Pages:
Author

Topic: US and Canadian users no longer allowed to use MtGox directly? - page 4. (Read 4081 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
http://coinlab.com/new-transition

What, exactly is happening?
Right now Mt. Gox keeps US and Canadian customer funds in Japan and Europe, mostly. CoinLab is going to take over servicing those accounts, and move them to Silicon Valley Bank in the US.

When that happens, if your'e a Mt. Gox customer, you will be transitioned to CoinLab as your primary exchange relationship. We'll provide the liquidity for your US or Canadian-based business.

What if I don't want to be a CoinLab customer? Can I stay with Mt. Gox if I'm in the US or Canada?
We'll miss you, but you can always leave us. If you are in the US/Canada, you can't stick with Mt. Gox, though. Part of our agreement with Mt. Gox is super-strict about locale: Mt. Gox really wants to be 100% out of the US/Canada market.

What if I'm in Europe and want to be a CoinLab customer?
Awww, how sweet! While we can offer storage, consulting and super-compute services to you, we can't offer exchange or liquidity services -- but you can always sign up with Mt. Gox and get access to the same liquidity pool.

How secure is your setup?
It's pretty secure; it beats, by a significant margin, all other known US bitcoin security practices. Mt. Gox has also reviewed the procedures and indicated they are comfortable with them. Before we launch, we'll detail what we're doing on the security side so you can check in, but you can read a bit about at storage right now.

This is bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: