Pages:
Author

Topic: United we stand, divided we fall - the coming rise of cryptofiat - page 7. (Read 16459 times)

legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
Very good write-up David.  Enjoyed reading it. 
Seems like the community is doing a fine job "dividing" on its own, making easier for the banksters/governments to do the "conquering" part.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
A really great writeup and definetly true. Governments (well, not only govs, everybody) fear the loss of control. Idealism would be a soultion but in the current cynical days of political movements, this will be hard.
Idealism was always what brought the society on the next level, both in good ways and in bad ways, but generally you can say, that progressive movements (for equality and more freedom(for the 'small guy', not companys inherently)) are normally in advantage for society.
Let's hope, atleast for once, that, instead of a system, that only tries to gain power and survive, we get a good government, idealistic driven, which tries to do it for the people and a greater good, a government that will immigrate and bid it's, the own powers threatening, advancement welcome, instead of fighting it (Bitcoin)

Thanks for the writeup David
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Pretty powerful.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Interesting. Definitely following!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
This is a call to arms.
Cryptoland as a whole is entering into decadence. We are resting on our laurels because BTC reached 1000 dollars and even now it is three times its 2013 ATH.

Delusion of grandeur
While we are partying, the real competition1 is readying its weapons.
What? You really think banksters will disappear,  fiat will disappear, a several century-old institution (fiat currency) will disappear thanks to a 5-year old technology? That some 50 year-old people (maximum, most are in the 20-30's) could change one of the latest powers of nation-states? Even the European Union's euro has a hard time doing it and it is not that big of a change. If fiat exists for so long, it is not only because of the lack of a better technology. It is also because it suits us (mankind). "But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror."

First, let's dispense with the idea that they care a great deal about money. They don't. The currency they deal in is power. Money is merely an aspect or symbol of that power. Losing control of it it is catastrophic to the way they currently do business, but if you look at the history of rulership, they're incredibly adaptable. In America, they have turned a nation of renegades and individualists into a sociofascist empire that maintains and appearance of liberty. So, looking to that, how might blockchains be incorporated?

One that I find obvious is that they can hide their legerdemain in plain sight. Instead of fractional reserves, they have an adjustable rate of proof of stake, based on some metric they control. It appears that all money creation is above board and clean... but they control the metric.

I could go on for a while on the ways they might subvert the technology while APPEARING to "fix" the economic system. If they can come off as heroes, then they elevate themselves and again appear to be the benevolent overlords.

Update 3: How a state can destroy Bitcoin and, consequently, Bitcoin requires the implicit approval of a state: The Stateless Currency and the State: An Examination of the Feasibility of a State Attack on Bitcoin. Damn interesting.
And also State-sponsored cryptocurrencies

1. I don't like the word "enemy", it brings hate and I am like Churchill, I don't hate people, I just compete with them.
2. Sumbolon: which unites. Diabolon: which divides.
3. Forbidding prostitution doesn't work but doesn't cost money, for instance.
4. Full disclosure: I am a core team member of Monero, a currency whose main selling point is anonymity.
Pages:
Jump to: