Pages:
Author

Topic: Upcoming 25 Year Great Depression...!!! - page 2. (Read 5629 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
November 17, 2014, 06:03:01 PM
Full employment economy ended in the mid 1990s when NAFTA was signed and it became socially acceptable for companies to outsource their manufacturing plants to China and Mexico.   This is when the "depression" started for people on mainstreet and it has been going on strong for over 20 years now. 
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
November 17, 2014, 03:12:58 PM
There is a strong possibility of this unfolding. Sadly.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
November 17, 2014, 09:58:52 AM
Jim Rickards, the Financial Threat and Asymmetric Warfare Advisor for both the Pentagon and CIA, has forecasted that the next Great Depression will start in 2015 and it will last for 25 long years. While there have been reports about the threat of a downturn in US economy, the fear of a $100 trillion American meltdown is really scary.
-snip-
The world economy only has a GDP of ~$90 trillion so I would find it very unlikely that the US economy would shrink by $100 trillion. I also don't think anyone in the CIA would be qualified to make these kinds of economic predictions.

the 100t i think refers to lost wealth be it stocks, value of property etc. not just gdp. a global financial crisis would crush the GDP of most countries but more than that it would wipe out the wealth of nations ie. the value of their assets, commodities, property, paper wealth(stocks bonds etc). the latter is what is being referred to when it mentions "$100 trillion American meltdown" apposed to GDP alone..
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
November 17, 2014, 08:53:29 AM
Honestly, the very first reason the author gives makes the whole article irrelevant.
Just another US national debt FUD.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
November 17, 2014, 01:36:24 AM
Our future financial obligations definitely present a major problem. Real national debt in the US is larger than the entire global economy. Painful choices will have to be made at some point but there are so many other factors in play. We are at the beginning of what will be one of the biggest oil booms in world history and that will definitely be a factor. Cheap energy is one of the fastest ways to grow an economy.

The debt issue is lurking for sure but it is not an imminent threat as the economic eschatologists would have us believe.   
Most of the real debt is in the form of entitlement obligations and such obligations can easily be lowered via legislation. I would also argue that these obligations will not cause the kind of long term economic woes that the OP is claiming will happen to the US
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
November 17, 2014, 12:46:09 AM
US economy is recovering, everyone knows it
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 16, 2014, 01:03:19 PM
Our future financial obligations definitely present a major problem. Real national debt in the US is larger than the entire global economy. Painful choices will have to be made at some point but there are so many other factors in play. We are at the beginning of what will be one of the biggest oil booms in world history and that will definitely be a factor. Cheap energy is one of the fastest ways to grow an economy.

The debt issue is lurking for sure but it is not an imminent threat as the economic eschatologists would have us believe.   
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 16, 2014, 12:11:44 PM
25 years of prediction? No way you can predict the future for so long. So many economists have been wrong. What is for certain tho, is the fact we are fucking within our current system.
Activity: 349
November 16, 2014, 12:08:42 PM
Again a post making wild claims without evidence...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2014, 05:22:07 PM
Basically when you look at a crisis, all you can do is tell what happened, but it becomes very hard to explain why the people, at that time, decided to take those decisions. Often, those crisis are not human made, they just result from a certain combination of involuntary mistakes and lack of communication between the concerned parties.

If you knew anything about currency history you'd realise that the great depression was no accident, many of the problems we see happening on the surface are a direct symptom of what is being done in secret.
Activity: 364
November 15, 2014, 05:14:20 PM
Jim Rickards, the Financial Threat and Asymmetric Warfare Advisor for both the Pentagon and CIA, has forecasted that the next Great Depression will start in 2015 and it will last for 25 long years. While there have been reports about the threat of a downturn in US economy, the fear of a $100 trillion American meltdown is really scary.
-snip-
The world economy only has a GDP of ~$90 trillion so I would find it very unlikely that the US economy would shrink by $100 trillion. I also don't think anyone in the CIA would be qualified to make these kinds of economic predictions.
Activity: 126
November 15, 2014, 02:34:25 PM
If you Have cash i think better choose it is real estate. You will Have a really great probability to gain in next five/ten years.
Activity: 336
November 15, 2014, 08:18:40 AM

Stay out of debt too.  Debt in deflation is a killer.

So if I have a £1000 overdraft with the banks and there's a global financial meltdown won't the banks (who are now almost none existent) just write my debt off? If the system is broken who will be left to prosecute me to recover my debt?

The meltdown won't happen overnight, it's taking years. There'll be some mergers and bail-outs and whichever bank takes over your bank will demand that you re-pay the debt.
Activity: 294
November 15, 2014, 01:14:50 AM

So if I have a £1000 overdraft with the banks and there's a global financial meltdown won't the banks (who are now almost none existent) just write my debt off? If the system is broken who will be left to prosecute me to recover my debt?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
November 15, 2014, 12:49:12 AM

NO ONE can reliably predict the future, it's just too complicated with too many unknowable factors out there.  Although there ARE many bad distortions in our economy that are visible to those who will look...

One important idea for individuals is to become your own Central Bank!  Diversification, fishez!

-- Gold (silver, platinum)
-- Stocks and bonds
-- Real estate
-- CA$H at home, enough for three - six months if possible
-- Etc.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 14, 2014, 10:58:34 PM
Thanks Nostradamus. Can you tell my my fortune also?

This is 100% useless crap
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
November 14, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
A depression for 25 years... This could really be the lost generation.
People talk about those who came of age during Japan's lost decade; this could replicate it on a global stage.
Activity: 294
November 14, 2014, 06:32:59 PM
Indeed. You shouldn't put down to malice what can be attributed to stupidity.

Paraphrased from a famous quote.
Activity: 154
November 14, 2014, 10:27:48 AM
Basically when you look at a crisis, all you can do is tell what happened, but it becomes very hard to explain why the people, at that time, decided to take those decisions. Often, those crisis are not human made, they just result from a certain combination of involuntary mistakes and lack of communication between the concerned parties.
BRE
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014
Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations
November 14, 2014, 09:40:53 AM
It will happen , History write World War 1 & 2 solved this problem.
Sooo maybe World War 3 will fixed this problem ?
Pages:
Jump to: