Pages:
Author

Topic: Upgraded to 0.96 building database takes long - page 2. (Read 1690 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I'm using Bitcoin core version 0.13.0.

The blkxxxxx.dat files under Bitcoin data dir /blocks are 127-128 MB except for blk00000, blk00001, blk00002 and blk00003 (which are 1.95GB, 1.95GB, 1.95GB and 1.53 GB respectively). The last blk file is indeed blk00852.data
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
Are you using a very old copy of the chain? How big are the first blkXXXXX.dat files in your blockchain data folder?
legendary
Bitcoin core is fully synced. What can be wrong? Why is it not seeing the block data?
legendary
Armory Developer
-INFO  - 18:51:13.306: (..\DatabaseBuilder.cpp:268) parsed block file #852

You are short like 5GB worth of block data.
legendary
So only armorydb.exe (not armoryqt.exe)?

Yes

Ok I'm running the bitcoin core client now to sync back up (15 hours behind) and then I'll try it and report back.

I have an alternative datadir and satoshi datadirr so I run it like:

ArmoryDB.exe --datadir=LOCATION --satoshi-datadir=LOCATION  ?

BTW:
I went into the settings (ArmorySettings.txt) and saw that a setting called: Wallet_MYWALLETNAME_BelongsTo is unset. Is that related in anyway?
legendary
Armory Developer
So only armorydb.exe (not armoryqt.exe)?

Yes
legendary
So only armorydb.exe (not armoryqt.exe)? With ArmoryDB.exe --datadir=LOCATION --satoshi-datadir=LOCATION

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor @ 2.80 GHz (6-core)
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD6800 video card
legendary
Armory Developer
For some reason you managed to get the mem leak bug. Shutdown Bitcoin Core and start the DB alone. What are your system specs btw?
legendary
Processor was low (a few percent) RAM of the system was changing between 95-99%. The Armorydb.exe process started at 3 GB and slowly bled down until 0.7 GB over time but the total system RAM stayed at 95-99% (I have 8 GB of RAM).

Anyway just now, windows gave me a popup asking me to close armorydb.exe to prevent information loss since the system was low on resources. I declined but it crashed slightly later anyway. Is 8GB of RAM not enough anymore to run Armory?
legendary
Armory Developer
What's the process CPU load? RAM load?
legendary
It just changed to 1% (1.5 months). Is this really going to take 100 times longer? Sad Can I run with lower RAM usage (maybe also CPU?) as the PC is completely unusable now. If I move the mouse it doesn't react for a few minutes.

Edit:

After a lot of waiting I managed to check the write time stamps of the logs. Dblog.txt has not been written to in 17 hours, armorycpplog.txt and armorylog.txt have not been written to in 16.5 hours.

Edit:

Over an hour later then my previous post and 2% 3 weeks now

legendary
The process is a bit further (it passed build databases) but at least since 7 hours ago (maybe more it was in the am) it's been stuck on "scanning transaction history" 0% 4 months.

Anything I can do? Is it likely still going ok? Any idea how much more it should take? (I can't use my main computer).

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Armory Developer
There is nothing in your log indicating an issue, just let it finish.
legendary
Armory Developer
Post your dbLog. If you want to see the command prompt, you'll have to start ArmoryDB from within a prompt.
legendary
It seemed to run pretty well, up until the moment it says it takes 4 seconds more for building databases. It's been hanging there for an hour now. There is no open command line window like last time to see what the progress is. Is it still continuing or did it hang here?  (I have the task manager running and I see the RAM usage of ArmoryDB is still slowly going up: about 2.55 GB).
legendary
Armory Developer
Ok, doing that now. All default settings? (so e.g. for RAM)

Yes

And do I need to re-delete the database or can I keep the current state?

No
legendary
Ok, doing that now. All default settings? (so e.g. for RAM)

Edit:

And do I need to re-delete the database or can I keep the current state?
legendary
Armory Developer
I explicitly told you to use the testing builds.

Sorry you did. After I started the process already though (I thought I removed this topic). Did you want me to kill the process and start over?

It's now at block #610, how many more are there?

Another 300 or so. Kill the process and use the version I pointed you to.
legendary

Sorry you did. After I started the process already though (I thought I removed this topic). Did you want me to kill the process and start over?

It's now at block #610, how many more are there?
legendary
Armory Developer
Pages:
Jump to: