Pages:
Author

Topic: URGENT! Sent LTC to a BTC address - page 2. (Read 458 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 09:43:04 AM
The BTC deposit address I got from GDAX started with a 3. I plugged it into withdraw LTC on Binance. The same exact address exists both as a BTC and LTC address. Also, given that the BTC address is owned by GDAX, can we assume that the LTC address is as well?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
April 25, 2018, 09:34:56 AM
Technically it is definetely possible to recover your LTC.
But without owning the private key (which you obviously don't because the address does belong to GDAX) you can't do this yourself.

The support of GDAX are the only ones who can help you in this case.

As ranochigo said, i also think they missunderstood your support ticket.
Its probably not the first time they recovered wrongly send coins.

Just ask them again and explain that you have sent LTC to their BTC address.

Any thoughts what I can do if they just say they won’t/can’t do anything? I’m just torn, killing myself over this.

Unfortunately, if they don't want to help you.. you are out of luck.
It is all up to them whether they are going to help you or not.
April 25, 2018, 09:34:34 AM
Exactly. I’m not too tech-savy but I understand this much. I’m waiting on their response. Any thoughts what I can do if they just say they won’t/can’t do anything? I’m just torn, killing myself over this.

Edit: and yes I contacted Binance as well, they told me to contact Gdax urgently, which I did.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
April 25, 2018, 09:31:16 AM
GDAX probably misunderstood your message. If you've withdrawn the coins from Binance, Binance should be the one saying they can't reverse the transaction since they were the sender. GDAX should be the party that is able to fix this problem since they have the private keys to the P2SH Bitcoin address.

GDAX can use their private key to retrieve the LTC. Pester them more.
April 25, 2018, 09:22:44 AM
I fucked up. I need help ASAP. Withdrew 120 LTC from Binance, went to get an address from GDAX and chose and copied BTC wallet deposit address by accident. The transaction processed for a while, I made a support ticket both to Binance and GDAX. Apparently the BTC address I sent the Litecoins to is actually a valid LTC address. The transaction is now complete and on Litecoin explorer it shows that the coins have been received. The address has never had any prior inputs or outputs. I am going to die, seriously. Any thoughts on whether GDAX will be able to fix this problem? They responded to my support ticket with this:

”Thank you for reaching out to GDAX Support.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of cryptocurrency protocols, it’s not possible to cancel or reverse a cryptocurrency send/withdrawal to an address after it has been initiated. I apologize we cannot be of further assistance with this.”

I read online about similar cases where the exchange had fixed this issue for them for a fee. I’m all cool about paying a fee as long as this gets fixed. It’s not about reversing or cancelling a TX, GDAX just needs to make a new TX to reimburse me my LTC. Please help!
Pages:
Jump to: