Pages:
Author

Topic: United States CFTC Charges BitMEX Owners! - page 3. (Read 601 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
October 02, 2020, 07:02:20 AM
I am no fan of centralized exchanges, but this is nonsense. US citizens are not allowed to trade on BitMex, and BitMex itself is incorporated in the Seychelles. This is the US government/associated agencies trying to police the world again. Also, banks launder money in far greater amounts all the time, and instead just get slapped with measly little fines that they don't even feel. But as soon as a bitcoin exchange is suspected of the same thing, the owners are arrested? This should be seen as an attack on bitcoin.

If you have any funds on BitMex, I would be trying to withdraw them ASAP. If the FBI are arresting the owners, you can guarantee they will be trying to seize assets as well.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
October 02, 2020, 06:25:27 AM
It is not the first time for a panic to occur, but the occurrence of any problem related to withdrawal or liquidity or trading will cause this panic.
Khaled is famous for a lot of dark activities so be careful when you deal with them.
I do not think that anyone will withdraw a lot of money because of this news, and if you have put a lot of money on that platform then I think you know some rationale for that.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
October 02, 2020, 02:09:22 AM
Samuel Reed was apparently already arrested, while Arthur Hayes and company is apparently "at large". There was some rumours from some Twitter personalities last year about BitMEX already being somewhat "observed" by the fed, and up to yesterday everyone(including the U.S. BitMEX users) were being too comfortable with using the platform. And suddenly, BOOM, CTO/Co-Founder suddenly arrested. This news is completely nuts! Wouldn't be surprised if other exchanges(even the spot-trading ones) will come next.

Another reason to not unnecessarily store funds on exchanges, ladies and gentlemen.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
October 02, 2020, 12:59:13 AM
@GreatArkansas. They want everyone to relax hehehe.

Bitmex mass withdrawals might occur similar to a bank run after release of this news, I reckon. Its users should try to withdraw, however, it would not be shocking if Bitmex blocked them.

There is also the danger of a government takedown of the domain.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
October 01, 2020, 05:58:33 PM
So, there are still no effects as of now on the Bitmex users and still operational. But it's really scary. Do you have still funds on Bitmex and you still continue to trade here?

After i had able to read up the entire news then i do immediately withrawn all of my funds for the fear of some lock-up or being disabled.For now i do just let my funds do stay away on this platform and observe on what would be the next word, because i cant just let myself too confident on leaving my coins behind specially if you do know that U.S. Commodities and Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) is now involved.Next in line would be Binance and Bittrex.News like this can really trigger out some panic sell but i cant let myself not to believe into that possibility.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
October 01, 2020, 05:49:47 PM
Few hours ago US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) released a charges on Bitmex owners for illegal operating cryptocurrency  derivatives and anti-money laundering violation.
Here is the press release of CFTC: https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/8270-20

Charged Bitmex owners are Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed.

Bitmex already released their statement 2 hours ago regarding of the charges by CFTC here: https://blog.bitmex.com/united-states-cftc-doj-filing/
In the meantime, the BitMEX platform is operating entirely as normal and all funds are safe.

So, there are still no effects as of now on the Bitmex users and still operational. But it's really scary. Do you have still funds on Bitmex and you still continue to trade here?
Pages:
Jump to: