Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 56. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
but is it for the 4gb or 8gb models?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
It should. All reference models are same with different stickers and packaging.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Haven't had time to read all the replies.. sorry for that.

For the linux guys.

Rom is here: Here

For Windows 10 users, you can do this:

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.
iii) Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

If this fails for some reason, you can reboot with Signature checks disabled by rebooting into advanced options (Hold left shift key while hitting reboot button) and hit F7.

You need to copy the modified atikmdag.sys file into your drivers folder as well (C:/Windows/System32/Drivers)

File can be found here: Here

Rom has modified timings and higher limits. (Memory 2275, higher tdp limit...)

I'll do an energy friendly rom later this week.

For the Windows 7 users, i'll look into that this week.

Greetings

Thanks for sharing!

all 480 card can use this rom?

No. It is just for the reference AMD RX 480. But that cards has only 6 pin PCIE connector. So you have to be careful.

It works with ASUS RX480 reference ?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

For the linux guys.

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.

If this fails for some reason, you can reboot with Signature checks disabled by rebooting into advanced options (Hold left shift key while hitting reboot button) and hit F7.

You need to copy the modified atikmdag.sys file into your drivers folder as well (C:/Windows/System32/Drivers)

Greetings

Thanks for sharing!

No. It is just for the reference AMD RX 480. But that cards has only 6 pin PCIE connector. So you have to be careful.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

For the linux guys.

Greetings

Thanks for sharing!

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
any detail tutorial for newbie ? im never flash any bios, and this is my first experience, i want to try it, but im afraid to break my vga.

I second on that!

Step by step tutorial with screenshots will help us - newbies

Activity: 308
any detail tutorial for newbie ? im never flash any bios, and this is my first experience, i want to try it, but im afraid to break my vga.

For the linux guys.

Greetings

Thanks for this, as a Windows 10 user, I would rather boot into linux off a flash drive, update the bios using your rom and then reboot into Windows to not have to disable signing and integrity checks built into Windows.

I am familiar with flashing and modifying Nvidia roms via CLI/DOS but have never done it Linux.

Would you (or another person with the knowledge that is reading this) be willing to put together a steps list in order to flash your rom via Linux or even better an ISO with the drivers built in so we can quickly/easily update to your ROM?

I'm very interested to see the results of the power saving rom you create.

EDIT: If I'm understanding the Windows link correctly, We can't use this rom without first using the modded file for Windows and this is what requires the signing/integrity checks to be turned off... So I answered my own question here somewhat lol

Now to decide if I want to switch to Linux...
Activity: 952
Merit: 508

For the linux guys.

Greetings

Thanks for this, as a Windows 10 user, I would rather boot into linux off a flash drive, update the bios using your rom and then reboot into Windows to not have to disable signing and integrity checks built into Windows.

I am familiar with flashing and modifying Nvidia roms via CLI/DOS but have never done it Linux.

Would you (or another person with the knowledge that is reading this) be willing to put together a steps list in order to flash your rom via Linux or even better an ISO with the drivers built in so we can quickly/easily update to your ROM?

I'm very interested to see the results of the power saving rom you create.

EDIT: If I'm understanding the Windows link correctly, We can't use this rom without first using the modded file for Windows and this is what requires the signing/integrity checks to be turned off... So I answered my own question here somewhat lol

Now to decide if I want to switch to Linux...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

For the linux guys.

Greetings

Thanks for sharing!

Is this for the 4gb or 8gb reference card, or will it work for both?
Activity: 164

For the linux guys.

Greetings

Thanks for sharing the excellent work. Would that work on the Windows 8.1. I have used that for quite long time.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

For the linux guys.

Greetings
Activity: 44
 Grin Thank you for sharing!!!!!
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
So uhm, yeah, i managed to get my custom rom running on Windows 10 by bypassing that aweful signature check :p
(Kudo's to Gupsterg and Lordkag for that)
Decided to create a new thread because my other threads are becoming a serious mess..

Reason why using claymore's,  couldn't directly get Genoil's to detect my card  Roll Eyes My apologies for that..

Results.

First run (no mod): 24Mh+ : Core clock 1275, Mem Clock 2000

Larger image: Here

Second run (modded): 28Mh : Same clocks, so: 1275, 2000

Next run (still modded): 30.5 - 31Mh : Lowered core to 1192 and raised memory to the (for now) max of 2250.

Then, for my final(for now) run: 31.5-32Mh : Raised core to 1220 and raised memory to 2275  Tongue

Will be doing more tests later, i'm sure i'll be able to go over 32Mh.
Great thing about this, when i ran the first testrun with stock clocks, card was at around 60 degrees and no abnormal fan speed.

Overall, awesome card Smiley

Power usage tests will follow later when i'm done tweaking my rom to the sweet spot Smiley

Greetings!

So 32mh just eth shows 120 watts gpu-z

I can do 26mh just eth and show 85 watts in gpu-z

So 35 watts does 6mh. That is pretty good scaling for the extra 6mh

Can you still set the card back to 26mh and 85 watts via lower clocks on the custom bios.

The ability of both without a re flash would be nice.

If you run six of these cards on a mobo it looks like you can use a single psu.

Be careful, these are  ot direct readings. Check the power consumption with a real watt-meter at the wall, and derive the amount from the idle value. With the latest settings I wouldn't be surprised to see a power consumption of 140/150W
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Here is link to Polaris bios editor, there are threads on OCN, Reddit, etc by author/users with interest in bios mod.
Gup

It's good to see the Polaris editor allows you to modify the memory straps.  Can you explain what they mean?  I can guess that 2 of the numbers are the RAS/CAS cycle times, but I can't figure out any of the other memory strap numbers.
Do you know of any editors for the Pitcairn, Hawaii, or Tonga that let you modify the memory straps?
Activity: 308
i have question, Will you release a tutorial to mod bios etc. ? it's work at non-reff rx 480? how about saphire nitro+ oc or powercolor devil  Rx 480 ?
Activity: 8
Greetings forum members Smiley ,

I had no hand in creating the patched atikmdag.sys , it is all Lordkag of Fernando's Win-Raid forum work Wink .

My only contribution is contacting Lordkag for another issue I needed help solving with Fiji custom ROM and asking if he knew of a fix to allow custom ROM usage on Polaris.

IIRC and what I understand, he has highlighted the permanent solution would entail driver/patch being signed and no need to disable driver signing in OS to use the patch. I have no ETA on when this would occur.

I would kindly & respectfully ask members using the Lordkag patched atikmdag.sys to make a donation on Fernando's Win RAID forum as way of thanks & appreciation for the help.

Here is link to Polaris bios editor, there are threads on OCN, Reddit, etc by author/users with interest in bios mod. Now we can use it thanks to Lordkag patch on driver Smiley and AFAIK the patch is for atikmdag.sys for Windows 10 driver.

All the best
Gup
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Is there any possabillity we might see this kind of custom roms for sapphire nitro 480 ?

Maybe you have to do the mod yourself after he release how he did it. I guess that he changed the memory strap.

As I posted before, it seems the only way to change memory straps is using a hex editor on the bios file once you've figured out the memory layout.
I'd love to see someone make a BIOS editor that lets you change memory straps.
As far as I have read. This is only win10 compatible.

Correct me if I am wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 Eliovp

I see this mod is possible due to patched atikmdag.sys and requires win10 in "test" mode with signature enforcement disabled.
Will this also work with win7/8.1? Will we just need the patched atikmdag.sys from win7 driver package?
Ok. Here is a link to the post and patched file. You will have to register on that forum to download it. If you have benefits from that post, consider donating to that forum or users who made it happen.

There is also a link on how to disable signature check in win10 permanently.

All credits to lordkag and gupsterg.

And of course post your results.

http://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY-19.html#msg30028
Pages:
Jump to: