Pages:
Author

Topic: Update Google Chrome now! - page 2. (Read 528 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 15
March 12, 2019, 09:14:04 AM
Tor and Brave browsers are my choice.
I don't like Google Chrome due to their bad history on security.
Serious issues rarely happen, but when it happen, it is certainly very serious.
I meant the significance of issues when it occur
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
March 12, 2019, 08:37:20 AM
Strangely my client was already updated before I even checked. When was the last stable release rolled out?

It's due to auto update or maybe you already installed the latest version. See dmr post above, the issue was made public last week and fixed.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
March 12, 2019, 07:19:08 AM
I use Google Chrome only in time when Ledger Nano S was using them for their apps, but for me personally much better browser is Mozilla Firefox, Opera or recently Brave. Every browser should have automatic notification about updates, and I know Firefox have such features so I never miss any update. What is even stranger that Chrome is not have automatic restart after update, this should be something that happens automatically, and Firefox is doing that every time after update, without user intervention.

My advice is that after browser is started always check manually for update, in Firefox that option is under Help tab / About Firefox.

I am not sure whether other browsers based on Chrome/Chromium core engine are also affected with this critical vulnerability, so no matter which browser you are using make update to be safe.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
March 12, 2019, 07:17:01 AM
Strangely my client was already updated before I even checked. When was the last stable release rolled out?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
March 12, 2019, 06:07:08 AM
Updating software is always a good security practice.

One more important thing is to use a non administrator account for daily use. So these attacks cannot do much
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
March 12, 2019, 05:19:03 AM
Although the exploit was really detected and resolved over a week ago (see Disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms), and chrome’s auto-update should have dealt with it, not everybody has the auto-update settings active.

Although the official above link does not reference it, various alternative articles on the topic indicate that the browser needs to be restarted in order for the fix to be effective. The update should be in place if your chrome version is 72.0.3626.121 or above.
Activity: 168
Merit: 214
WhoTookMyCrypto.com
March 12, 2019, 12:00:38 AM
Haven't seen this posted here but it sounds serious.

According to the article, "we are talking about a full exploitation that escapes the sandbox and leads to remote code execution". This means that it allows the attacker to access someone else's computing device and make changes, no matter where the device is geographically located.

How to update google chrome? See this article.

Cheers.

Pages:
Jump to: