Pages:
Author

Topic: US Congressman Warren Davidson Filed Legislation to Fire Gary Gensler - page 2. (Read 201 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
I heard about this as it went live and the market barely moved. Especially a token like Binance. I think unless he is actually fires then most likely it’ll go nowhere.

It’s not that easy to fire him. It’ll have to go thru legislation which will take time. And keep in mind that Gary has a lot of power from many people in the high ups. You can’t just easily fire him like you would a McDonald’s workers.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1159
What is happening now looks like a prearranged play. I think this play will last another 1-2 months, after which a prearranged agreement will be signed. The SEC's actions look too strange. It is unlikely that America is ready to really show the world its weakness in terms of combating cryptocurrencies, because the SEC decisions offered now are characterized by their inflexibility
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

Gensler is backed by people bigger than Davidson though. Its going to be a lobbying war.
He wouldn't try to do all these stuff just to suppress the crypto market but the institutions are also behind him. When he declared ETH to be a security and then changed again, you can tell then something was up.

Maybe the success of this legislation lies to how much is to be negotiated to change the structure. The Mark Cubans of crypto should share  Grin The new structure would be good, it would allow consensus to win and arrive a fair decision.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
Well, as the title says, US Congressman Warren Davidson has filed legislation against SEC and to fire Gary Gensler. He shared this news on Twitter at 10:13 PM · Jun 12, 2023.

This legislation will force SEC to rebuild its laws against digital assets and will reconsider its acts against tokens declared as "securities". Well, no wonder, last week was full of attacks from SEC and the market has bled a lot, many people are saying they have misused their power and some said they were just following orders from other congress.
Congress enacted the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “Exchange Act”) in part to provide for the regulation of the national securities markets. And Congress charged the SEC with protecting investors, preserving fair and orderly markets, and facilitating capital formation, in part through a series of registration, disclosure, recordkeeping, inspection, and anti-conflict-of-interest provisions

Well, the point is, What's good in all the steps against declaring those tokens as securities? (note* i am not in favor of any of those tokens just interested in the story). That's still a mystery for me, but now it has become more interesting, like how things will move now against them and what reaction are we going to see from them, i personally have no information about Congressman Warren Davidson, like how much potential his words and case will put against SEC and Gensler? it could be a trick (artificial case/fake one to take more severe steps to make the market bleed more, as i think these are all the tricks to buy more BTC at a lower price! (i might be wrong and open all ears) or this might be a true case and Warren Davidson really stands for his words. (Or i am being too skeptical?).

Well, its looks like, he really wants Gary to be out of this even though he filed against SEC to reconstruct their laws, and still the main aim is to fire Gary.

There are many ifs, but what if the next SEC chair is the next level avatar of Gary Gensler, (haha) well i think that's why he mainly focused on the structure of making commissioners to follow the Executive Director.
Pages:
Jump to: