Pages:
Author

Topic: Uniswap discussion - page 7. (Read 2609 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 101
November 06, 2020, 01:44:40 PM
Couple of years ago DEX wasn't much popular than right now. People couldn't use it properly because lack of liquidity. That's why many DEX died also. But After Uniswap rise the whole picture is change about DEX exchange. Many promising DEX also coming now days which have lots of liquidity, volumes and much security like Uniswap. The way Uniswap going, i wouldn't surprise if it will take place over Binance.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
November 06, 2020, 09:50:47 AM
Does uni have any utility ?
UNI is a governance token.
I do not know what your goal is? If you really care about managing one of their major decentralized projects, then this is the token for you.
If you are interested in buying tokens for investment and then selling them, this is another question.
If you want to speculate, then you need to study this market.

From what I heard, UNI holders at some point will start receiving a share of revenue generated by Uniswap. I used Uniswap for the first time last week and it was a pretty fast and painless experience -- I can definitely see why people like it. Fees were a bit high but they are high for everybody right now.

It's a good project with a good token but a market cap of $500 million for such a new project scares me. It seems way too high, which leads me to believe that the price of the token will drop. But who knows, I could be wrong.

Now the owners of the pool liquidity tokens receive income on uniswap.
I wrote here that this is a very risky profit if you add liquidity to the shittoken pool.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xxxfinance-5275691

But uniswap gives us the ability to maintain a 50/50 balance sheet value of your assets. For example, if you add liquidity to the ETH/USDT pool.

Now UNI token is "Utility". If this token generates income, it will become a "Security" token.
The SEC will be happy to fine Uniswap Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
November 05, 2020, 04:02:01 PM
I do not know what your goal is? If you really care about managing one of their major decentralized projects, then this is the token for you.
If you are interested in buying tokens for investment and then selling them, this is another question.

From what I heard, UNI holders at some point will start receiving a share of revenue generated by Uniswap. I used Uniswap for the first time last week and it was a pretty fast and painless experience -- I can definitely see why people like it. Fees were a bit high but they are high for everybody right now.

It's a good project with a good token but a market cap of $500 million for such a new project scares me. It seems way too high, which leads me to believe that the price of the token will drop. But who knows, I could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
November 05, 2020, 08:51:58 AM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69
November 05, 2020, 02:28:05 AM
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
November 02, 2020, 08:32:36 AM

One of the attractive things or features of Uniswap is its huge volume and this is exactly what traders want and also the exact factor which has been limiting other Decentralized exchanges thus keeping them in hiding, but now Uniswap has broken the status quo and is now the center of attention for all Defi projects. Also, owing to the fact it is a Decentralized exchange and taking into account the unreliable nature of centralized exchanges nowadays regarding hacks and so on, people will continue seeing the need to use Uniswap which will further make it more attractive and the best Decentralized exchange as well.
However, being a Decentralized exchange, there is also a need to be careful of most projects listing there as scam projects can list easily.

Yes we've seen a lot of these fake tokens added there. If you are not careful to check it properly you could be buying the wrong token.  There are also some ICO is being done on Uniswap to which they add liquidity pool for their token and that their tokens are sold there. It's obviously a scam.

But generally, Uniswap is a big help for those who want to earn by joining the liquidity pool and also wanted to protect their privacy.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
November 02, 2020, 08:18:34 AM
I think that Uniswap has too big of a first mover advantage to be dethroned by any competitor. It is a similar situation as with the ETH and its later (gazillion tps) competitors which were claiming ad nauseam that they will replace ETH as the "default" smart contract protocol. Uniswap is here to stay if they manage to continue with the constant stream of developments.

Development is always the key for any project with a token in the market to become attractive to investors, UNISWAP is having a great momentum in the market because of the their Decentralized exchange and the many added features and they create a big noise because of the airdrop, UNISWAP is bringing something new to the community and the community react positively.

Agree, Uniswap provides a great DEX exchange alternative and attracts a lot of new users. Airdrop from Uniswap some time ago like giving rewards to its users and this makes its users loyal. The DEX exchanger that currently has a large volume of transactions is Uniswap and I think this is due to the ease of making transactions
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
November 02, 2020, 07:23:56 AM
I think that Uniswap has too big of a first mover advantage to be dethroned by any competitor. It is a similar situation as with the ETH and its later (gazillion tps) competitors which were claiming ad nauseam that they will replace ETH as the "default" smart contract protocol. Uniswap is here to stay if they manage to continue with the constant stream of developments.

Development is always the key for any project with a token in the market to become attractive to investors, UNISWAP is having a great momentum in the market because of the their Decentralized exchange and the many added features and they create a big noise because of the airdrop, UNISWAP is bringing something new to the community and the community react positively.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 02, 2020, 07:03:34 AM
I'm more interested in how uniswap is going to fight frontrunners. In dextools, one can only observe how they make money on ordinary traders. If you don't set the slippage to a lesser extent, there will certainly be a frontrunner who will make a deal in front of you and sell immediately after you.
November 02, 2020, 05:14:46 AM
with the services MyEtherWallet, Argent, Dharma, DeFi Saver, Nuo, Eidoo, Opyn, Furucombo, Monolith and Rebalance

I don't really understand. So the users of metamask are not included in the pool ?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
November 02, 2020, 04:32:17 AM
The second community vote in the history of Uniswap on the issue of holding a new airdrop for 5 million UNI tokens did not get enough votes. Almost 37.55 million tokens voted for the initiative from the Dharma landing project, while 1.28 million voted against it. A quorum of 4% token holders (40 million) is required to approve the offer.

If accepted, it was assumed that 5.05 million UNI will be distributed among 12,619 wallet addresses that interacted with the services MyEtherWallet, Argent, Dharma, DeFi Saver, Nuo, Eidoo, Opyn, Furucombo, Monolith and Rebalance before September 1. Everyone could get 400 Uniswap platform tokens (~$1000). In an interview with CoindDesk, Dharma co-founder Brendan Forster expressed regret at the outcome of the vote: "... While we are disappointed that proposition 2 was not approved, we remain committed to participating in the management of the Uniswap ecosystem..."   https://www.coindesk.com/uniswap-proposal-to-airdrop-more-uni-falls-short-in-governance-vote
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
October 21, 2020, 03:13:35 PM
One of the attractive things or features of Uniswap is its huge volume and this is exactly what traders want and also the exact factor which has been limiting other Decentralized exchanges thus keeping them in hiding, but now Uniswap has broken the status quo and is now the center of attention for all Defi projects. Also, owing to the fact it is a Decentralized exchange and taking into account the unreliable nature of centralized exchanges nowadays regarding hacks and so on, people will continue seeing the need to use Uniswap which will further make it more attractive and the best Decentralized exchange as well.
However, being a Decentralized exchange, there is also a need to be careful of most projects listing there as scam projects can list easily.
October 21, 2020, 05:40:30 AM
What guarantee do I have that the contract will work even if I come back after a year and that the site will not cease to exist or that it is also free of bugs ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
September 29, 2020, 07:12:50 PM

Uniswap has shown us all how much decentralized exchanges can be in demand
only they should work well technically
they should also be comfortable to use and should have good security.
Of course, by making an exchange like that it will make all transactions easier and of course when the first time introducing further decentralization, it must require high capital including Uniswap's move to distribute a lot of UNII to its traders, it will make many people use the exchange.

the coins that Uniswap handed out to their traders were immediately sold out
it was, of course
 a gorgeous promotion that boosted Uniswap's popularity
however
 I am personally more interested in the convenience and safety of use than the extra thousand bucks
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 28, 2020, 06:59:29 PM

Of course, by making an exchange like that it will make all transactions easier and of course when the first time introducing further decentralization, it must require high capital including Uniswap's move to distribute a lot of UNII to its traders, it will make many people use the exchange.
September 28, 2020, 06:48:13 PM

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
September 26, 2020, 04:10:29 AM
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
September 25, 2020, 11:54:40 PM
Yup. You are right, one of the Runways that people are most interested in now, especially after the last UNI airdrop distribution to its users. This is a decentralized trading protocol that is able to quickly read and analyze the needs of market demands, everything is easy and instant and can also use ERC20, it's just that the problem is the fairly high gas costs.
September 25, 2020, 07:47:27 PM
But later on, once the dust settled and the hype is over, we will know the true value of their UNI token. Right now, they are celebrating about their popularity in the market. But when people start to realize that most of these defi tokens are full of crap and no real use case, I guess their platform will slowly fade their marketability. For those defi token holders, think about their foundation, if they have nothing, better sell out before they go down the drain.

to find out its true value
 it is enough to wait for the defi bubble to burst
of course
 the Uniswap exchange will have its clients anyway
however
 its daily turnover and popularity will decline significantly
based on this
 we can conclude that the UNI token will become cheaper
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
September 24, 2020, 06:51:10 PM
I'm totally agree with your idea about uniswap. And it's crazy everything about this airdrop, this kind of marketing sometimes is good for the crypto world and other times is bad because only people for the speculation invest in these kind of coins

name at least one coin that is not invested in for the purpose of speculation?
they are all bought at the bottom and sold at the top
at least investors have exactly such goals
not everyone succeeds, but still

uniswap announced its token loudly
 this airdrop will be remembered and discussed for a long time
 that will fuel interest in the Uniswap token

But later on, once the dust settled and the hype is over, we will know the true value of their UNI token. Right now, they are celebrating about their popularity in the market. But when people start to realize that most of these defi tokens are full of crap and no real use case, I guess their platform will slowly fade their marketability. For those defi token holders, think about their foundation, if they have nothing, better sell out before they go down the drain.
I think there is no way UNI will perish that easily, I believe the future price will reach over $50 because I see a very good potential and because the influence of the Uniswap exchange will make the coin price always have very good price movements.
Pages:
Jump to: