Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATED !] FPGA Build India - page 2. (Read 4127 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
May 22, 2013, 02:14:11 PM
FPGA can be done right away, but it is around $350 which is the main issue I am seeing

ASIC will depend on when Avalon sends their chips, design will be the Klondike board as it does not make sense to redesign everything when there's a ready to go design available
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 22, 2013, 02:01:24 PM
My opinion,
FPGAs like the Lancelot 400 Mh/s sell for 3-4 btc, might be good for starters, Not much in terms of ROI.
Assemble an ASIC , send one the mod if he vets it yore in business. Chips odered take 10 weeks to arrive.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 22, 2013, 01:58:44 PM
I would definitely buy a custom made miner.. problem is whether anyone in India has the expertise do it.. I read somewhere on the forum about a list of people who can do so.. but mostly Europeans were listed. If you have the knowledge and the expertise to do it... then please go ahead... you already have a buyer here  Smiley
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
May 22, 2013, 01:50:54 PM
Hi guys,

Was just considering this as an idea,

All in one miner,
RasberryPi as the host (with Cgminer or BFGminer)
4 x BlockEruptor USB miner

RaberryPi = Around Rs, 3000 = $53.66 = 0.413 BTC
4 x USB miner = 1.99 BTC each (if we buy direct from Friedcat) or else 2.1 BTC each (if we buy from another group buy)

Total would be around,

CASE 1 :
1.99 * 4 = 7.96 BTC
RasberryPi = 0.413 BTC
Total = 8.373 BTC

CASE 2 :
2.1 * 4 = 8.4 BTC
RasberryPi = 0.413 BTC
Total = 8.813 BTC

Would mine at around 380 Mhash/sec (?) * 4 = 1520 Mhash/sec or 1.5 Ghash

Power usage would be very very less though,
RasberryPi is powered by a microUSB (like the mobile ones)
2.5watt for the rPi + 2.5 watt*4 for the the USBminer = 12.5 watts

------------
This is a rough estimation, correct me if I am wrong Smiley

--------
old topic :
I had recently been contacted by a member from here to start work on a FPGA* or an ASIC**, before I start any type of work on it, I'd like to know, if people would want something like this ? As I've started various things in the past and they have lead to nowhere, well no one to blame but myself because I did not do much research before starting it off, so this time I'd like to ask the community members before I start Smiley

* = FPGA would yeild about 100 Mhash/sec or so
** = ASIC would be using Avalon Chips

Thanks again!

Small update:
I have just received word that Benson is already working on the ASICs so, I have withdrawn the ASIC option Smiley I will continue to work on the FPGA as long as there is demand for that.

Update 2 :
New mining board idea and Calculation at the bottom
Pages:
Jump to: