Pages:
Author

Topic: Urgent Help. recover stuck transaction from phishing attack?? - page 2. (Read 402 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 4
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The transaction has now been confirmed on the blockchain & I am past the point of no return. I never though I would fall victim to a phishing scam as I'm usually pretty good at spotting these things. Unfortunately it was late & I was tired otherwise I may have spotted it. Therein lies a lesson.   
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
Hi hope i can help, here is a video you can follow watch the whole video and follow steps. You may need your wallet phrase or key. You can thank me later then if it worked.
-snip-
That's a quite old video.
With the current rules, it wont work because most nodes wont accept the replacement transaction if the it has no RBF flag.
Secondly, localbitcoins (if there was something special with their push service) now uses Blockstream's esplora to push transaction that wont also accept the replacement txn.
Activity: 186
Merit: 1
 Hi hope i can help, here is a video you can follow watch the whole video and follow steps. You may need your wallet phrase or key. You can thank me later then if it worked.
 Video here:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycq7O48aPvQ
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Unfortunately RBF is still not supported in Wasabi because the developers did not want to implement it.
Options are incredibly limited in this case Undecided

Pretty much the only way to get this sorted would be to manually craft a "competing" transaction and then get a miner to include it manually in their transaction pool.

Attempting a double spend is going to be very very difficult. The vast majority of nodes will outright reject it, so network propagation will be very limited, assuming you can even find another node that will accept it in the first place! Undecided

Personally, I would be trying to contact some of the major mining pools to see if they would even consider this request. 1.5 BTC is quite a substantial loss... condolences. Undecided Sad
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
I don't know if double spend will work on the non-RBF transaction as others said here it wouldn't work but you can try your luck building a new transaction with the same inputs.

Try to use the tool from coinb.in I suggest you to download the latest version of their tool because their page isn't updated yet to the latest one. The latest one works fine to me without any issue on rebuilding the transaction.

Here's the link for the latest one https://github.com/OutCast3k/coinbin/releases/tag/1.6

And open it on any browser and look for "New" then transaction. After that load your TxID and edit the outputs if where you want to send them and make sure to calculate and increase the transaction fee.
Once you have the raw transaction copy them and sign it in your wallet and broadcast it here https://coinb.in/#broadcast
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
In that case OP, your options are limited. You could import your seed phrase to a new wallet, and then create and broadcast a competing transaction which pays a higher fee and sends your coins to one of your own addresses instead. However, the vast majority of nodes would reject this as a double spend and so this new transaction would be very unlikely to be mined unless the original is not confirmed for 14 days and drops from the mempool. However, the scammer could continually rebroadcast the first transaction to ensure it doesn't drop.

The only other option, then, is to see if you can find a mining pool which will accept a payment to directly include your new transaction in one of their blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Having said that, the last time I used Wasabi it didn't support RBF. Not sure if things have changed.

Unfortunately RBF is still not supported in Wasabi because the developers did not want to implement it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
Is your transaction opted in to replace by fee (RBF)? If you are unsure, either share the transaction ID here and I can check for you or paste it in to a good block explorer such as https://mempool.space/ and see if beside features it shows "RBF" in green or scored out and in red. If it is opted in, it is easy to cancel. If not, it is significantly harder and likely not possible.

Having said that, the last time I used Wasabi it didn't support RBF. Not sure if things have changed.
Activity: 2
Merit: 4
I've just fallen victim to a phishing scam & sent 1.5 BTC to a fake website. I believe as the transaction is unconfirmed in the mem pool there may be a limited time I can claw it back by sending the same coin again with a higher transaction fee. My initial amount was sent with a low fee which is why it perhaps is unconfirmed after a long time.

I do need some technician help to try this as I have no idea how to do it. Transaction was sent via Wasabi Wallet.

Do you know of a person who can help & guide me what to do? I might have a shot.

Obviously a big reward to anyone who could help me claw back this transaction.

Andy Wonder.
Pages:
Jump to: