Pages:
Author

Topic: Unmasking BTC-E.com - page 2. (Read 6740 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 01, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

...people even met Mark Karpeles in person, now there is a bankruptcy court proceeding going on, HOW DOES THAT HELP HUH?
Well I didn't say it can't, I said it's far less likely. If you are sitting on a fortune belonging to your clients and none of your clients know who you are the temptation to run off with it grows with the account balances. On the other hand, if they know who you are you are far less likely to be tempted. Karpeles clearly thought he was smarter than everyone else!
July 01, 2014, 08:18:26 PM
I thought BTC-e was a trustworthy exchange? I've heard good reviews about them. The site owners prefer to stay anonymous, don't they?

Staying anon is a good way not get targeted for blackmailed or robbed.

It's also a great way to:

a) Support criminal activities like money laundering.

Nothing wrong with that. The only reason money laundering is needed is because of the sate.

b) Avoid paying taxes

c) Steal your clients money

d) Avoid being answerable for anything

No credible financial organisation in the civilized world is allowed to be run this way, and for very good reason. So why is the world allowing BTC-e.com get away with this? If you post embarassing questions like 'Who are you?' on their forum here, they get deleted!  So i'm going to make it my mission to unmask them, anyone who wants to help, please PM me so we can organise.

Their continued existance in this form constitutes a HUGE threat to bitcoin, as we would very likely not recover from ANOTHER mt.Gox, so I would ask all bitcoin fans to support me in this.

You're a statist bootlicker and you're probably not even aware of it. There's nothing morally wrong with a) and b). BTC-e is the largest non-Chinese Bitcoin exchange for pretty much the reasons you are crusading against: anonymity and privacy, using your money they way you want, without having to worry about the threat of violence at the criminal hands of statist thugs.

There is also the argument that anonymous exchanges with no KYC are the ones that are laundering stolen BTC, we should be flushing them out for the good of the industry as a whole.  I'm only disappointed the Bitcoin Foundation has not taken a more pro-active stance on this situation.

There is no "Bitcoin Foundation", get a clue. There's a bunch of early adopters who got together to promote their self-interest, who are trying to fool people into believing that they have a say in what the free market decides.

What utter pseudo libertarian rubbish! Society is disincentivised from committing crimes by increasing the probability of getting caught and increasing the punishment when caught. So the owners of properly registered and fully transparent exchanges have almost zero incentive to run off with your money! and are far less likely to get away with it if they do!

Sir, you are experiencing Stockholm syndrome!

At least your last line made me laugh Smiley
But if you knew me, you would know you could not be further from the truth. I believe the likes of bitcoin is the greatest hope of dismantling the power of major corps and the corrupt rich few who run this world. But it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen (or it will get seriously delayed) if bitcoin gets another major kick in the nuts by a broken exchange running off with peoples money!
Activity: 433
Merit: 260
July 01, 2014, 12:52:09 PM
I thought BTC-e was a trustworthy exchange? I've heard good reviews about them. The site owners prefer to stay anonymous, don't they?

Staying anon is a good way not get targeted for blackmailed or robbed.

It's also a great way to:

a) Support criminal activities like money laundering.

Nothing wrong with that. The only reason money laundering is needed is because of the sate.

b) Avoid paying taxes

c) Steal your clients money

d) Avoid being answerable for anything

No credible financial organisation in the civilized world is allowed to be run this way, and for very good reason. So why is the world allowing BTC-e.com get away with this? If you post embarassing questions like 'Who are you?' on their forum here, they get deleted!  So i'm going to make it my mission to unmask them, anyone who wants to help, please PM me so we can organise.

Their continued existance in this form constitutes a HUGE threat to bitcoin, as we would very likely not recover from ANOTHER mt.Gox, so I would ask all bitcoin fans to support me in this.

You're a statist bootlicker and you're probably not even aware of it. There's nothing morally wrong with a) and b). BTC-e is the largest non-Chinese Bitcoin exchange for pretty much the reasons you are crusading against: anonymity and privacy, using your money they way you want, without having to worry about the threat of violence at the criminal hands of statist thugs.

There is also the argument that anonymous exchanges with no KYC are the ones that are laundering stolen BTC, we should be flushing them out for the good of the industry as a whole.  I'm only disappointed the Bitcoin Foundation has not taken a more pro-active stance on this situation.

There is no "Bitcoin Foundation", get a clue. There's a bunch of early adopters who got together to promote their self-interest, who are trying to fool people into believing that they have a say in what the free market decides.

What utter pseudo libertarian rubbish! Society is disincentivised from committing crimes by increasing the probability of getting caught and increasing the punishment when caught. So the owners of properly registered and fully transparent exchanges have almost zero incentive to run off with your money! and are far less likely to get away with it if they do!

Sir, you are experiencing Stockholm syndrome!

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
July 01, 2014, 11:40:46 AM

...people even met Mark Karpeles in person, now there is a bankruptcy court proceeding going on, HOW DOES THAT HELP HUH?
July 01, 2014, 11:27:20 AM
no exchange can be stopped from running with your coin. 
anonymous or not. 
we know this now. 
there is no penalty for stealing coin, only exchanging it for cash within us territories.  bitcoin, at least until proven so, is not a cia project.
btc is such a thing that sometimes the anonymous people are the ones necessary, first to start it and then to make it work.

complain all you want.  if you don't like an exchange don't use it.

though i'm not part of that crowd, and sometimes somewhat jealous of it, there's a reason btc exists, and that is, to support "activity" that some or most people may or may not be against.

FREEDOM
tss
Activity: 742
June 30, 2014, 12:19:28 AM
no exchange can be stopped from running with your coin. 
anonymous or not. 
we know this now. 
there is no penalty for stealing coin, only exchanging it for cash within us territories.  bitcoin, at least until proven so, is not a cia project.
btc is such a thing that sometimes the anonymous people are the ones necessary, first to start it and then to make it work.

complain all you want.  if you don't like an exchange don't use it.

though i'm not part of that crowd, and sometimes somewhat jealous of it, there's a reason btc exists, and that is, to support "activity" that some or most people may or may not be against.

FREEDOM
Activity: 547
June 29, 2014, 10:05:52 PM
Who knows now what activities do BTCE
June 29, 2014, 07:45:10 PM
lol what did btc-e did with you ? scam you no? do you think everyone is like mtgox because it happened 1 time btw i read that the btc was parked and they already found 200k btc? so what's your problem tell me pls...

I've already said what the case is against them, it's not personal, it's simply taking a decision to do something about an 'organisation' that poses a real
threat to the future of bitcoin. And THAT is something I believe in.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 29, 2014, 06:36:17 PM
lol what did btc-e did with you ? scam you no? do you think everyone is like mtgox because it happened 1 time btw i read that the btc was parked and they already found 200k btc? so what's your problem tell me pls...
legendary
Activity: 1178
Hodling since 2011.®
June 29, 2014, 06:29:51 PM
Just another asshole payed for subversive shit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 29, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
Why try and hunt them down?  BTC-e is the only exchange I half way trust these days.  I have used them for a few years now and NEVER an issue with them.

I'm not against BTC-e, I just want to point out the fallacy in your argument by using an example: many folks used Mt. Gotx for years and NEVER had an issue, until the issues began.
Any exchange can be brought down should enough pressure be brought to bear on it--all at once, from many different directions.

The strength of bitcoin, and why it is impervious to the failure of any one exchange, is in its protocol, and with the integrity and the chronological order of the block chain as enforced through cryptography.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
June 29, 2014, 04:09:37 PM
Why try and hunt them down?  BTC-e is the only exchange I half way trust these days.  I have used them for a few years now and NEVER an issue with them.

I'm not against BTC-e, I just want to point out the fallacy in your argument by using an example: many folks used Mt. Gotx for years and NEVER had an issue, until the issues began.
June 29, 2014, 04:02:25 PM
What is your reasoning behind this thread? Did you personally lose money or coins to them?

Leave BTC-E alone.
My interest is in the future of bitcoin and avoiding a repeat of mt.Gox, what's yours in defending them?
If the future of btc depends on you and your crusade were doomed. I don't care who they are... it's simple don't trade on btc-e tell to your classmates too.
Well it's that kind of selfish apathy that allows them to flourish. And I never said the future of bitcoin depends on me, but I do believe that another major exchange scandal could be a body blow to the value of bitcoin, and i'm willing to bet there are more than a few here care about that! even if you dont!

While you are certainly right that Bitcoin needs to eliminate the bad players to move forward for broader adoption I am curious as if this sort of thing and the attempt to unmask them might just cause them to run away. Wouldn't that do more harm than good in that case because it would instantly create another scandal.

I can see however arguing better the scandal take place now than later.

What are everyones thoughts? I'm certainly curious.
If this causes them to 'run off' then yes it would undoubtebly cause a lot of people pain, but still better done than not. If on the other hand this forces them to come clean, then that also can only be better for the community in that they can then make an informed choice on whether to trade with them.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Online at CoinFire.io
June 29, 2014, 03:50:50 PM
What is your reasoning behind this thread? Did you personally lose money or coins to them?

Leave BTC-E alone.
My interest is in the future of bitcoin and avoiding a repeat of mt.Gox, what's yours in defending them?
If the future of btc depends on you and your crusade were doomed. I don't care who they are... it's simple don't trade on btc-e tell to your classmates too.
Well it's that kind of selfish apathy that allows them to flourish. And I never said the future of bitcoin depends on me, but I do believe that another major exchange scandal could be a body blow to the value of bitcoin, and i'm willing to bet there are more than a few here care about that! even if you dont!

While you are certainly right that Bitcoin needs to eliminate the bad players to move forward for broader adoption I am curious as if this sort of thing and the attempt to unmask them might just cause them to run away. Wouldn't that do more harm than good in that case because it would instantly create another scandal.

I can see however arguing better the scandal take place now than later.

What are everyones thoughts? I'm certainly curious.
June 29, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
legendary
Activity: 1178
Hodling since 2011.®
June 29, 2014, 03:25:30 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
June 29, 2014, 03:15:32 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
June 29, 2014, 03:03:10 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
June 29, 2014, 02:35:21 PM
Again, this thread is not about who BTC-e have NOT been a problem for, mt.gox was not a problem for thousands of people, right up until they walked off with their money (allegedly).

However, I will take your point on lets start collating and naming people who have lost money at BTC-e.com, if you have please step forward and i'll add you to list on post 1.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
June 29, 2014, 02:24:42 PM
Well I use BTC-e all the time and a bunch of others I know also use them...never an issue.  I am guessing most of the users that had problems have newer accounts here?  Show me where someone lost coins on BTC-e?
Pages:
Jump to: