began, and I sat back annoyed. I realize this comes with the Bitcoin territory, waiting for funds to transfer, but having uploaded my funds to mtgox nearly 12 hours before the rally to 14, and now still waiting after 24 hours,  I'm disappointed.

Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE:

It has now been 48 hours since transferring my money to mtgox. 36 since being told my funds were processed and would be added to me account shortly. I again... missed the rally to 17. I am putting thousands into Bitcoin, and right now this is like watching money burn.
I understand things must be busy, and it is only one guy so I commend him for the effort, but come on.

Anyone else wait 48+ hours?
Pages:
Jump to: